Justin Berfield Producing New Film 'An Invisible Sign of My Own'

Ryebeach

Justin Berfield (Reese) producing new film, "An Invisible Sign of My Own"

Justin Berfield is producing a new film based on the book, "An Invisible Sign of My Own."

Plot Summary: "This compelling adaptation of the award winning novel by Aimee Bender follows 19 year old Mona Grey as she finds solace only in numbers after learning of her father's sudden illness."

America Ferrera, star of the hit ABC TV series, "Ugly Betty" has signed on to play the main character, Mona Grey. Production is set to begin shortly, before production on the next season of "Ugly Betty" begins. However, filming could be affected by the possible Screen Actor's Guild strike, should it occur the end of June.

No release date timeframe has been announced as of yet. I'll keep you posted as to that and also further casting, which should be announced shortly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1693

That film sounds pretty interesting. JB will definitely get his name "out there" with this one.

AlexTheMartian

unfortunately, you do not really get fame from being a producer, unless you are Jerry Bruckheimer or Steven Spielberg

Although some people lately have been getting their name out there from producing many hit movies in a row, one such example is Judd Apatow, he produced all of these hit comedies: Anchorman, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Talladega Nights, Knocked Up, Superbad, Walk Hard, Drillbit Taylor, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Adam Sandler is also becoming a notable producer of comedies... but note those two people I just mentioned just produce comedies, I personally think it is harder for a producer of dramas, like Justin is becoming, to get their name out there.

He just better hope he produces many hit dramas in a row and have a recognizable production company logo at the beginning of each, or just change over to comedies and smack his name all over those, lol.

Last edited:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Hm... I can see flop written all over this. Just a gut feeling. Old intuition I guess.

People like short titles, this isn't one of them. I am also prepared to eat my words if I am wrong.

D

Deleted member 1693

She finds her place and piece of mind working with mathematics? o.o

I don't know if they mean that, or with numbers meaning multiple people.

Ryebeach

She finds her place and piece of mind working with mathematics? o.o

I don't know if they mean that, or with numbers meaning multiple people.
You're exactly right, Lucky. :) The character immerses herself in mathematics and finds her place in life as well as peace of mind while working with them.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday Justin commented on his official forum saying;

hey guys!! happy tgiving week to everyone. i was in nyc for the past month. Invisible Sign should be a great film. taking the next week off and am headed to mexico to spend Thanksgiving. (i know, weird, but my family are all down there so i am headed to meet them). Hopefully i get turkey and not tacos! hope all is great with everyone....more later, justin

Last edited:

Ryebeach

An Invisible Sign Of My Own is now in post-production. You can check out a few stills from the movie here.

A release date has not yet been set.