Todd Holland's 'Miss Guided' TV Show

Ryebeach

"Miss/Guided" - New show from former MITM director/producer Todd Holland

Former MITM director/producer, Todd Holland, has a new TV show which premieres tomorrow night, March 18th at 10:30pm on ABC.

Plot summary: A single-camera comedy centered on a woman (Judy Greer) who returns to her high school alma mater to become a guidance counselor.

You can check out a sneak-peak of the series here.

After it's premiere tomorrow night, the show will settle into it's normal timeslot with double episodes on Thursdays at 8:00 and 8:30pm, beginning March 20th.

In addition to Holland, Ashton Kutcher is also an executive producer of this series. He appears in the show as a substitute teacher in the 2nd episode.

Ryebeach

That's an interesting lineup of people I know. I may have to take a look. What was it called?

The show's called Miss Guided. As it's a mid-season show, there will only be 7 episodes for it's first season. Hopefully it'll stick around because I'm hearing it's quite good. :) Here's another brief clip which I, personally, think is hilarious:

[Video removed by youtube user]

Last edited by a moderator:

MalcolmFun

I watched multiple of the clips on Youtube. I put this show in the same category as Scrubs. I like the style, similiar to Malcolm, but the writing just doesnt seem up to the same high standard. I saw the car crash coming as soon as she said it, predictable. and a 30 seconds clip for basically just the one joke? That is a glacial pace compared to Malcolm where basically every line is a joke if you pay close enough attention.

Despite my negativity, Im glad to see new comedies in this mold. I cant stand the cheesy laugh track on set shows.

Ryebeach

I watched multiple of the clips on Youtube. I put this show in the same category as Scrubs. I like the style, similiar to Malcolm, but the writing just doesnt seem up to the same high standard. I saw the car crash coming as soon as she said it, predictable. and a 30 seconds clip for basically just the one joke? That is a glacial pace compared to Malcolm where basically every line is a joke if you pay close enough attention.

Despite my negativity, Im glad to see new comedies in this mold. I cant stand the cheesy laugh track on set shows.

I saw the car crash coming too, MalcolmFun, but for whatever reason, it still struck me funny. I don't know if it was the facial expressions or the delivery of the lines or what. I agree, we've seen the jokes many a time before but I'm hoping there will be something different, either with the direction or the acting, that will keep us tuning in.

And Judy Greer is quite funny. Did anyone ever see her appearances on Arrested Development?

AlexTheMartian

The totally got this from those car insurance commercials recently. my favorite one is when those building painters fall, and the paint splatters on the car parked on the street, and to save the people who fell they push the car out of the way, and as it rolls into an intersection it gets hit by a big truck :lol:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Todd Holland was one of the leading producers and directors on Malcolm in the Middle. This year he worked on a new TV series Miss Guided. He directed several episodes and was an executive producer. Variety says he had artistic differences regarding tone, which from what I understand lead him to take a back-seat in some respects.
A single-camera comedy centered on a woman (Judy Greer) who returns to her high school alma mater to become a guidance counsellor.
[See Front Page Post for Video]

It aired March - April on ABC but sadly the show was not renewed for a second season.

Source: Wikipedia, Variety.com

Last edited: