Racing Safety Interview

MalcolmFun

upcoming

PCM will be featured in an upcoming episode of the The History Channels hit program "Modern Marvels," schedule to air July 10th at 8:00 pm ET. The episode features the safety aspects of open-wheel racing. Team owner Tyler Tadevic and PCM drivers Mario Dominguez and Frankie Muniz were interviewed for the program. This episode should not be confused with the "Carbon" episode which aired earlier this year. Check your local listings for updates.

MalcolmFun

If you want to see what he is up to, here you go.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DdV9GJf9j48&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DdV9GJf9j48&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MalcolmFun

This is months old but I just stumbled on it. The most interesting thing is that someone who grew up in Hollywood can write coherently:tongue:

In motor sports, finding a comfort zone is key
Frankie Muniz column: A driver needs to be able to push the car hard enough while trying to stay relaxed.
FRANKIE MUNIZ
Special to The Register
MOTOR SPORTS DIARY

Phew! I'm so happy to have survived the first race of the season last Sunday in Long Beach. My nerves last week were insane. I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to perform well, which I think hindered my performance in the first couple of sessions.

Racing is such a mental game, and I didn't have my mind in the right spot. It's a very odd feeling to climb in a race car and push as hard as you possibly can, while staying as relaxed as possible. But with the support of my girlfriend, my family, and my team, I was able to find a comfort zone that I can take with me for the rest of my racing career.

So Saturday qualifying, I went out there with the mentality that I was just driving, having fun. As I started my first couple of laps, I was smiling so huge looking at the crowd thinking how amazing it was that I am a race car driver. It helped me relax and I just did what I know how to do ... drive. I kept noticing my times dropping so I made myself stay in that frame of mind. I ended up only .9 off the leader, which I was extremely happy about.

To know that I am in the hunt is a huge confidence booster for me as a driver. Of course, I still have a lot of room for improvement, but I am very happy with the progress that I have made with my team, Pacific Coast Motorsports, and I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

On another note, I was very sad to watch the last Champ Car race ever. I love Champ Car, and it was very surreal to think that this was the last time they would ever run. I was very happy to be a part of it and witness the race and so happy that my team, PCM scored a podium finish with Mario Dominguez.

I have to thank my team owner, Tyler Tadevic, my team manager Shane (Seneviratne), and my race engineer, Tim Lewis, so much for giving me the opportunity to follow my dreams in a very competitive environment. My mechanics Andy, Jon, and Chris did a great job having my car in great working order and I can not wait to share some top-ten finishes with them this season.

Now I turn my focus to our next race at Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway, and training my butt off to be in the best possible physical shape I can be in for the next race. How cool is this? I've had a lot of good in my life, but I'm truthfully the happiest I have ever been.

Frankie Muniz, an Emmy and Golden Globe nominated actor and star of "Malcolm in the Middle," will be racing in the Atlantic Championship series for Pacific Coast Motorsports. This will be his second season in the Atlantic Series. For more, go to frankiemunizracing.com

Contact the writer: www.frankiemunizracing.com
orange county register
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/other/motorsports/article_2023510.php