Season 7 Air Times Have Been Changed

MITM18

FOX has just announced they are moving Malcolm In The Middle from Sunday at 7:30 PM to Friday at 8:30 PM

September-December 2005 Schedule:

MONDAY
8pm: "Arrested Development"
8:30pm: "Kitchen Confidential"
9pm: "Prison Break"

TUESDAY
8pm: "Bones"
9pm: "House"

WEDNESDAY
8pm: "That '70s Show"
8:30pm: "Stacked"
9pm: "Head Cases"

THURSDAY
8pm: "The O.C."
9pm: "Reunion"

FRIDAY
8pm: "The Bernie Mac Show"
8:30pm: "Malcolm in the Middle"
9pm: "The Gate"

SATURDAY
8pm: "Cops"
8:30pm: "Cops"
9pm: "America's Most Wanted"
11pm: "MADtv"

SUNDAY
7pm: "Animated Encores"
7:30pm: "King of the Hill"
8pm: "The Simpsons"
8:30pm: "The War at Home"
9pm: "Family Guy"
9:30pm: "American Dad"

January - May 2006 Schedule:

MONDAY
8pm: "House"
9pm: "24"

TUESDAY
8pm: "American Idol"
9pm: "Bones"

WEDNESDAY
9pm: "American Idol"
9:30pm: "The Loop"

THURSDAY
8pm: "The O.C."
9pm: "Reunion"

FRIDAY
8pm: "The Bernie Mac Show"
8:30pm: "Malcolm in the Middle"
9pm: "The Gate"

SATURDAY
8pm: "Cops"
8:30pm: "Cops"
9pm: "America's Most Wanted"
11pm: "MADtv"

SUNDAY
7pm: "Animated Encores"
7:30pm: "King of the Hill"
8pm: "The Simpsons"
8:30pm: "The War at Home"
9pm: "Family Guy"
9:30pm: "American Dad"

q46291

From what I've heard, Friday night shows tend to have low ratings. It is known as the Friday night Death Slot. Shows generally placed in the time slot are usually slated for cancellation. The idea of returning to the 8:30PM time slot is pleasing though. It was probably Desperate Housewives that prompted the change to the deadly 7:30PM time slot in the first place.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
No, that wouldn't work. Malcolm's always on Sunday. I need to end my weekend with it, not start it. That's just not right. How could they do that? That's not till fall, right? Maybe they'll change their mind by November.

admin

Retired Administrator
Since when was Friday the start of the week :DThere was me thinking Monday was the start of the week

I have add this article to the portal now.

ahelm13

I really don't mind this change. I think we have all come to the conclusion that next season is the last, so the Friday death slot isn't that bad (even though Bernie Mac for some reason got renewed there). We won't have to worry about it getting run over by football, but hopefully they'll stick to their guns with original programming on Fridays which they haven't done for quite a while during February and May sweeps.

Looking at other Malcolm related news, the guest character Dylan from the Thanksgiving episode of season 5 is going to be in the new FOX show "Prison Break", Malcolm's friend Dabney from the early years is going to be on the new FOX show "The War at Home", and there also appears to be a picture of Craig for the new WB midseason show "Misconceptions" though there isn't any mention of him in the synopsis.

Has anyone else found any more Malcolm people in new shows next year?

get all the info on the upfronts at http://www.thefutoncritic.com

admin

Retired Administrator
This is quite unsual for a friday night 8.30pm slot to be the death slot. In the UK friday 8.30PM would get in exceess of 10million viewers on one of the five terrerstrial channels, with all our new series, us imports on at around this time.

ahelm13

In America, Fridays and Saturdays are by far the least watched nights of television in a week. The theory is everyone is going out to the movies (since movies open of Friday) or they're out on dates at the bars etc. and not staying home to watch TV. Even a special CBS movie last Friday on Elvis was only able to pull in maybe half the audience of American Idol.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
What plays on friday anyway? I can't remember having a show to watch on fridays since I used to watch those awful shows on TGIF on ABC when I was little. Well, at least it's going to be after 8:00 now. Puting a show on before 8 is almost insulting.

What's going to be on right before it?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Quintuplets....

lol I don't know, but wouldn't that be just our luck. A show like that prior to MITM. I hope we can get all the way through season 7 without being canceled, or we'll significantly decrease our chances of getting additional seasons on DVD.

Emrysgirl

Quintuplets?? I thought they cancelled that awful show. :mad:

I don't watch any of the Friday shows either. When I'm at home, I watch recorded shows from the rest of the week.

ahelm13

Yardgames, I guarantee you that all of the Malcolm episodes will air. With a show that has run this long, they are contractually obligated to air all of them. Remember the Drew Carey Show which had its entire last season air during the summer? There might be a chance that they pull the show until next summer at some point during the year (end of January or April) but we will get to see all of them eventually.

arach

I don't mind when they show it. Not only because I can't watch FOX in Austria, but also because for people who like the show it won't matter. They will still watch it.

And since Season 7 is going to be the last, noone has to fear that they cancel the show because of lower ratings, because they already said that it's going to be cancelled. ;)

We all know that MitM has had a lower rating lately, so I can totally understand why they take it off of the important Sunday evening slot.

MITM18

September-December 2005 Schedule:

MONDAY
8pm: "Arrested Development"
8:30pm: "Kitchen Confidential"
9pm: "Prison Break"

TUESDAY
8pm: "Bones"
9pm: "House"

WEDNESDAY