PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone Feel like crying when mitm was over? or when they knew it was

Alex
Aug 6, 2007, 01:21 PM
Did anyone Feel like crying when mitm was over? or when they knew it was?
i cried..it was such a great show i think its like a once in a lifetime show.

Boofyboy
Aug 6, 2007, 04:02 PM
Definitely. I did. I've never loved another television show like I love that one and probably never will again. It was truly one of a kind.

Gouki
Aug 6, 2007, 10:45 PM
I was disappointed that it ended, yeah, but I didn't cry.

Graduations made me tear up a bit. So did Morp and Hal Grieves, but otherwise, no.

yardgames
Aug 7, 2007, 11:39 AM
When the announcement that it had been cancelled first came out, it didn't really hit me. There are very few episodes that made me cry, but Graduation was one of them because at that point it finally hit me straight in the face that in fact the show was ending and I wouldn't see any more new MITM. (BTW the other episodes that make me tear up every time are Lois' Birthday, Reese Comes Home, and Morp.)

Alle
Aug 9, 2007, 03:10 AM
I was a tad disappointed when I heard the news. I thought it had one or two more seasons in it. But if some of the cast feel like they want to move on with their careers or lives, then there is hardly any point in critizing them for it. Besides, Malcolm was off to university, so its not really so much a childhood saga anymore. "Malcolm In The Middle" was a fine show while it lasted, and that is what matters, not how many episodes it aired.

Alex
Aug 20, 2007, 09:08 PM
Reese comes home made me cry too.. REESE!!! :(

Lucky Maroon
Sep 4, 2007, 03:00 PM
I didn't cry, but I was very disappointed at Lois and Hal for chasing such an impossible dream for Malcolm.

Amigo22
Sep 9, 2007, 07:37 PM
Me too. -------------------------------------

glm1234
Sep 14, 2007, 06:30 PM
i dont normally cry at t.v programmes,but it brang tears to my eyes :)

samboo1
Sep 16, 2007, 07:25 AM
Yeah I did. It was like the end of an era...well it was really.:bored:

punkygrl5
Sep 20, 2007, 02:05 PM
I came so so close to crying at the end of Graduation and Reese Comes Home, nearly. My little brother cried though. Sky One called it the 'Sunday Send off' and they showed the finales of mitm and some other show.

tony_montana
Sep 22, 2007, 10:40 PM
Ok, ok, I admit...I FELT like crying...but I didn't.
I know this sounds wussy, but for almost two weeks after the show ended, I got so sad when I thought of MITM and that song in "Lois's Birthday" that goes "You decorated my life".....
Yeah, I know. Wussy. I actually laugh now for ever feeling that way. :D

Lucky Maroon
Sep 22, 2007, 11:50 PM
Tony, I can relate to you. Whenever I hear certain songs by U2 (specifically the theme of Electrical Storm), Oasis (specifically Don't Look Back in Anger), or Radiohead (quite a few of their songs), they make me remember MITM and how sad it was when it ended...

P.S. The parts in bold make me remember the show...

The lyrics of Electrical Storm's theme:

"You're in my mind all of the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack there must be some way back
For love and only love

Electrical Storm
Electrical Storm
(baby don't cry)"

The bold part reminds me of how much I think about the show, and how we can't go back in time to when I could keep watching new episodes. D:

Some lyrics from Don't Look Back in Anger:

"Slip inside the eye of your mind
Dont you know you might find
A better place to play

You said that youve never been
But all the things that youve seen
They slowly fade away

So Ill start a revolution from my bed
cuz you said the brains I had went to my head
Step outside, summertimes in bloom
Stand up beside the fireplace
Take that look from off your face
You aint ever gonna burn my heart out

And so, Sally can wait
She knows its too late as were walking on by
Her soul slides away
But dont look back in anger
I heard you say"

The bold parts mean how the boys always found something clever to do given their circumstances, how Malcolm's ego and brain got in the way of his life, the stunned, annoyed, and slightly sad face that Malcolm showed us when it was revealed that his parents wanted him to be the president, how it was over too fast, and how I shouldn't be negative about the fact it ended.

Wow. I think too much. And this makes me a bigger wuss than you. :]

Amigo22
Sep 23, 2007, 12:04 AM
Ok, ok, I admit...I FELT like crying...but I didn't.
I know this sounds wussy, but for almost two weeks after the show ended, I got so sad when I thought of MITM and that song in "Lois's Birthday" that goes "You decorated my life".....
Yeah, I know. Wussy. I actually laugh now for ever feeling that way. :D

Every time I hear a song from MITM it always reminds me of that particular scene.

tony_montana
Sep 23, 2007, 07:00 PM
Well, that song reminds me of the last episode. It just hits home that the show is over....
Man, I better be careful before I start acting all wussy again!

Alex
Oct 4, 2007, 01:04 AM
*Sighs* i wish they just made a movie or a random thing where they get together.

Lucky Maroon
Oct 4, 2007, 09:37 PM
It would be cool, but sadly the cast has split and *most likely* don't have time for something like that. They each have different plans and different lifestyles now.

Lozart
Aug 16, 2008, 02:07 AM
It finally hit me.

The last episode was like any other show. And then... I realized it was over...

Helena1xoxo
Sep 2, 2008, 02:07 PM
Im Soooo Unhappy.

Im Just Gonna Go Out And Buy A Big Tub Of Icecream Lay In Bed And Watch The Whole Series All Year..

Waaahhh!!

Hope Youre Coping Better Than Me...

A Very Unhappy

Helena.xoxo

Lozart
Sep 5, 2008, 09:45 PM
If the make a wish foundation came to me.

I would wish the whole MITM crew would make a 2 hour movie :)

Sloba
Sep 25, 2008, 06:50 AM
I think i'll cry, but RTL Croatia, shows us The Nanny third time, so i think there will be MITM for about two years.

Evil King
Oct 12, 2008, 04:29 PM
I was extremely upset.

Even though I found the first few series better than the last few, MitM was still brilliant and it's such a shame it ended.

I wish they had gone for a few more years, Season 10 should have been final. But then again, maybe it wouldn't have been so original and it may have just been a drag.

I dunno. I just really wish they could get together and make a reunion episode, while it is almost impossible, they are still perfectly capable of doing it. Reese, Malcolm and Dewey don't even look that different from what they lef off at Season 7 anyway so it could work. :tongue:

Folkarys
Oct 21, 2008, 07:25 AM
I was Sad,but mitm have ending in formidable way.

marcos.archer
Jul 6, 2009, 09:17 PM
i try no to think about it. :(:(:(

Richiepiep
Jul 7, 2009, 08:27 AM
No, I didn't feel like crying! I felt a combination of sadness and resignation I guess. It felt a bit 'definitive'.

But as this was already a rerun of MITM in syndication (MITM was never shown to the end on our channels in the first run), I thought they might start all over again, which they did! Moreover, I have most episodes now in digital form, so I can always see them whenever I want!

Which still leaves the realization that there's probably never gonna be family reunion ....

Rich

QBERT
Jul 7, 2009, 11:16 AM
Yeah I Cried

tjpeople
Jul 7, 2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah I Cried

Welcome QBERT, we hope you enjoy your stay. :)

MITM_Fan
Jul 7, 2009, 02:02 PM
Yeah I Cried

Welcome.

Me, no, I didn't. It wasn't very emotional so I didn't.

Lparsons7981
Jul 7, 2009, 09:36 PM
I was upset to be sure, because the show was/is so important for me in that I didn't/ don't have a heck of a lot of other positives going on in my life, but I am glad I can watch a lot of the episodes whenever I want, and relive the show again, this time with a fresh, older perspective.

I don't remember who said the quote, but it comes to mind.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Richiepiep
Jul 8, 2009, 06:50 PM
I was upset to be sure, because the show was/is so important for me in that I didn't/ don't have a heck of a lot of other positives going on in my life, but I am glad I can watch a lot of the episodes whenever I want, and relive the show again, this time with a fresh, older perspective.

I don't remember who said the quote, but it comes to mind.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

.... which is a great quote, whoever it was by! (it's by Dr. Seuss by the way ;))

Don't cry
Dry the tears falling out of your eyes
Don't cry
And it's all I can do just to say "I love you"
Don't cry

Your pillow is your friend
But baby, it's not the end
Your pillow is your friend
But baby, it's not the end

Don't cry
Dry those tears falling out of your eyes
Don't cry
And the song is all true, dedicated to you
Don't cry

(They Might Be Giants, Don't Cry, featured in MITM)

Rich

Malcolm sure knows how to smile:

Dabney
Jul 8, 2009, 09:21 PM
To be honest, i wanted to cry. I wanted to let my emotions out. (It was the week before my A-levels started, so i needed to relieve some stress).
I just couldn't cry. Maybe the final episode was too good, too satisfying for me to just cry. I was really eager to get emotional, but it just didn't work. Nevertheless I miss the show a lot. I was an important part of my growing up.

The Nuclear Option
Jul 9, 2009, 11:24 PM
yea, i definitely felt like crying when i watched the end of it, after that they showed the pilot episode and i noticed so many similarities between these two episodes

tjpeople
Jul 10, 2009, 07:14 AM
they showed the pilot episode and i noticed so many similarities between these two episodes

Welcome The Nuclear Option, we hope you enjoy your stay.

Yes I love how it mirrors the pilot.

The Nuclear Option
Jul 10, 2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Does any one else get the "I've seen better days" song stuck in there head?

Lparsons7981
Jul 10, 2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Does any one else get the "I've seen better days" song stuck in there head?

Ya, its a good song. :)

The Nuclear Option
Jul 10, 2009, 10:18 PM
Mitm was the show i watched growing up, it made me who i am today, it was a great show, darn shame that the other seasons never came out on DVD

Darky
Jul 15, 2009, 12:38 AM
To be honest.. I just heard about MITM 2 weeks ago.. I watched it at nick at night and it was awesome. I thought its new until I did some search. And I found this website and finished the whole thing in 4 days more or less. The ending of MITM was great but I was sad it ended..

tjpeople
Jul 15, 2009, 07:48 AM
Wow, from discovering the show to watching it all in 2 weeks thats is quick.

Darky
Jul 15, 2009, 09:33 PM
Wow, from discovering the show to watching it all in 2 weeks thats is quick.

lol i'm only 13 and its summer..

Lparsons7981
Jul 15, 2009, 09:36 PM
lol i'm only 13 and its summer..

I was the same way, don't feel bad.

Heck, I don't have any more going on this summer, I've beat all my XBOX games like 2 times already :D

Darky
Jul 17, 2009, 02:20 AM
I was the same way, don't feel bad.

Heck, I don't have any more going on this summer, I've beat all my XBOX games like 2 times already :D

This is starting to get off topic.. So lets back on it.. I feel like... I was really sad after it was over cause it was the best show i ever seen.. A few other shows I watch is trash compare to this.

Jayhost
Aug 18, 2009, 12:47 AM
When the announcement that it had been cancelled first came out, it didn't really hit me. There are very few episodes that made me cry, but Graduation was one of them because at that point it finally hit me straight in the face that in fact the show was ending and I wouldn't see any more new MITM. (BTW the other episodes that make me tear up every time are Lois' Birthday, Reese Comes Home, and Morp.)

oh! i agree on all counts!!

i remember when there was a really looooooooong break in season seven. i was a wreck, then next thing i hear on the radio is that season seven would be it. i just...blacked out, lol.

Graduation had me bawling. even when i watch it now I get upset. what i loved it is it started and ended with the same song. *Better Days* i found that VERY special and respectful to the fans:wub:

flipfreak4
Sep 5, 2009, 05:47 PM
ITNEVERHAPPENEDITNEVERHAPPENEDITNEVERHAPPENED

NO! There is not a final episode of MITM! I'm only on season 5, don't even joke about things like that! MITM never ended...you're all trying to trick me...

^this is the only way I can get through the day without going insane. By saying it to myself at least 500 times.

And just for the record...the only episode that's made me cry so far is Lois' Sister (but I haven't seen Reese Comes Home yet). I'm thinking of using Lois' speech to Susan in my drama exams later this year.
It's beautiful. I only hope I can put half the amount of emotion into it as Jane Kaczmarek does.

deweyinthemiddle
Sep 11, 2009, 07:28 PM
I wish it was still on today, but Malcolm would be graduating college!:D lol

lol1234
Sep 12, 2009, 04:47 PM
i didnot but i thought why did they it was a great show.

Lparsons7981
Sep 12, 2009, 07:38 PM
I wish it was still on today, but Malcolm would be graduating college!:D lol

Ugh, that makes me feel old because I am graduating from college soon!

deweyinthemiddle
Sep 13, 2009, 08:06 PM
LOL!:D

P.S. I couldn't help notice that Lparsons, you reached over 100 posts, now you are a senior member, cool!:D:p

Lparsons7981
Sep 13, 2009, 10:51 PM
LOL!:D

P.S. I couldn't help notice that Lparsons, you reached over 100 posts, now you are a senior member, cool!:D:p

Thanks!

deweyinthemiddle
Sep 14, 2009, 08:30 PM
You're welcome!:)

omqits_cinderella
Nov 6, 2009, 07:24 PM
yess i cried i love mitm =] i love justin berfield. =]

Siobhan
Nov 7, 2009, 06:16 AM
I didn’t cry… but the fact that MITM was officially over made me slightly sad. At least we got 7 series of it.

MonkeyBoy
Nov 27, 2009, 12:19 PM
why did they cancel malcolm in the middle

zachman93
May 11, 2010, 01:31 AM
I didn't cry. I knew how the ending panned out beforehand due to some unfortunate spoiler incidents, but upon rewinding and rewatching several times (a horridly OCD habit of mine) so that I could truly "soak it all in", I definitely felt the raw emotion. There was a great feeling of bittersweet release... like I was sad that it was "over" for me, but after spening the last 8-9 months of my life watching it bit by bit, it was really like ending a good book. Terribly sad but a great releif and serenity, especially concerning how positive the finale was. I considered drawing it out, and postponing watching the end for several more months - but talked myself out of it.

No doubt I will be back re-watching sometime soon. I hate to be sappy, but MitM in the short time I fell in love with it and experienced it sort of became an important facet of my life. It helped me through coming to some important realizations about growing up, my own shortcomings, and about others. It really was a great spiritual boost to me, even though I desperately over-analyzed and picked it apart. Even learning to do that less and to just ENJOY it was a big revelation for me. My life would not be the same if I had never watched "New Neighbors" one slow day last summer out of boredom.

uriel228
Jul 20, 2010, 09:05 PM
i realy liked this series and this funny family,
i have now an empty hole in my heart,
but i think this it's good that's over because the children have grown up
and i don't want to see another actors in our:wub:family (MITM)

TheKillerCucumber
Aug 8, 2010, 02:02 AM
i ALMOST cried! it was so sad, i just couldn't believe it was all over! every time i hear the song "Better Days" which was played at the end of Pilot and Graduation, i get really sad.
i just remember hal naked in the kitchen being shaved while singing "I believe in miracles, you sexy thing". good times...
we'll miss you malcolm!!!

oh and if frankie muniz became president that would be awesome. :O

tjpeople
Aug 17, 2010, 04:48 PM
Welcome TheKillerCucumber (http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=8502), hope you enjoy your stay :)

ILoveMITM
Oct 11, 2010, 05:47 AM
I was SO sad. I almost cried, I loved the show! I was always SO excited to see a new episode and I really miss that feeling of being excited to see a new episode. It totally sucks there will be no more new episodes, I wish it was never cancelled but we cant change that. I remember the the day the last episode was going to air, I was so sad and I didt want it to air because I knew when that episode ended it was no more new MITM. I would be happy if this show went on and on and on and on, the cast was amazingly put together and the show was just great.

Ollie
Dec 6, 2010, 12:52 PM
I'll admit, Reece Comes Home and Graduation both brought a tear to my eye. It was an amazing show and I don't think as many people watch(ed) it as the show deserved, but I luckily have all the episodes in digital form on my laptop, so I'm going to show my kids when I'm older haha :D.

PeterU
Dec 6, 2010, 01:15 PM
The end of Reese Comes Home is definitely one of the most emotive parts of all seven seasons, I agree. It's one of the few times you actually see the three brothers show love for each other at the same time. It's a nice moment.

Dew_Fan
Nov 3, 2011, 09:18 AM
I agree, those final couple of minutes were really touching and sweet, the fact that they actually missed Reese even though he is kinda mean to them was really nice. Also, the fact that right after the touching moment, they got right back to being sinister but happy at the same time, was funny and sweet.

PeterU
Nov 4, 2011, 08:00 AM
Yeah -- the very fact that they are nice to each other only through a shared sense of being horrible to other people seems fitting. :)