Who do you thinks is/are the Funniest Character/s?

robert

I Think Dewey is very funny, Reese is somethimes funny But not always, But malcom is to annoying For my liking, Ha Isn't that funny and Lois somethimes seems to serious. So It Has to be Dewey.:D

Emrysgirl

I don't really have an answer. It's the plots, not the characters,(should there be a comma here:confused: ) that I find funny.

But as far as most dependable plot line, I would have to choose Lois. Malcolm and Dewey can both get annoying; Reese, Hal and Francis have all had overly emotion i.e. sappy plotlines.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Hal's crazy, but I belive it was appanah who said he is someone every man should aspire to be. He has his issues and his obsessions, but he cares deeply for kids and his wife; he's a hard worker, despite not liking his job (when he goes to work [which excludes Fridays]); and he's a kind, fun, ougoing man.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I love how proud he gets of his sons when they are good at something, even if it's just something simple, like how excited he was that Dewey was really good at skittles.

daniel1985

Hal is very funny, I think it's because he tends to get the best storylines. I have always found Reese to be the funniest, but recently I think he has been given some pretty weak plotlines, which is a shame. I also always find Craig to be very funny when he appears, although I think he would start to annoy me if he was in every episode!

MITM-Fan

well, although I'm a total fan of Frankie Muniz and I like the character of Malcolm which sometimes reminds me of myself (I'm not that sarcastic and bitter, and I'm far more relaxed ;) ) but there are some things. Anyway...though I'm totally into this character, there are others who seem to be funnier.
But it really depends on the episode, everyone on this show gets his big laugh for the audience and sometimes one or more characters seem to get annoying.
Really hard to say who is the most constantly funny one...
but I think it must be Hal, Dewey 2nd, Reese 3rd (though sometimes his stupidity gets on your nerves). In the beginning of the show I would have said that Lois is the funniest one because she treated her boys like a drill sgt. but now she is involved in more dramatic scenes, which I still like (she is a great actress) but it isn't that over-the-top funny as it used to be.

:cool:

allison

As some people already said it depends on the episodes. I´d say Reese can be really funny. Though his stupidity sometimes is annoying it more often just cracks me up. :D I think he´s sometimes even funnier when he isn´t THAT stupid and just reacts to people´s behaviour. Like when Craig told him how great their date is and Reese went "Can we stop calling this a date?" And the look on his face when Craig started singing was just classic.
Malcolm can also be funny. Though he isn´t as funny as most other characters on the show (in my opinion) there were also some times when he really made me laugh.
Dewey used to be funny, but I don´t think he still is. When he was that little weirdo he really could be hilarious, but I can´t think of a funny line or thing he did since the beginning of the 5th season.
Hal can be really funny when he doesn´t go too crazy. When he really freaks out it gets a little annoying, but when he´s just a little crazy (like in Bowling) he can be hilarious.
Francis is hysterical when he battles his grandma. I love all the episodes where they are fighting. Francis and Ida is just the greatest combination ever.:D
Lois isn´t that funny. Without her the show wouldn´t be definitely the same, but Lois herself isn´t that funny in my opinion.

So I would say everyone is funny in his own way. But if I had to say one, I´d say Reese and Hal made me laugh the most.

MITM-Fan

The problem with Dewey is that he is becoming more and more robot-like. Considering to his age he still tries to be this "weirdo" but it isn't as funny as it used to be, that's right. Erik is becoming too old for his alter-ego Dewey.
He is acting very theatrical since he grew older.

allison

You´re right, that could be one reason why he isn´t that funny anymore. And the defintion "robot like" is pretty good, too. He doesn´t act like children his age do at all. He always appears so reasonable and serious. He used to be kind of serious when he was younger, too, but still he was funny. He was a real kid, his brothers could pick on him and tell him weird stories he believed. But now he has become too old and smart for these kind of things and the only thing which makes him special in a way is his talent for music. But that´s neither funny nor very interesting. :(

MITM-Fan

well it's a general problem of the show. The boys all are supposed to play younger characters than they are in real life. In the beginning it was no big deal, especially Frankie, he really looked much younger than he actually was. And even now everything is pretty plausible. But you have to consider that Erik is now at that age when Frankie started. And there is something which simply doesn't fit at all. The character of Malcolm was pretty believable but there is something about Dewey (although I like him much) that simply doesn't fit. Maybe it's the fact that he is getting more and more theatrical.
There are some discussions on Erik on other boards, that he can't act at all. That's absolutely NOT correct. He is just grown out of the character he is playing but that's the problem of the age the boys were given and not a fault of the actors. I think we're getting a little off-topic. :D but it's a serious and important thought.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
You are right, the way a character acts can be funnyor not funny also. On the Season 1 DVD, they state that Brain Cranston is very funny off set, like before a a scene, he would make everyone forget their lines by making them laugh.

But Dewey is too old to play a (???) 5-6 grader. He is 14, my age. In america, that is 8th grade. But maybe something magical will happen and he will take another I.Q. Test, he will be bumped up to 8th grade, skip 3-4(depending on his current grade)grades and be the shortest 8th grader on the show. That would help, but not solve the entire problem.

Malcoholic

In any given episode, Hal can seem like the funniest man that ever lived (or at least second to Curly of the Three Stooges! :rolleyes: ) because of Brian's masterful clowning. At times I don't find him funny, mostly when he gets lovey-dovey with Lois.
Reese I find always funny because Justin has a basically comical way of expressing Reese's twisted outlook on life. I find him funny even in situations where his brutality or callousness would normally be repellent.
Apparently people find Dewey either very funny or not funny at all; basically they either find the way he outsmarts his elders hilarious, or they find him annoyingly smug. He has become my least favorite because he has lost all satirical value. Satire has to be an exaggeration of real life, and Dewey has hardly anything in common with any real 12-year old boy. He is neither child nor adult; nothing about him is characteristically masculine or femenine.
As to Malcolm, I'm so dazzled by Frankie's brilliance as an actor that it doesn't matter much to me if he's funny. The way he can express several conflicting emotions simultaneously is fascinating regardless of whether it's funny or not.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I think it is quite possible that the writers want Dewey to be as weird as he is, and it has nothing to do with Erik. Just look at the way they have Dewey dress: shirts with every single button buttoned. Who does that? That's not up to Erik. That's the people behind the scenes.