Hollyoaks

Murph

Ugh...a Channel 4 soap opera...at least it had "Wee Tim" from Brookside for a while, didn't it?

Can't say it's a personal favourite of mine.

wando

Well, it is comming to america shortly but it is about 8 months behind the UK. Personally i dont watch it, i'm a boom operator on it.
But my band ILL Gotten Gains are playing on it soon (www.myspace.com/illgottengainsuk). The episode will air on August 6th on E4 at 7.00p.m, and on Channel 4 on the 7th at 6.30p.m.

Anyone else watch it??!?

Ryebeach

As a matter of fact, I have seen bits and pieces of the show. As I live in the US, what I've seen so far has been on You Tube. It did start on BBC America the first of June but you're right, it's quite a few months behind the current episodes.

Very cool that you work on the show and that your band will be appearing in an episode. :cool: So, does your band appear in The Loft, I think they call it? Or is it The Dog? Are they supposed to be separate gathering places/music venues?

I don't know a lot of specifics about the show but from what I gather from what I've seen the big storylines at the moment are the wedding of two of the McQueen's, the John-Paul/Craig relationship and the Who pushed Claire story. Right?

wando

yep, the loft is the local club, the dog in the pond is the local pub. We played in the SUBAR which is the student union for hollyoaks community college. i watched the episode that we will be featured in in the dub the other day and although were only featured for about 8 seconds in all, the music is there throughout a 2 minute, and 1 minute scene.

Ryebeach

yep, the loft is the local club, the dog in the pond is the local pub. We played in the SUBAR which is the student union for hollyoaks community college. i watched the episode that we will be featured in in the dub the other day and although were only featured for about 8 seconds in all, the music is there throughout a 2 minute, and 1 minute scene.

Cool, I'll be on the lookout for parts of that episode to show up on You Tube at some point. Good luck with your band in the future, wando. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Congratulations Chris! Even if it's only a few seconds, that's really neat that your band is going to be featured on TV.

Ryebeach

Just bumping this thread up with the reminder that Chris' (wando) band appears on tomorrow's E4 (Tuesday's C4) episode of Hollyoaks. For those of you in the UK, hope you can see it then. For the rest of us, I hope we'll catch it on YouTube. Good luck to you and your band, Chris! :)