Bryan Cranston on "Thank God You're Here"

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Bryan Cranston on "Thank God You're Here"

NBC Site

Wikipedia

Wikipedia said:
Thank God You're Here showcases the improvisational skills of a group of four actors each week, as they walk into a live sketch without having seen a script for it. The only clue the actors have as to the content of the sketch, and the role they will be playing within the sketch, is their costume.

Upon entering the sketch, the actors are greeted with "Thank God you're here!" from another actor in the sketch. Outside of the principal actor, all actors in the sketch have a script which they more or less follow, depending on the improvisations. Sketches have no set ending point - instead, they go on until the judge stops them with a loud "Ah-ooga!" sound.

At the end of the show, the judge chooses a winner from among the four actor contestants. The winner is awarded a trophy made of "hand-crafted heavy-duty plastic". Unlike the Australian version, no honorable or dishonorable mentions are chosen.

He is on the 1st episode of the series, but as is obvious from the show premise he wont be on other episodes as far as I know.

US people can watch it for free I think on the NBC Site for those who can't I've uploaded to Veoh.com HERE

Enjoy.

qwerty

Well it was certainly an interesting performance, if nothing else. Definitely a different character than that of Hal.

AlexTheMartian

I haven't watch this (due to the fact my forehead is about to slam down on my keyboard in sleepiness), but I have seen/read about some of Bryan's other recent roles, and I am now thinking, is Bryan Cranston purposely avoiding any role that casts him similar to "Hal"? I am starting to get the impression that he do not want to be typecasted with the role of Hal his entire career, which he might see as not letting his career expand further.

I actually think all MITM cast members should be continue stepping into different roles then the ones they played on the show, they are all very good actors and playing new or interesting roles will make great performances and show off their acting versatilities.

Tyno

Malcolm-France
Well, I don't think that a lot of actors wanna be stuck with a character they played on a tv show all their career, many tend to forget about the few years they spent on a TV show and try to hit the big screen... but I don't think that's what interrest MITM cast. Erik Per Sullivan stars on "Mo" as a sick teenager, and it seems to be a good independant movie ; Cranston will play the devil on the "Fallen" series...

Bryan Cranston's performance in Thank God Your Here was really good, he's naturally good at comedy, really, he was far the best. I mean, kissing all the people around him, that's really a rock star attitude, he was on his character! Seriously, Cranston is one of the best comedian nowadays, at least I think so.

You can see Bryan Cranston's performance on this show here : http://www.malcolm-france.com/news.php?id=160 (at the bottom of the page, there's two videos, click on the "voir" button)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I agree with you about how actors like to move on. They say that the worst thing that can happen to an actor is that they become so associated with a single character that they are always seen as that character and never able to play anyone else.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I agree with you about how actors like to move on. They say that the worst thing that can happen to an actor is that they become so associated with a single character that they are always seen as that character and never able to play anyone else.

Frankie will IMO always be known as Malcolm - first, which it probably not the best thing for his career.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
yardgames said:

Yeah, it would definitely be difficult, in particular for Jane and Frankie, being the overbearing mother and (quoting Yardgames) egocentric jerk Malcolm.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I really don't think that any of the MITM actors (or actress in Jane's case) have to worry about being typecast. I say this since, unfortunatly, MITM wasn't a very popular show (except for the first two years or so), so they don't have to worry about being particularly remembered for it.

RaposaNegra

Oh sorry, I didn't read it all =S

Thanks for uploading it! It was very funny! Bryan C. was really funny... a little bit gay but... funny lol

AND HE WON! He deserved it! ;)