Make an Episode Contest [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
It's time for another official contest from the MITMVC. This time, we challenge you to create your own "episode" by putting together clips from other episodes in an order that follows a clear plot and makes sense.

We are leaving this pretty open for you to do what you want. There is no set length for the episode--it can be as long or short as you want, but we recommend that it be at least 4-5 minutes.

Everyone who has Windows should have Windows Movie Maker on their computer. You will find it under Start > Programs > Accessories > Windows Movie Maker. It's very user friendly, but if you have questions you can pm me, or any other member who is familiar with the program.

You will not be able to upload your video to the forum, but you can sign up for a free account on www.youtube.com and upload it there. Just copy and paste the link back here for us.

You can enter as many videos as you want. At that time, we will post a public poll and members will vote on their favorite video. Rep points will be awarded to the winner.

We look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Good luck! :)

Competition Closed

Last edited by a moderator:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Make an Episode Contest

A couple of additional things: If you're not familiar with video editing, you may simply submit a script. But everything must be from episodes that actually aired. And if you'd rather not use YouTube, I will be happy to post the episodes on my webserver as well; PM me for more info.

As far as a prize, we'll feature your video on the homepage, give you a bunch of rep points, and if I can figure out how give you a @malcolminthemiddle.co.uk email address.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

This is awesome! :)
TO ANYONE MAKING A VIDEO: If you would like my services in helping with a script, just let me know and Ill help you out. :)
@Christina- If a video has to be at least 4-5 minutes, then it can't be as short as we would like. :D ;)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

I didn't say it had to be 4 minutes, I said we recommend something around that length or longer...since it's supposed to be an episode. But make it however long, or short, you want as Sam said.

Can I just clarify, is this a would be season 8 episode, i.e. do we assume the Wilkerson's are in the position that we left them in graduation? Or is it an episode that almost transcends seasons, a kind of generic mid season episode?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

That's an interesting question. The thing is, if all of our self-made episodes are "season 8", then we are limited to using season 6/7 clips(unless somehow the boys suffered something that made them younger again:D ). So, I think we should be able to use clips from any season of MITM. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I'm suing clips from a variety of seasons in my episode. I would think of this as an episode that takes place whenever you want, but probably ignores all measures of continuity. This is a lot harder than I imagined! :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

I thought about that...it'll be kinda wierd cause the boys might be different ages over the course of the one episode, but oh well. That's ok cause we'll all still get the idea. We wouldn't want to narrow ourselves to just season 6/7 cause that would really limit what we can do. It doesn't matter if the continuity is a little out of whack. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.