Emmy Awards Announced

PBUNDY

I don't know how many of you watched the Emmy Awards that were broadcasted tonight, but neither Jane or Bryan took home an Emmy.

Bryan lost to Jeremy Piven of Entourage.
Jane lost to Julia Louis-Dreyfus of The New Adventures of Old Christine.

I really thought this year that one of them would take home an Emmy. Both Jane and Bryan are fantastic actors and I wish they would've gotten the credit they deserve.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I agree, it's a shame that these great actors didn't get the credit that they deserve. Like I've said before, it seems to be more politics than who actually deserves the award the most. :( Hopefully, Bryan and Jane will eventually star in another show that merits their nomination for an award. Though I can't imagine any other show where there acting abilities can shine more than they did in MITM.

As a side note, I know that everyone is very upset with the results of the Emmy's, but lets keep the "expressive" language to a minimimum. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It's really really sad that they didn't win. The Emmys are so corrupted. How can they accurately judge a show on just one episode and how can they be sure that the judges only see that one episode? It's obvious they see more than one episode of the most popular shows that always win and that's why they always win. Perhaps if they saw more eps of MITM, they'd see the sheer brilliance of the show!

Murph

What the hell kind of shows beat them? God, reading that has pissed me off. If they lost to something like Everybody Hates Chris, which has a great mother and father in it, but what the hell kind of shows did they lose to?

AlexTheMartian

The New Adventures of Old Christine?? Julia Louis-Dreyfus is acting bad in that show, it annoys me to even watch, she acts like she is so dumb.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I will respect what Christina said about keeping "expressive" language to a minimum, but it's really hard for me to even talk about this without wanting to spew curse word after curse word.
So, simply put, last night's emmys were a load of sh..sorry...crap. So Jane and Bryan's final chance for winning emmys for MITM is gone forever.... I can't begin to describe how angry that makes me.

Murph

How do they decide these things? Did people actually vote for those piece of crap shows over MITM? And please tell me Everybody Hates Chris was nominated!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
No I don't believe it was. Arrested Development--MITM's traditional rival--got a few nominations, though.

Nico21

That's a bad new. Both Jane and Bryan deserved an emmy !

But I heard Cloris Leachman (who played Lois' mother Ida) got one, is this true ?