TV themes - favorite/least favorite

reese35

Since we have a thread on favorite TV shows, why not favorite TV show themes?
I think my favorites are as follows -
Malcolm in the Middle ("Boss of Me", classic) - note: I like the original better than the TV version.
Perfect Strangers ("Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now")
Moonlighting
Star Trek (original and animated)
Step by Step
Dallas
Knots Landing
E.R.
Casualty
Holby City
Neighbours
Home and Away
Dynasty
The Colbys
Angels (1980's)
City of Angels (2000)
Survivor
That '70s Show ("In the Street")
The O.C. ("California")
Guiding Light
The Young & the Restless (For a few years, starting in 2000, they had done another version with sax and electric guitar than today's and yesterday's version with piano and strings. I loved it).
The Bold and the Beautiful
Brookside
Chicago Hope
Quincy M.E.
Pasadena
Falcon Crest
The CSI Francise (Vegas | "Who Are You", Miami | "Won't Get Fooled Again", NY | "Baba O'Riley")
The Law & Order Francise (original, SVU, CI, Trial by Jury)
Desperate Housewives
Miami Vice
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Drake and Josh ("I Found a Way")
Family Matters ("As Days Go By")
Full House ("Everywhere You Look")
Quintuplets ("Suck or Shine")
Everwood
7th Heaven
Hannah Montana ("Best of Both Worlds")
and the list goes on...

Least Favorites
Lizzie McGuire and anything else that's PBS Kids material. :p

btw, if you want a copy of any themes, as I'm sure you wouldn't know some of these themes ;) , just PM me.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
You don't have many, do you? :D Interesting idea. It seems that many of the tv shows today just have music themes--as opposed to the 90's sitcoms that actually had theme songs with words. The MITM theme song rocks so that's definitely one of my favs. Another one that sticks out in my head is the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire theme. I used to have that one stuck in my head all the time. I remember the theme from that show Step by Step pretty well too. I didn't really like the show all the much, but the song sticks out in my mind. :D

glm1234

ive always got the zoey 101 theme tune in my head.anyone know where i can hear it,im addicted the mitm theme is really good aswell.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
FAVORITES:
MITM Theme(Boss of me!)
Sanford and Son theme(called "Street Beater")
Fresh Prince Theme
Good Times Theme
Seinfield Theme(that quirky music)
Batman Theme(the show with Adam West)
America's Most Wanted theme(I know, this is a weird one:D )

LEAST FAVORITES:
Brady Bunch theme(hate it!)
7th Heaven theme
Gilmore Girls theme(hate the song and show)
Full House theme(once again, hate the song and show:D )

Alfista Junior

Knots Landing. The music in the french credits is way too inspired.. Believe me, it's better than the original version... Look it up on the web.. You will probably find it.. it was called "Côte ouest" over here.

The Young and the Restless ("Les feux de l'amour"). Yep, one thing is great in that, the credits. I prefered, like you, the oldest version, the one Richard Clayderman made. He's french, although he's rather unknown in my country. He's a great pianist. One of the best ever.

Nobody mentioned Dawson. I like it, and you?

reese35

Alfista Junior said:
Knots Landing. The music in the french credits is way too inspired.. Believe me, it's better than the original version... Look it up on the web.. You will probably find it.. it was called "Côte ouest" over here.
Yeah, that Côte Ouest theme was catchy. You got it back in my head again! The theme's found here.
http://www.knotslanding.net/soundvideo/

You'll need RealPlayer to listen to it and/or view the clips, though... and info on the Y&R theme is found here.
http://lavender.fortunecity.com/indemnity/439/yr.html

I've never heard of most of these shows, but damn you wildcat for getting the Fresh Prince of Belaire theme tune stuck in my head.
In my oppinion, one of the best theme tunes is Sharky & George, alas no longer with us. I remember getting up at 7am just to listen to 'Sharky & George, crimebusters of the sea'

@reese35, when was Brookside ever on in Florida?! Could you understand the accents?

reese35

It was never on over here. But thanks to the World of Soap themes and TV-Ark, I got hooked on the theme tune. Matter-of-fact, I got a Malcolm custom credit reel with the Brookside theme under it.

Alfista Junior

I stronlgy remember music from those three tv shows:
K2000: I guess it was called "Knight 2000" or something like that..
The A-Team (L'Agence Tous Risques)
Baywatch: (Alerte à Malibu)

Actually these are the main american tv shows I used to watch when I was a kid..

Oh I forgot McGyver !

reese35

| Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-DAAAAAAA-DaDa-DAAAAAAAA... | :p

Oh, and what about those classic soap operas, like Another World? If any of you have been to YouTube, or about to go to YouTube, you'll see what I mean.;)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I stated in my other post in this thread I like the Good Times theme, but what are the words?! Especially that one verse: "Scratching and surviving, Good Times, (here's the part I don't get) han around a chop lin..." What is that verse?!
And another theme I didn't list was the little theme from the British show "Are you being served?", which is one of my favorite British sitcoms ever!:D
"Are you free, Mr.Humphries?" "Im freee, captain Peacock!" :D

reese35

tony_montana said:
I stated in my other post in this thread I like the Good Times theme, but what are the words?! Especially that one verse: "Scratching and surviving, Good Times, (here's the part I don't get) han around a chop lin..." What is that verse?!
| Scratchin and survivin (Good Times!) Hanging in a chow line... |
Thank God for closed captioning! ;) lol

@Tony, Are You Being Served is one of your favorite British sitcoms?? Have you ever seen any others? It's just innuendo (& poor innuendo at that), it seems a very odd program to like. How come you like it so much?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
@Deweyrules-I always found "Are you being Served?" to be hilarious! It's just it's funny in that odd way because of the premise(a staff managing a clothing department store). And the show had such great characters: Captain Peacock, Mr.Humphries, Mrs.Slocombe, Ms.Brahms(who was really hot:D ), etc...
Plus, back on topic now, I always like the show's quirky theme music.:)

Ms. Brahm's, you should see her now, she's about 60 and in a soap opera in England- certainly no longer cute lol. I just think all the comedy was based around the gay innuendo of Mr. Humpherys and Mrs. Slocombe referencing her pussy- just a bit weird