Is Steve Irwin a complete idiot?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
If you don't know who he is, Steve Irwin is the so called "crocodille hunter", who actually jumps in water with crocodilles just to be able to study them(?). I saw every(mostly dangerous) thing this man did, like messing with crocodilles and picking up the most poisionous snake alive, and I started to wonder: Is this guy an idiot or what?
Here's your chance to vote:
1)He's an idiot.
3)He's incredibly brave
4)He's incredibly brave AND an idiot
What does everyone think?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Personally, I think your hating everything is getting old. Maybe he likes it. This is probably coming out really mean and idiotic-sounding, but did you ever think he likes spending time with crocodiles and sharing that information with the world? And maybe Wheezer just enjoyed making the song--there doesn't have to be a meaning to everything. And maybe some of us actually enjoy movies we watch or simply don't watch the crappy ones. Does everything always have to be so negative? I'm sorry, but I swear to god you are the most negative and pessimistic person I know--and I don't even know you!! All Malcolm ever does is complain, and everyone hates him for it. And all I've seen you do is complain. And I'm sorry, but it's really starting to drive me crazy. For your information, I have very fond memories of being a little kid enjoying watching Steve Irwin with my father.

han_keep_smilin

I think that he is strange to want to nearly get himself killed and VERY brave i would not do that unless i got paid lots of money but i suppose he will be as he is on TV. i suppsoe it could be quite fun also of you were fond of that kind if thing:D

Is he that australian guy? i have seen him. he does a series called the crocodile hunter.:)

sorry but is there anything you do like? why not start a thread about something you like:)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I like him. Sure, he's a little eccentric, but he obviously knows what he's doing and likes it. I like watching him and Jeff Corwin cause I like snakes, lizards and all that stuff (I hate the spiders though.) I used to catch black snakes and green snakes all the time and bring them in my house just to freak out my family. :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
han_keep_smilin said:
I'm
sorry but is there anything you do like? why not start a thread about something you like:)
He already did. If I remember right, he started a thread about the Beatles and about Scarface for example.

Jimmy Junior

I think Steve Irwin's brand of 'hands-on' nature programmes are fresh and revolutionary; sure, he could sit back and watch animals though a long range lense, but could he give a sufficiently descriptive comentary to accompany the pictures?
Personally I don't think he is another Bill Oddie, but his way of picking up the animals and demonstrating what could happen if they are approached by humans is both educational and entertaining.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
yardgames said:
Personally, I think your hating everything is getting old. Maybe he likes it. This is probably coming out really mean and idiotic-sounding, but did you ever think he likes spending time with crocodiles and sharing that information with the world? And maybe Wheezer just enjoyed making the song--there doesn't have to be a meaning to everything. And maybe some of us actually enjoy movies we watch or simply don't watch the crappy ones. Does everything always have to be so negative? I'm sorry, but I swear to god you are the most negative and pessimistic person I know--and I don't even know you!! All Malcolm ever does is complain, and everyone hates him for it. And all I've seen you do is complain. And I'm sorry, but it's really starting to drive me crazy. For your information, I have very fond memories of being a little kid enjoying watching Steve Irwin with my father.

Now wait a minute. When did I say I hate/dislike Steve? Never. I just said I find him to be...well......"out there".:D And to tell you the truth, I like people who are "out there". Like I said, I kind of find him to be an idiot for wrangling with the most dangerous things on earth.
But sorry if Im driving you crazy. But I never said I disliked Steve.

samboo1

han_keep_smilin said:
sorry i have always thought when people called someone an idiot they did not like them. well its like that in england anyway:)
Nah, i dont think it is. It isnt in my view anyway.;)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
han_keep_smilin said:
sorry i have always thought when people called someone an idiot they did not like them. well its like that in england anyway:)

When I see someone funny(a comedian like Dave Chappelle for instance) I will sometimes see the things they do, laugh, and say,"Man, that guy is an idiot!" I don't mean it in a disliking way. Like Mr.Irwin. I like watching his show, but I find him kind of an idiot for messing with these very dangerous animals.
Oh and yardgames, you may find this funny, but my dad likes Croc Hunter just like your dad!:D

simon_4420

I think that the guy is a LEGEND!:D His crazy antics are what pulled in all the viewers. People loved the fact that what he was doing was basically dicing with death. I loved watch him on TV. One of my favourite moments was watching him playing with spitting cobra's and then after a few minutes he thought that it would be wise to put on some eye protection....( You think!!! lol). Most other animal show presenters won't have gone near them before putting some protection on them.