Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Connect with Facebook

Go Back   Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community > News & Announcements > News & Announcements

Old Feb 13, 2008, 07:31 PM   #1
PBUNDY

Default Bryan joins the Love Ranch

This was posted on Bryan's website today:

It looks like I am back to Albuquerque! Although season one of Breaking Bad is wrapped (also filmed in Albuquerque), I have been cast as the corrupt Senator in the new Taylor Hackford project Love Ranch. Based on real events, Love Ranch is a drama centered around a married couple who open the first legal brothel in Nevada.

Source: www.bryancranston.com
PBUNDY is offline   Reply With Quote
1 Thanks From:
Richiepiep (May 2, 2010)
Old Feb 13, 2008, 07:51 PM   #2
Ryebeach

Thanks for this news, PBUNDY! I do believe this film also stars Helen Mirren and Joe Pesci as the married couple who open the brothel.
Ryebeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 04:51 PM   #3
yardgames
Retired Administrator

Thanks for sharing, Pbundy. I'll move it to the News section. Who here is supposed to be the News person? Because I'll let you handle Wordpress; I'm not really sure how TJ has thing set up in that dept. and I don't wanna risk screwing something up if someone else here actually knows what they're doing.

It's good to see Bryan moving on to so many different and eclectic roles since MITM. Of course sometimes it seems more like Hal's playing all these different parts than Bryan.
yardgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 05:58 PM   #4
tjpeople
Site Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to tjpeople Send a message via AIM to tjpeople Send a message via MSN to tjpeople Send a message via Yahoo to tjpeople Send a message via Skype™ to tjpeople

Here is fine. I'll sort other things out later.

tjpeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 09:29 AM   #5
tjpeople
Site Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to tjpeople Send a message via AIM to tjpeople Send a message via MSN to tjpeople Send a message via Yahoo to tjpeople Send a message via Skype™ to tjpeople
Default Bryan Cranston Co-Star in 'Love Ranch'

At the start of the year Bryan Cranston signed on to co-star in Taylor Hackford's new film, Love Ranch which has now been filmed and is in post production. They are currently looking for a studio to pick up the film.

Based on real events, Love Ranch is a drama centered around a married couple who open the first legal brothel in Nevada. Bryan is playing a corrupt Senator along side Helen Mirren and Joe Pesci.

Little other information so far but we'll keep you updated.

Thanks to PBUNDY | Source: movieweb.com & IMDB
tjpeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 09:08 PM   #6
Ryebeach

After a long legal battle between the filmmakers and financiers, Love Ranch has finally secured a US distributor (E1 Entertainment) and a release date although the exact release date has yet to be officially announced. The director says "July 4th weekend" while the the Hollywood Reporter says June. Either way, at least we know the film will be released theatrically (albeit on a limited scale) this summer.

Sources: Reuters and TheWrap

Last edited by Ryebeach; May 1, 2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old May 2, 2010, 08:32 AM   #7
Richiepiep
Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpeople View Post
Based on real events, Love Ranch is a drama centered around a married couple who open the first legal brothel in Nevada. Bryan is playing a corrupt Senator along side Helen Mirren and Joe Pesci.
Great news! I love Helen Mirren and Joe Pesci! Bryan will find himself in great acting company!

Rich

P.S. I'm watching Bryan on David Letterman today, a repeat of his March 24th appearance. I guess we all missed that!

As expected, he was great fun to watch again! It's a piece of wonderful timing and acting in itself, I think mimicking David's own deadpan style more than a bit!

It's already on YouTube of course, though not complete (*):

(*) P.S. Well, though it looks a bit dodgy, this was pretty much all there was. After it, Letterman just said, like, 'Bryan Cranston's on Breaking Bad, great to have you on our show'.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Rich

Last edited by Richiepiep; May 17, 2010 at 06:28 PM.
Richiepiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010, 12:13 AM   #8
Ryebeach

The trailer for Love Ranch has been released. At first watch, I didn't notice Bryan in the trailer but I could have missed him as I didn't watch too closely. I'm not a fan of Joe Pesci but the film looks okay and Helen Mirren always seems to elevate the material for any movie she's in so I'll probably watch it on DVD.

The film opens in limited release next month.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/i...ent/loveranch/
1 Thanks From:
tjpeople (May 23, 2010)