Chris Masterson's 'Impulse' Now Available on iTunes

PeterU

Super Moderator
Front Page Post

We reported back in January and July of 2010 on Impulse, a pre-apocalyptic short film starring Chris Masterson (Francis) as the protagonist, David. After making its debut at the LA Shorts Fest in July 2010, the short is now available for download on iTunes.

You can view the Trailer below, or on YouTube.

Watch the video on the Front Page Post

Today iTunes® releases 'Impulse', a short film about the end of the world starring Chris Masterson from FOX's hit show 'Malcolm in the Middle'. The film, which is downloadable for $1.99, follows a man who sets off on a perilous journey with only 30 minutes before the end of the world.

'Impulse' debuted at the LA Shorts Fest before a panel of judges headed by producer Paula Wagner ('War of the Worlds', 'Mission: Impossible III'?). The film was later invited to the Sofia Independent Film Festival in Bulgaria for its international premiere, where it played alongside an exclusive selection of films including the Coen Brothers? 'A Serious Man' and the Oscar®-winning films 'The New Tenants' and Best Picture Winner 'The Hurt Locker'.

'Impulse' is simultaneously airing on video-on-demand and ShortsHD, a channel which was recently launched to 40 million homes worldwide on DirecTV. ShortsHD is also available on Dish Network and AT&T U-verse. Programming schedules are available at www.shorts.tv.

Young filmmakers Scott Beck & Bryan Woods, who are currently writing and directing a scripted pilot for MTV, directed the large-scale production in their home state of Iowa. Production was rounded out with services by world-class companies Skywalker Sound and Company 3. Beck & Woods' banner Bluebox Limited Films produced the film, alongside Christy Sullivan and Darren Brandl, who most recently produced 'The Man Who Shook the Hand of Vicente Fernandez' with Academy Award-winner Ernest Borgnine ('The Wild Bunch', 'Marty').

Download 'Impulse' on iTunes 'Impulse' is available on the iTunes store at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/impulse/id471759954.

About 'Impulse' and Bluebox Limited Films More information about 'Impulse' and Bluebox Limited Films can be found at www.blueboxlimited.com/impulse/.

You can also check out a short 'Making Of' below, or on YouTube.

Watch the video on the Front Page Post

You can buy Impulse on the iTunes Store for $1.99.

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Just watched it, £1.99 in HD. Great short, gripping, scary, left me wanting more.

Miblio

The trailer and especially the 'making of' video have gotten me really interested in this! ...too bad I don't have iTunes right now, but I look forward to seeing this, some day. :cool: