Motivational Seminar

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
KB said:
I have noticed that a lot of the peripheral sets have been very simple and under-decorated--Ida's senior center and the Motivational Seminar room, for instance.
I don't know about the senior center, but I think the room for the Motivational Seminar was pretty accurate. Those things are usually held in conference rooms in hotels. They don't usually have much in them.

Emrysgirl

I heard Michael Tolcher on the Radio recently:

Your a superstar out of isolation
Get the keys
It's your turn to drive

It reminded me of the Hal/Jamie exchange and the car at the top of the mountain:D:D.

W

we_dye

There is one thing that nobody else has considered yet; the criminal negligence of Dewey's tattoo artist. A recent post by Funky Skunky has got me thinking.

If that tattoo artist had actually created that "Lois is my mother" work accross Dewey's chest, he/she would be culpable on many counts. These include:
- Child endagerment
- Dangerous assault against a child, resulting in serious and potentially long term injuries.
- Inappropriate behaviour and coercion whilst alone in the presence of a minor without clothing.
- Making money out of minor in an unscrupulous way in the knowing that his "customer" is not legally responsible to make financial decisions.
- Extortion
- Failing to take a child to hospital for urgent medical attention - Dewey says he passed out before the drop shadow was completed. If so, then an ambulance should have been called out. The police too, to arrest the dodgy tattoo artist.
- Failure to notify a parent / guardian / other responsibile adult of Dewey's intentions dor having this tattoo.

Of course, in "borderline" circumstances when minors falsly claim to be eighteen (possibly 21 in USA) in order to get a tattoo, but are really just under this age, then the partial responsibility lies with the individual and not the artist. However, Dewey doesn't look a day over 13. He is clearly no where near the requisite age, and the tattoo artist would be knowingly committing a criminal offence the moment he reached for his tattoo equipment. He should have said no and called Dewey's parents immediately.

Lois, Hal and indeed Dewey would therefore have an immense entitlement for compensation. They wouldn't even need a good lawyer - even Hal could represent his own case and be successful before a judge and jury in this situation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1693

I was thinking about that recently, also. In 'Boys at Ranch', Dewey may (or may not) have convinced the ATV lease guy that he was just a deformed 16 year old or something. He might have relayed the same lie to the tattooist. And in addition to those charges against the family you mentioned, they would have to spend thousands to remove the tattoo with a laser, which the family evidently can't afford (plus, the thing would have to heal first). There's another story hole... Unless they left the text on his chest, lol. But I'm pretty sure Dewey does not appear topless in any episodes after Motivational Seminar. Or does he?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
There is one thing that nobody else has considered yet; the criminal negligence of Dewey's tattoo artist. A recent post by Funky Skunky has got me thinking.

If that tattoo artist had actually created that "Lois is my mother" work accross Dewey's chest, he/she would be culpable on many counts. These include:
- Child endagerment
- Dangerous assault against a child, resulting in serious and potentially long term injuries.
- Inappropriate behaviour and coercion whilst alone in the presence of a minor without clothing.
- Making money out of minor in an unscrupulous way in the knowing that his "customer" is not legally responsible to make financial decisions.
- Extortion
- Failing to take a child to hospital for urgent medical attention - Dewey says he passed out before the drop shadow was completed. If so, then an ambulance should have been called out. The police too, to arrest the dodgy tattoo artist.
- Failure to notify a parent / guardian / other responsibile adult of Dewey's intentions dor having this tattoo.

Of course, in "borderline" circumstances when minors falsly claim to be eighteen (possibly 21 in USA) in order to get a tattoo, but are really just under this age, then the partial responsibility lies with the individual and not the artist. However, Dewey doesn't look a day over 13. He is clearly no where near the requisite age, and the tattoo artist would be knowingly committing a criminal offence the moment he reached for his tattoo equipment. He should have said no and called Dewey's parents immediately.

Lois, Hal and indeed Dewey would therefore have an immense entitlement for compensation. They wouldn't even need a good lawyer - even Hal could represent his own case and be successful before a judge and jury in this situation.
It's an interesting concept and you have some good points but I would point out there are no federal minimum-age tattoo laws in the United States. It's possible some individual states have laws like that but frankly there's lots of teenagers with tattoos so Dewey's case isn't really that strange.

I was thinking about that recently, also. In 'Boys at Ranch', Dewey may (or may not) have convinced the ATV lease guy that he was just a deformed 16 year old or something. He might have relayed the same lie to the tattooist. And in addition to those charges against the family you mentioned, they would have to spend thousands to remove the tattoo with a laser, which the family evidently can't afford (plus, the thing would have to heal first). There's another story hole... Unless they left the text on his chest, lol. But I'm pretty sure Dewey does not appear topless in any episodes after Motivational Seminar. Or does he?
He was shirtless in Buseys Take a Hostage and, I believe, Burning Man. Perhaps we could believe it to be a temporary tattoo. After all, Lois assumes it's permanent but we're never told for sure.

Last edited: