Malcolm has been cancelled !

admin

Retired Administrator
theblinddevil said:
Ah, i'm glad the site will still be up. I would love to donate but "poor student" is exactly me. I guess i can help by clicking the ads... after unblocking them :D

Hey you removed them from the forums atleast. I think you should put google ads on (didn't you have those before?)

We don't currently use google ads, its a mixture of hype council ads, which are the beautiful people/scrubs type campaigns and AdBrite ads found on the main VC. This are much better than Google as they produce more income per click.

simon_4420

I was justing thinking that as everyone has said some great things about the show and its cast, wouldn't it be kind of cool if we could pass it onto them. We could do a card in the same way as we have with Justin's B'day. Except that we all do a short message that thanks each cast member ( I was thinking of just the main 6 characters excluding Jamie). It could be a card per charactor, or just one big one for everyone, full of our sig's on behalf of the MITMVC. It/ they could be sent out after the 150th episode airs on 14th May. What does everyone else think?

I personally think it would be hard, but worth it, as there are plenty of members from the main VC aswell as from the forum that might be interested.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Good idea Simon, maybe we could make a video or something as well a sorta video card cuase 1. it would be easier to send, and 2 wouldnt cost alot to porduce. 3 it would be easy to the share the final thing with the forums.

simon_4420

tjpeople said:
Good idea Simon, maybe we could make a video or something as well a sorta video card cuase 1. it would be easier to send, and 2 wouldnt cost alot to porduce. 3 it would be easy to the share the final thing with the forums.

Great idea TJ, what ideas does every else have as a way to thank the cast for their hard work in keeping us entertained??:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
The only thing with a video card is we're then saying, "Look! We illegally used your copyrighted work! Thanks!" It's a good idea, indeed, Simon.

osoq

Very sad news indeed allthough it came at an appropriate time. Seven seasons is ALOT of seasons, for one thing, and it's a pretty safe bet it will continue to run in syndication on other channels (and hopefully still at FOX's 12am and 1am timeslots :) )

But here's a cheers to MITM and the good it has done us. From the very first line of the first episode of the very first season through good moments, some low points, but we know it will end on a very high note! CHEERS!

--

And of course the news came just when I decided to rejoin the board.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
osoq said:
And of course the news came just when I decided to rejoin the board.

That's okay, osoq. If you go back a couple pages, you'll see that we plan on still being here long after MITM is over. :)

Originally Posted by yardgames
Doctors can say your father is dying in six months, but when he dies, it's still going to be hard to manage, and I think that's what we're experiencing right now.

Well, that's just depressing. It already seems like someone has died every time I see MITM 2001-2006. It's like a tombstone. :(

simon_4420 said:
I was justing thinking that as everyone has said some great things about the show and its cast, wouldn't it be kind of cool if we could pass it onto them. We could do a card in the same way as we have with Justin's B'day. Except that we all do a short message that thanks each cast member ( I was thinking of just the main 6 characters excluding Jamie). It could be a card per charactor, or just one big one for everyone, full of our sig's on behalf of the MITMVC. It/ they could be sent out after the 150th episode airs on 14th May. What does everyone else think?

Nice Idea, Simon. I think that we should try to do that. We would probalby want to send it out before May 14th because by then filming will be long over so the set will be gone. We have a good 2-3 months to pull it together if you all want to do it.

reese35

I created a banner for the occasion. I wanted to try it out on you guys first before using that as my sig come May.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Man, where do you find the time to do this? :) And you used one of your logos. :) It's great, really is. Why not add a few more rows and have a picture of each actor from each season?

phatcorns

This is absolutely a good thing. Just look at what the Simpsons has become. It has ten more seasons than Malcolm, but guess what? Only the first 8 are good!

So don't fret, there will be lots more good shows like this. We just gotta enjoy the 7 we got. DVD's will come soon enough too, I'm sure.

Malcoholic

Wildcat said:
We have a good 2-3 months to pull it together if you all want to do it.
I wonder if we even have that long. Over on Justin Berfield's official message board, Justin posted a message on January 4 saying they had just six episodes left to shoot. I think they average about one episode per week; so, unless someone has more specific information, I don't think we should assume that the cast and crew are going to be together much longer than another month or so. I think the idea of sending something is great--at least, it would make us feel better! What I wonder about is how to make sure whatever we send gets into the right hands.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, we send it to the same place I sent Justin's birthday card, which is right to the Malcolm in the Middle set. But instead of addressing it to Justin, we address it to The Malcolm in the Middle Cast. I'll make a thread if you guys wanna submit your sigs (again) and we can work through how we want to create this, unless someone has an idea better than a card.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Sorry, taken care of now. When it shows up for you you don't always realize it says "Pending Approval." You just look at it. :D

osoq

Wildcat said:
That's okay, osoq. If you go back a couple pages, you'll see that we plan on still being here long after MITM is over. :)

Yup I know it's just that we're not going to be able to discuss new episodes or anything of that sort any more. All though there WILL be lots of other things to talk about, it's now been one of my favorite things about MitM episodes...to discuss them here!