Farewell to the Cast and Crew of MITM Discussion

yardgames

Retired Administrator
With just six episodes left to shoot, there's very little time left for the Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community to send a token of appreciation to the cast members of the show before they dismantle forever.

If anyone has any other ideas than a card, here and now would be the place to share them.

Otherwise, once again it's time to break out the scanners and digital cameras and upload your signatures. :D Christina already volunteered to send in our next card.

So feel free to share your ideas, suggestions, etc. Whether it's for the card or something more creative, give us your ideas!

Re: Farewell to the Cast and Crew of Malcolm in the Middle

I think we should have one day when the last MitM episode comes, that day should be like a big party in the MitMVC. Everyone shall have fun to take their minds off what's going to happen.

I think a card is a very good idea though because it's easy to do and it sends a great message to everyone that it concerns, maybe they'll even write back.

We could write a long letter, that's another idea!!

I will think of more ideas soon, i promise!!

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator

Yeah, we should definitely send the cast something, I mean they've really done an amazing job over the last couple of years. I don't have any other idea than another card so far, but i'll keep on thinking about it...:)

han_keep_smilin

Dont forget the dircector and people they have worked gust as hard and aslo dont forget the creator!!! withiout him/her there would be NO MITM!!!!!

yardgames

Retired Administrator

That's true indeed. We can address it to everyone. Although I'm not sure Linwood would get it since he's not at MITM anymore. But we're probably getting ahead of ourselves. Let's see if we can think of anything other than a card this weekend, otherwise go with the card and start working out the specifics for that next week.

simon_4420

I think that we would be able to send it after the shows finishes on the May 14th, as I'm sure that the fan mail address would still be open. They might not get them until later, but I'm sure that they would all still be accepting fan mail for alittle while after the show ends?

On a different note, can we get some of the other members from the mainVC to get involved in signing a card (or what ever we deside)? As alot of them don't come onto the forum, so they won't know about our idea of making a card (or what ever) for the cast, as we might get alot more interest, plus I'm sure they might be interested??

yardgames

Retired Administrator

You would probably have to ask David but once we get organized and figure out what it is we want to do, he could probably cook up something.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

We could put Mike's poster-sig-thing on it. His big checkerboard thing with the pictures of them from a whole bunch of seasons. :D Yeah, so you know what I mean....:)

Wemboy

Yeh i like the idea of the checkerboard design. It's a neat trick to have the progression from the early pictures to the later ones. I think a card's probably the best idea, it's an easy way for everyone to get their own individual message to the cast.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

I think the card would be the best thing. I doubt they would actually take time to sit down and watch a video. Remember though, we can't have too much on it. If we end up doing poster board again, we're pretty limited on the size of envelopes. Sam had a hard time finding one big enough for Justin's (then he still ended up having to reduce the size a little to make it fit.)

reese35

If we are doing a card, consider this your first entry.

It’s been nice to have the pleasure to have you guys in our homes for these 6 years. I’d expect an extra season, but c’est la vie. I’d like to give a special shout out to each cast member. To you, Jane, for making Lois such a bad-ass hard-ass; to you, Bryan, for not just creating a silly, yet caring father, but directing great episodes of this series; to you Chris, for turning a bad troublemaker into a man more responsible than we expected; to you, Justin, for bunching a neat bully, a GD jackass, and a caring soul into one package; to you, Erik, for taking Dewey from the curiosities of childhood into the wonders of manipulation (!) and girls; to you, Frankie, for making Malcolm the on-camera driving force, talking to us, making us feel like your best friend; to the entire crew for creating these situations and covering them with a certain level of tolerance and comedy; and especially, to Linwood Boomer, without whom, we wouldn’t have enjoyed these last seven seasons. I hope you will achieve in your future endeavors. I’m sure the entire team at the Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community will join me in saying, thanks for 7 glorious seasons of humor, dysfunction, and pure entertainment. God be with you all.

Kindest regards, Mike P. (reese35
Orlando, FL, USA

P.S. News Corp, if you’re reading this, the minute Malcolm gets on FX, I want it all uncut! You hear me? Un-flipping-cut!

I know neither FX nor News Corp will read this, but I just wanna make myself heard.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Nice, Mike! :)

I have an idea. Since people are probably going to write their messages a little longer than they were on Justin's card, how about making it a booklet rathar than a card? We could take several pieces of poster board and cut them in pieces (about the size of a standard photo album) and make each piece a separate page. It could be the MITM memory album compiled by members of the MITMVC. :D

On the front we would have a nice design, then on the inside we would include all of our sigs/messages. In addition, we could put some of our favorite memories from MITM. These would be things like a few favorite quote and pictures from each season (like 1 quote and pic per page, then put people's sigs/messages around them--think in terms of a scrapbook.) Everyone could submit some of their fav quotes/pic, then we could vote on which ones to actually include. We might also want to include artwork from members of the forum to decorate the pages--maybe forum sigs people have made themselves (or some other type of MITM related artword that members made) since we have so many creative people here.

By making it a booklet, we could use as many pages as we need to fit all this stuff in, then just bind them together in some way. That doesn't mean that people should write 3-4 page messages--I'm not paying to ship a novel! :D But something like what Mike wrote (No more than a paragraph--depending on the size of your writing.) What do you all think?

reese35

Well, if we’re gonna do a booklet, allow me to submit a possible cover.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

That's a very good idea Christina. Allow me to put in my two pence: what if we made it 8.5 x 11 rather than photo album size? Then you could put it together in Word or Publisher or something, and just print it out on normal size paper and it put it in a normal manilla envelope. And when I say "you," I mean you because you're shipping it this time, right?

We could let people decorate their own pages, since people here are so artsy. :D

@Mike I still like your checkerboard better because that has pictures of when the boys were young'uns all the way up to right this year. That was, what, a season 2 pic? And it doesn't even include Lois. :(

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Wildcat said:
That doesn't mean that people should write 3-4 page messages--I'm not paying to ship a novel!

yardgames said:
And when I say "you," I mean you because you're shipping it this time, right?

Not paying attention again, Sam. :D And yes, I just quoted myself. ;)

That's a good idea too. It would certainly be a lot easier and probably less costly to ship. We could just let everybody submit 1 standard sized sheet of paper and they could put whatever they want on it. Then I'll put them all together and ship them. Probably the easiest way, but it wouldn't be as flashy. It doesn't matter to me so lets see what everybody else has to say.

@Mike--I like the one in the news and announcements section the best (the last one with the season one photos.) I think that one would make a good cover. Are you missing one of the seasons though? There's only 6 rows.

reese35

OK. I'll make the checkerboard cover bigger, add the 'childhood stopping point' byline and eliminate my name.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Okay, I've got it now! :D We'll let everyone create their own page--1 page per person. They can put whatever they want on it (within good judgement, of course.) People who don't want to create an entire page can just submit their sig (or whatever) and I'll put those on page(s) together. Then I'll glue the pages to pieces of posterboard (maybe a few different colors for variety) that are cut slightly larger than the printed pages to give it the appearance that each page has a frame around it. This will also make it sturdier and more book-like, rather than just having flimsy sheets of paper bound together. How does that sound? If you all like this idea, I will start a thread tomorrow with all the details and specifics so people can start working on and uploading their pages/sigs ASAP.

We need to decide on a date to send this. If they will only be there for six more weeks or so, I guess around mid-February?

@Mike--I think it would make a nice cover, but it's a little premature to say that we're definetly going to use it just yet since this thread was only started today. To be fair to everyone, we're going to wait to see if anyone else comes up with designs before making the final decision. :)
Also, I'm not sure about the byline "Is this where childhood ends, or did we pass that long ago?" I like the reference to Malcolm's line in the pilot, but then again, to me it almost sounds like we're saying the show should've ended a couple years ago (I know that's not what you meant though.) :D Maybe just say "This is the point where childhood ends." instead? Just a suggestion. :)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

I'm just warning you, I'm not very good with artsy-crafty stuff. I can march a stright line, curve a line, and pinwheel, but I can't glue and color.

Ha! I bet you can't explain 'pinwheel' to me. It's a mystery...

Ok, I've stopped gloating to finish this post. But I'll try art and crafts.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

@Wildcat I'm glad you're so on top of everything. You make it all perfect--from now on you should be the mod in charge of all contests, events, and publicity. :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Sorry, I get all excited when it comes to artsy/craftsy projects. :) So shall I make a new thread with all the info about what we're doing, or wait to see if anyone else comes up with something better? We should decide on a tentative date to send so people know how much time they have.