I have a question about Craig

vinnymonster

I've been wondering this for quite a while now, but I need to know, or at least I need to ask the opinions of others.

Craig Feldspar, is it just me, or does his personality bear a terrible resemblance to comic Book Guy from The Simpsons?

Thinking about it logically, theyre both parodies of real life people, we have all met someone similar, but to me, Craig and Comic Book Guy are so similar, if they met, they'd explode!

What's everyone else's take on this?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
To tell you the truth, I do think they resemble each other a little. Both are 1)geeks 2)comic book know-it-alls 3)both are "dragon masters" But I do notice differances also. The comic book guy from Simpsons is a snob and kind of an asshole, while Craig is all around a good hearted guy ready to help out the Wilkersons when they need him. If you compare them, I think Craig is alot cooler:D .

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Craig is fickle. He changes his mind about things a lot to, like in te ep where Hal is looking for a comic book for Malcolm's birthday. Craig refusess and offers help multiple times each.

simon_4420

Craig is soooo funny!

He makes me laugh everytime he is in an episode. My favourite craig moment has to be when he thinks Lois has finally realised she loves him and tell her that they should run away together and there is no need to pack as he has cloths for her in the trunk of his car.. lol

Think it's from Standee..

But yes your are right, I think he does remind me of the crazy comic shop man in the Simpsons, they are kind of the same.

Malcoholic

Actually, there was a dead ringer for the Simpson's Comic Book Guy in "Forwards/Backwards": the sales clerk in the "Middle Earth" comic book store, who had that same snooty attitude about "collectable" comic books: "Sir [he tells Hal] The Middle Earth is for a clientele sophisticated enough to appreciate cinematic drawing and non-linear story telling." The only difference is this guy was skinny. Craig did remind me a lot of the Simpsons' guy in "Malcolm vs Reese," when he phoned in from a comic book convention dressed up in some action-hero costume--Craig was super-fat that season, so he looked riotously funny in that scene. The Simpsons' guy dressed up like that in at least one episode, the one where he dueled Principal Skinner (who was dressed up as Cat Woman!).

vinnymonster

yardgames said:
Well, that ages you a bit considering most of us are teenagers. :D

Yup, I'm no spring chicken anymore, ya goldurn whippersnapper :D

almost 42 chronologically, more like 17 psychologically, but then again MITM appeals to all age groups :D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Philosophically, we are only 7 years old at the oldest, our cells only live 7 years before they die and new cells replace us. :D

vinnymonster

J. said:
Philosophically, we are only 7 years old at the oldest, our cells only live 7 years before they die and new cells replace us. :D

You could go further than that, from what I read, according to quantum physics, we are constantly exchanging matter and energy with the surrounding environment on a sub atomic level, so in one sense, we really only existas ideas of self. Hey! Whats this got to do with Craig???