Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

Default Arrested Development

Has anyone else watched this show?

Its very very funny. Its shot like a documentary, one camera.

http://www.fox.com/arresteddev/

Retired Administrator yardgames's Avatar

Default Re: Arrested Development

The Ultimate Irony: The critics love it and the audience hates it. Great show, although I seldom watch it anymore, I enjoyed when it was on before and after MITM.

The audiences dont hate it, its just they dont really know about it. Its in a bad timeslot to coincide with Monday Night Football.

It hasn't always coincided with MNF. I think the problem isn't that the audience doesn't know about it--rather they don't understand it! I missed one ep last year, for example, and suddenly Buster had a hook for a hand! Explain how that works out.

It's sort of an unwritten rule that MITM fans aren't AD fans and vice versa.

Minimalistic

In UK it airs on BBC Four. I have only seen one episode - didn't really understand what was happening, but in this particular episode there was a recurring innuendo about the song "Afternoon Delight" which related to the plot. This was rather funny as it gave alternative perspective about what this means. However despite this, I doubt I would watch again unless it was the first episode...it's kind of been on too long now to play "catch up" and relate to the characters and scenario properly.

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    It's sort of an unwritten rule that MITM fans aren't AD fans and vice versa.
    Just wondering, where did you get that from ?

I haven't seen enough of the series to make a decision. I either love it or am bored by it.

It has a very random style that's very easy to screw up. Randomness is awesome! But, when something is random, it risks being so random that it's absurd, uninteresting and confusing. I think that's what happened with the Buseys in MitM.
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by MITM18
    Just wondering, where did you get that from ?
    You know, I quite honestly don't remember.

I liked Arrested Development and I dare say it has the best cast on TV at this time. They all play each other seamlessly and are always laugh out loud funny although I stopped watching after its timeslot changed from airing after MITM. I thought they were great companion shows. I watch too many shows as it is and this one, sadly, just didn't make the cut for my TV schedule.

Default Re: Frankie Muniz Going To Appear On Arrested Development

AD is hilarious. They had Andy Richter on last year as himself so I'm sure they'll be at the movie studio again. I don't think you have to watch it all from the first episode. The running jokes can still be laughed upon and the Narrator pretty much fills you up on anything plot-related. As for the audience, Two characters are teenagers and one character is like 70. It reaches a very broad audience.

P.S. Andy Richter's appearance was hysterical. He dropped a sandwich, got mad, and kicked it. LMAO.