Krelboynes vs Buseys

Amigo22

Super Moderator
After watching Krelboyne Picnic yesterday, it seems that the writers had the ideas for the Busey class from the beginning but were unsure as to whether they would use it yet, instead incorporating the ideas into the Krelboyne class plots.

An example is Stevie - overprotective parents, bedtime before the sun goes down, sharp objects are forbidden and locked away. This is not what you would expect for a kid in a smart class.

What do you guys think?

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Another thing is in the Carnival episode, the way they were reluctant about letting Stevie sleep over at Malcolm's house. We have seen him on several occasions over there during the day, and if they are ok with him doing that, why would they be reluctant to let him spend the night there?

But, in a later season (4 I think?) he stays with the Wilkersons while his parents are away, so either they somehow changed their attitude about it, or else it is another mistake by the writers.

True Amigo22, you have a good point.
In Malcolm in the Middle i know who the Buseys are but what exactly is a Busey? Is it just a made up word like krelboyne? I think Linwood Boomer is a total genius!!

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I remember reading somewhere that the name Krelboyne came from somewhere. Busey is probably made up.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Yea krelboynes doid come from somewhere, it was eiher a person name or its actually used in schools? i m sure i read something. :S

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
It is, samboo is right. It was made way back in the 1960's. Krelyborne was the geeky main characer or something.

As for Busey, There is an actor whose last name is Busey, he was on the Simpsons once, but his first name escapes me at this early in the morning(for me). I think it's Frank Busey.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I just searched Busey at IMDB.com and it came up with Gary and Jake Busey (father and son), both of whom have a long list of shows/movies, and also Andrew, Marc and Rebecca, each of whom only have one title.

I then went to the Simpsons section of TV.com to have a look at the cast list. It didn't have anyone with the last name Busey listed, but it 3rd from the top is Jane Kaczmarek, as the voice of Judge Constance Harm.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Not just with Stevie--Dabney's mom was the same way. Remember the episode where she freaked because he wanted to play paintball? Lois is probably the only Krelboyne mom who didn't constantly make a fuss over every single thing her son did. For some reason, I think it's normal for kids who do well in school to have parents who are really involved--sometimes to the point of being too overprotective. I did well in school and my parents were always bugging me about where I was going, who I was going with etc. Not as bad as Stevie and Dabney's parents though. :) You'd think that getting good grades would convince them to give you a little credit! :rolleyes:

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Oh yeah, Dabney is another example - I hadn't thought of him while I was writing the first post, as I was running out of time. But I remember that ep.

Malcoholic

The Busey in question is the actor Gary Busey, who had a successful film career until he developed a serious cocaine addiction. During his troubled years, his erratic behavior became something of a sensation in the gossip press. That's why the "special class" in Malcolm was nicknamed the Buseys.

twistedimagev2

The Busey in question is the actor Gary Busey, who had a successful film career until he developed a serious cocaine addiction. During his troubled years, his erratic behavior became something of a sensation in the gossip press. That's why the "special class" in Malcolm was nicknamed the Buseys.

I think you are right, my immediate assumption was Gary Busey as well. I don't know personally about his history of drug addiction, (although I'm sure that's all true) but let's not leave out the fact that he was in a terrible motorcycle accident and suffered severe head trauma that drastically changed him. (into a crazy person)