Bryan Cranston down for a Malcolm in the Middle Reboot

Richiepiep

Administrator
Yes, there's a frontpage post about it on our site too, so whoever posted that, thanks a lot for keeping up the good work on our site! :thumbup:

It links to a Huffington Post article, but the primary source is at E! News Online.

Frankie Muniz just retweeted this, but didn't comment, but we know he's already in as far as he's concerned.

The full article also adds more of Bryan's own words: "You and I have seen this business change before our eyes," Cranston said. "I don't know how it works. I don't know how everything works anymore but all I want to do is tell the story and have a good experience."

I think he refers to what Linwood Boomer also pointed out recently, that you don't get the green light from a major studio or network now for one or more seasons, but it may be a commercial sponsor relying on product placement or a cable distributor, where you end up with a number of episodes released for exclusive or non-exclusive streaming all at once for binge viewing or whatever the audience or redistributors might like to do with them.

I like Bryan's as always careful phrasing: "There’s a possibility we want to start talking about the possibility of putting together a story that makes sense about that family 10 years or 12 years later."

It almost sounds like "we're busy planning plans", but let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Rich

MITM_Fan

It'd be great to have a new season of Malcolm in the Middle because in terms of quality comedy, there's not a whole lot out there nowadays (well, there's Schitt's Creek which is a Canadian series).