Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012!

According to Fabulous Films' website, series 1 is already their best-selling DVD. That's a good sign!

Tyno
    - Webmaster of
    Malcolm-France.com

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    I just never thought about that that could also be restricted but I guess the voiceactors who do the voiceovers in different languages should also be paid. I can't imagine how Malcom's family would sound dubbed Spanish, French or German but I hope for the fans around the globe it will eventually also be released with different audio tracks. If the dvd release is successful who knows?
    Well, I already got those dubs on the old American release, but I must say I've listened only to the German dubs to some extent, on YouTube, that is. It takes some getting used to, but in my experience after a while you accept it, kind of, provided that it is done well.

The hardest thing I think is dealing with the voice quality of the adolescent boys, and how and when they are going to accommodate for voice breaks.

Here are some examples:

http://malcolm-france.com/videos.php?p=113_insultes

Une espèce de salaud quoi?

http://malcolm-france.com/videos.php?p=313_loispolicier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGnXPUwudxw
    Last edited by Richiepiep; May 18, 2012 at 06:49 PM.
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

I must say the French voicovers are pretty good. Only Lois voice is very different from the original. But it's one of the more difficult voices to replicate or find a good substitute for, the anger Jane Kaczmarek can put in a sentence is inimitabe. I do wish my French was still as good as in highschool, but it helps I know the original lines pretty well.

In Spanish it just sounds plain weird to me.

HOW have I only just found out about this?

So damn excited, being from the UK. I am going to get them season by season and then in the end probably put them on ebay for the full boxset. This is fantastic news. Cannot thank Fabulous films enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    I must say the French voicovers are pretty good. Only Lois voice is very different from the original. But it's one of the more difficult voices to replicate or find a good substitute for, the anger Jane Kaczmarek can put in a sentence is inimitabe. I do wish my French was still as good as in highschool, but it helps I know the original lines pretty well.

In Spanish it just sounds plain weird to me.
    Well said, I feel exactly the same way! The French dubbing is done very well, except that 'Lois' lacks some edge (as you say it's hard to rival Jane in that respect), and while the Spanish get Lois just about right, the older boys' voices are far too high-pitched and childish, so the general effect is off-putting.

By the way, in the German version, Otto and Gretchen are Danish!
    Last edited by Richiepiep; May 29, 2012 at 11:56 AM.

I've decided to order both MITM S1 and Eerie, Indiana from Fabulous Films now.

When the deliveries work out (both may take a while), I may also order It's Garry Shandling's Show from Fabulous, which was probably the earliest unconventional sitcom, highlighted in our Ancestors section. As I've hardly seen any substantial footage of it, I could be doing some screenshots and bits of transcripts in a while.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    By the way, in the German version, Otto and Gretchen are Danish!

Really? That is hilarious. I can see why they changed that but still, it wouldn’t be believable to pretend the family lives in Germany anyway. By changing Otto and Gretchen’s identity it implies like they did that sort of. But I’ve never seen the German dubbed version. Unlike most Dutch people I can barely understand a word of German. Makes me wonder though how Otto sounds in German with a Danish accent. “Isn’t that vierd?”
    Last edited by Karin; Jun 2, 2012 at 03:08 PM.

Right so it looks like today's the day it's supposed to be out... Maybe.... I've had it on pre-order at amazon and they've given me a dispatch estimate of 6th June and delivery estimate of between 9th and 12th of June (damn you Jubilee! ) Anyway, I might try and get to the shops later or tomorrow to see if anyone has it actually on the shelf, although I doubt it as Fabulous Films is saying July 16th on their website and Zavvi and that are saying September 3rd whilst Amazon hasn't changed the release date...

On Fab Films website there's a direct link to Amazon. Perhaps they gave Amazon the rights to get it exclusive for a few weeks?

Ah well we'll see...

Also, some websites that still have the release date for today are saying 'New Release - Awaiting stock from supplier.' Seems like they'll be waiting a long time for that stock...

Went to ASDA (Walmart) didn't have it! Did a little investigating haha! E-mailed Amazon they responded saying that it is indeed released today yet they haven't received stock yet, but it should arrive on the estimated date so we'll see what happens!
    Last edited by Malcolm191095; Jun 4, 2012 at 06:08 PM.

I think the Fabfilms release date is most reliable since they are actually the company who releases it.
    Personally I'm waiting until I can atleast order two seasons (I intended to wait for the boxset, but I know I can't wait that long..) so I don't really keep track of the exact release dates. I just trust it will be released very soon.

Well, I can only say my Eerie, Indiana box set (another Fabulous Films release) arrived safely today as planned.

It came in a sturdy plastic box (better than all those shoddy cardboard items I've seen lately) and comes with .. a booklet with pictures and brief episode plots! Gee, I haven't seen that in a long while, a DVD booklet. A nice touch.

The image quality is reasonable for the 20-year-old 4:3 TV format (obviously it's a straight transfer with little attention to the sound track), and there are serviceable animated menus, but there are no extras whatsoever, so no subtitles or closed caption (a pity for non-natives and the hearing impaired), no interviews, commentaries, image galleries or a look behind the scenes.

This was what I was expecting from the DVD details, and I guess it's pretty much what the original US releases had to offer (or the lack of it), but still I hope the following MITM seasons will include a few interviews, promos, bloopers and the like.

Rich