EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012!

Richiepiep

Administrator
Got this in the mail today from Amazon.co.uk:
Hello,

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

Frankie Muniz, et al "Malcolm in the Middle - Season 1 [DVD]"
Estimated arrival date: June 16 2012 - June 27 2012​

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for this item yet as we don't debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We'll send you a confirmation e-mail when your items are dispatched to confirm the date, contents and method of delivery.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

great1

I met with Bryan Cranston in Albuquerque while he was filming Breaking Bad last month and I had mentioned the boxset coming out, he wasn't aware about it which kind of surprised me.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I met with Bryan Cranston in Albuquerque while he was filming Breaking Bad last month and I had mentioned the boxset coming out, he wasn't aware about it which kind of surprised me.
Territorial restrictions so to speak? ;) Great to let us know. Did you just run into him, or were you aware he would be on the set or thereabouts?

Rich

Richiepiep

Administrator
S1 DVD release postponed by another six months?!

Another mail from Amazon last week:

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Frankie Muniz, et al "Malcolm in the Middle - Season 1 [DVD]"
Estimated arrival date: January 04 2013 - January 09 2013

This is really, really hard to swallow. What's going on? Unexpected copyright issues? Aren't we supposed to be informed about major schedule changes?

Rich

Wezzo

That's because Amazon are using their placeholder date of December 31. It's likely to come out long before then. It just means Amazon don't have a specific release date. :)

Richiepiep

Administrator
That's because Amazon are using their placeholder date of December 31. It's likely to come out long before then. It just means Amazon don't have a specific release date. :)
Sounds plausible. Let's hope so. The Fabulous site now gives September 3 as release date.

One thing I've learned from my work is that you should never announce release or completion dates when you're not really sure you can come up with something. It sounds unprofessional and customers may lose faith and give up on the product altogether if it's put off time and again. On the other hand, I know delays are all too common for projects and such, due to the involvement of many parties we mostly don't know of, so let's just wait and see.

Rich

Malcolm191095

Hi Dvd.co.uk says that they have stock ready to dispatch within 2-3 days

I've sent them an e-mail to ask whether they actually do. Who knows maybe the DVD has been published and accidentally sent to them but Fab Films are holding out until September 3rd for hope of more pre-orders... Maybe? Or is that a long shot? Anyway, we'll soon find out.

A potential upside is that with all these delays maybe work is going on for the future seasons, maybe we'll get them every one or two months rather than having large gaps between them? As long as I see Season 2 on DVD before Christmas then I finally be able to rest easy after 10 long years of doubt. :'D

Last edited:

Malcolm191095

Okay so now Fab Films are saying September 3rd, but amazon, play, zavvi etc are all saying September 24th, so I'd say that roughly translates to a November release! Yay! :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
To be honest, it's getting to the point when I'll only believe it when I see it.

eggplant24

I have seen that Amazon lists the release date of season one as 24th September... Is there any news on when the box set is going to be released? Dying to get my hands on one!

Tyno

Malcolm-France
Season 2 still isn't listed on the British Video Association's website so I'm guessing it will be a while until its release. :mad:

Richiepiep

Administrator
I've just got a message from Amazon.co.uk that says that the S1 box has been dispatched and is estimated to arrive by Sept. 26! :D

Rich