Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you miss the most?

Default What do you miss the most?

Hi, I am new here and i decided to start a thread, and that is, what do you miss about MITM. The thing I miss is the most is watching how everyone grew up on the show. When i watched the show from start to finish in two days, thank you netflix, you got to see them grow up so fast, and i just wish that they had just one more season. But, I am greatful that the show lasted for how long it did, and the fact that people still love the show so much is great. Well, thanks for reading my first thread.

Welcome Dew Fan. That for your various contributions to other threads. I guess I miss the anticipation of new episodes. I can keep enjoying the show whenever I like, but I can't recreate the 'new' feeling.
    Need help? Email Me Here

I didn't actually come to the show until relatively recently, and until long after the show had finished! So, I didn't experience watching the shows for the first time, when they were all new to everyone.

There's lots to miss, though. Hal's temporary obsessions and associated misadventures, conflict between Lois and... well... everyone, disastrous vacations... I don't think I could pick out one thing!

Smile Gotta love this site.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterU View Post
    I didn't actually come to the show until relatively recently, and until long after the show had finished! So, I didn't experience watching the shows for the first time, when they were all new to everyone.

There's lots to miss, though. Hal's temporary obsessions and associated misadventures, conflict between Lois and... well... everyone, disastrous vacations... I don't think I could pick out one thing!
    I agree with you their, the show is one of the most odd, random, and funniest show out there. Am I sad that it is not airing new episodes, yes, but am I glad about all of the success it had and the fact that it made someone start a website about, again, yes.
    Dewey = Major Swag
    Dewey > Garden Gnome

Quote Originally Posted by Dew_Fan View Post
    am I glad about all of the success it had and the fact that it made someone start a website about, again, yes.
    The credit for the site goes to the many members over the years.
    Need help? Email Me Here

For me, it would be the silly situations that Hal somehow manages to get himself in.

Being "in the bomb squad" and going on THAT skiing holiday are great examples of it.

I wish that their was a like button on this site, because those are funny moments, so I will just leave you a thanks!
    Dewey = Major Swag
    Dewey > Garden Gnome

Quote Originally Posted by Dew_Fan View Post
    Hi, I am new here and i decided to start a thread, and that is, what do you miss about MITM. The thing I miss is the most is watching how everyone grew up on the show.
    Yes, obviously that's a large part of it. When you start a show that centres (mostly) on young kids, you know that's going to be both a huge blessing and a curse in terms of dynamic. It gives you the opportunity to explore everything from kids' play and pranks, hobbies, pets, a new baby, to going to high school, weekend and summer jobs, dating and graduating and how the family responds to it, but you also know, that however successful the show may be, it will run out of steam eventually, because you can't have all the main kids hanging around the house for ever, and really can't keep introducing new babies!

I really enjoyed the show's inner dynamic too, and the chemistry between all the actors, who had such great characters to play off against each other. I especially loved the fact that none of the actors were one-note comedians, but in fact, perhaps apart from Justin Berfield, were better known as dramatic actors, which gave cast and crew a very broad range to work with.

And then there was that tone of constant off-the-wall wackiness; you never knew what to expect, also because there were often individual threads for Francis or some other family member, and how they were sometimes intertwined with or reflected the other stories, or were just a welcome comic relief.

Then there was the top-notch location camera work and great choice of music....

I think all that's what made the show pretty unique.

As for growing up in public, I think our French partners showed it best, now that two separate seasons are shown simultaneously on two separate channels... I think they cheated a bit, but you get the gist. Perhaps someone could do a morph?!

See attached picture!

Best,

Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    As for growing up in public, I think our French partners showed it best, now that two separate seasons are shown simultaneously on two separate channels... I think they cheated a bit, but you get the gist. Perhaps someone could do a morph?!
    Wait, we already have that!

From: http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...ids-just-kids/

I miss Dewey's smart remarks about Louis and Hal's obsessiveness (like in Roller skates). No other show offers the type of witty humor MITM does. I really do miss it.