Malcolm In The Middle now on Netflix (In widescreen!)

MacGuy24

What makes you think they are syndicated edits? Are you only basing this off of the first episode? The first episode was extended exclusively for the DVD, so comparing the two is not an accurate way of determining whether or not it's a syndicated edit.

I only ask this because I've watched a couple episodes from the fourth season and they don't seem like syndicated edits to me. Though, to be fair, I haven't compared them side by side with the original airings yet.

Also, regarding what some of you have noticed about the different theme song in early episodes and the song replacement in the pilot, here are some facts that I pulled from the episode guide located on this very website:

There you go. It's not Netflix's fault, that's how it's always been.

The full entry for this episode can be found here.

I never said it was a syndicated edit. I think your confusing me with someone else So I dont know about that. The part with Hal and Lois singing the kitchen in the first episode is not an extended clip. I have the 1rst Season on DVD and I watched that part and then I watched the one on Netflix and the one on Netflix totally is a scene that replaces the one on the DVD. I certainly have not seen it before not even on syndicated reruns on TV. So Its not an extension but a replacement scene.

ArtOfLosing

MacGuy24, I wasn't directing the syndicated stuff at you, it was at whomever first declared that they were syndicated edits.

As for the song replacement: Again,
During the scene where Lois is trimming Hal's back hair they are singing to a song. On the DVD version they're singing 'I Believe in Miracles' by Hot Chocolate but on the TV version they're singing 'It's Your Thing' by The Isley Brothers.
When the episode originally aired on FOX, they used "It's Your Thing" during that scene. That song was changed to "I Believe In Miracles" specifically for the DVD. Whenever the episode is aired on TV, including syndication runs, "It's Your Thing" is still used during that scene. (Look at this Australian(?) airing for proof: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RP4L5X64 ) So, really, the DVD is what's different, not Netflix. Netflix seems to be using the original broadcast edits as far as I can tell (sometimes even including the blue "FOX widescreen" logo.)

MacGuy24

MacGuy24, I wasn't directing the syndicated stuff at you, it was at whomever first declared that they were syndicated edits.

As for the song replacement: Again, When the episode originally aired on FOX, they used "It's Your Thing" during that scene. That song was changed to "I Believe In Miracles" specifically for the DVD. Whenever the episode is aired on TV, including syndication runs, "It's Your Thing" is still used during that scene. (Look at this Australian(?) airing for proof: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RP4L5X64 ) So, really, the DVD is what's different, not Netflix. Netflix seems to be using the original broadcast edits as far as I can tell (sometimes even including the blue "FOX widescreen" logo.)
Hm.....ok well you could be right. Not sure cuz I never the saw the premier when it aired on tv. I just know from the DVD. But another thing about the first two episodes using the theme song performed by a different band I just know cuz on my DVD it has the theme performed by "They might be Giants" and on Netflix its performed by another band.

damien

@ ArtofLosing
Do you have some episodes of season 3 or other seasons in such a good quality?
Btw. Nice name if it refers to the songs ;)

Magic-J

Do someone got some other episodes in widescreen?

If you could upload them it would be the best thing ever! :D

qld

Netflix Instant Watcher

Not too long ago, I checked out Malcolm on instantwatcher.com, and found the show was set to expire and be removed from Netflix August-October of this year. Thankfully, the show has a new expiration date of 10-1-2017, I guess it was just up for renewal and a deal was cut to keep it, maybe the 4 1/2 years remaining on Netflix will hold us over until the DVDs can be had.
I used to watch 2-3 episodes of Malcolm a day on FX repeats, either they were on in the background as I did housework or I seriously watched them, and found it to be great to know I could watch any episode I wanted on Netflix, and didn't know how to cope with the prospect of them vanishing or not being on DVD, but now it looks like we've got some time left.
Sadly, King of the Hill and some other shows also have expiration dates set for later this year. Maybe they'll be saved in the same fashion. I've seen every episode of Malcolm and some countless times over, the people at Netflix need to understand Malcolm is a show we want access to and will always watch some of the episodes over and over.
I've rewatched some sitcoms of the 80s that I had fond memories of, and didn't find them as enjoyable as when I watched them 20 some years ago. Malcolm was never like that, it's never changed. I don't know if it is because I've never been separated from the show since it was cancelled, or if it's just that good. I'm inclined to think it has more to do with its quality and uniqueness.