Who would you adopt as your brother?

Who would you adopt as your brother

• Total voters

Jimmy Junior

I'd pick Francis because I don't like kids, and Francis is roughly my age.
Also, Malcolm wouldn't be much fun to be around and would make me feel inferior, Reese would annoy me by not being able to understand me if I was trying to explain something, and Dewey would always be getting me into trouble like he does with Reese.
I certainly wouldn't pick Jamie because babies bug the hell out of me, and he's a little trouble-maker.

Oh yeah, and Francis could drive me home when I'm drunk (he can't drink.)

mariposa22

If I could adopt anyone into my family, I would choose Reese because he is a lot of fun. I don't think he ever gets bored. Together, we would be the ultimate duo. He would think of things to do, and I would think of ways for us not to get caught. We would never have a dull moment again, or punishments, for that matter.

Dewey

Minimalistic
I don't think this question is as cut and dry as it first appears. It is very subjective in that the outcome is relative to numerous factors.

If I was the older brother, then the answer would have to be Dewey.

If I was the youngest sibling, then the answer would be Francis.

If I was a girl, then I would probably like Reese as my brother (girls seem to like Reese for ssome reason)

If I was 'in the middle', like malcolm, then it would probably be Francis again. In the early seasons, malcolm looked up to his eldest brother a lot didn't he?

Other factors such as class, socio-economic group, religion, school life, media exposure, life experience, etc etc etc will also play a significant factor in this...

arach

Nevertheless, Dewey wins! :D

Time for dancing and singing
DEWEY WINS! DEWEY WINS! Shake it shake it shake it yeeeeah!
72.gif

:D

CJman327

Amigo22 said:
And speaking of basketball the boys and Hal played a game of basketball in one episode, can't remember which one though, somewhere in Season 3 I think.
They had played basketball in Goodbye Kitty, Lois's Makeover, and a mention of it at the end of If Boys Were Girls, as well as Malcolm Holds His Tongue.

elstarry

I would adopt either malcolm or reese.This is because Reese would would be fun and outgoing , but malcolm would be smart and would probably grow up to be wealthy!!:p

allison

samboo1 said:
Yeah we do. He is the coolest(and best looking)though!:D
Yeah, he is. :D But it´s weird, I think Francis is also pretty good looking, but he doesn´t seem as popular with girls as Reese (or Justin, the character Reese isn´t very popular with girls). But maybe that´s just because Francis is older or maybe I´m just wrong. But I think Reese is a more interesting character than Francis, that´s one of the reasons why I like him better.
And I think it´s good that Reese isn´t supposed to be good looking whereas Francis is. Reese is kind of vain (especially when it comes to his hair), but on the show he isn´t a "hearthrob" at all which is good.

samboo1

Yeah it would be strange if Reese was really popular at school and with girls. Although i dont understand why he isnt popular. Is it because he's dumb? I would of thought he would of had a bunch of friends, that are like him, bullies!:)

allison

Yeah, actually it´s kind of weird. I think he doesn´t have any friends because people think he´s mean, but as you said he also could have some friends who are like him. I think in real life he would be popular, though, because he´s pretty unconcerned about most things and lots of teenagers like people like that. But as you could see in "Watching the baby" and Jury duty most girls consider him disgusting and silly.

arach

I guess the reason why Reese is so unpopular in the voting is because if you had him as a RL brother, he would be pretty annoying. It would just go on your nerves when he makes that stupid comments all the time.
When you think of a brother, I guess you would want the lesser evil. That's why Dewey won the poll. He is calm, does stuff on his own and is nice if you are nice.

monkey_091

I would pick Reese, because we are alot alike. He seems cool as a brother, because even though he is mean to his sibs, he still loves em.
I sort of have a brother. He's older than me by a year and protects me like he would if I was his real sister, but still picks on me the same way. So he's a lot like Reese and that's why I would pick Reese... :eek:

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Well, Reese is my favorite, but after weighing the pros and cons, I'm going to have to go with Dewey. I've always wanted a little brother...to torture :D. Seriously though, I think Dewey and I would get along well because we have similiar personalities and he seems like a cool kid. I would just end up beating the crap out of Reese eventually because he'd get on my nerves. :D Malcolm wouldn't be a bad brother, but his moodiness would be almost as annoying as Reese's stupidity.

bluecobweb

Francis: I have an older sister and older siblings are really cool! They can give you advice and help you with friend problems because they're been through it. I wouldn't pick Francis because it's hard to relate to him and I'd feel too uncool around him. :eek: He's more like a guidance counselor to younger siblings.

Reese: His appearance certainly is popular with girls, but how do you talk to someone like Reese about problems or ask him for advice? I admit I'm a selfish sibling. We'd be too different although he can teach me some pranks.

Malcolm: He is easy to relate to especially as a teenager. :cool: Why do I have to suffer through this, being a genius can be difficult, I feel different from my family, why doesn't anyone understand? (I'm definitely not a genius though.) He'd be a great friend but we'd be too similar as siblings. I'm already a middle child so I know what it's like.

Dewey: He's really cool! He gets along with everyone and is reasonable. I like music too. He's not the "perfectly sibling" that you live in the shadow of, because he can be manipulative. If Dewey was a girl I'd love to have her as my younger sister, because I already have a younger brother.

Jamie: He hasn't been corrupted yet so you can influence him positively. :) He would be fun to read and play with because everything is new to him. He seems like someone who would be accepted by his peers in the future. It's too early to tell a baby's personality.
It's tie between Malcolm, Dewey, and Jamie so I choose Jamie because he has the least votes now.

I'd definitely, definitely pick Malcolm to be my brother. I like pretty much all of the characters, but I can relate to him the most. Also, it'd be nice to have someone significantly smarter than me in my family so that I don't get all the attention in that regard. Because he would be a year older than me (judging by how I'm a senior in high school this year), his accomplishments would be a nice motivation, even if I couldn't live up to them. Plus, contrary to most peoples' opinions, I don't find his whininess that bad. Sure, he's a complainer, but I can live with that.

D

Deleted member 1693

It's between Malcolm and Dewey. M and I are a lot alike, but somehow I don't think that would work out... Maybe we would just bring each other down. And I already have a younger brother and it would be annoying to have them plot against me. Well, there are pros and cons to each, but I'd have to say none!