Who is Vincent?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Ok, I was playing the game in the chat room where I try and remember what everyone's real name is, and I kept calling arach Vincent. I have no idea why, but his name is Harry, and I kept calling him Vincent. Now, it is driving me crazy. Who here has the name Vincent??

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Ok, I will try and remember.

theblinddevil=vincent
jimmy junior=adam
arach=harry
admin=david
allison=tess
mitm18=mitm18, by request of him
garbage kills megan=ironically, megan
j=justin
emrysgirl=janus
tjpeople=tj
amigo22=i honestly have no idea
dabney=dabney??
wemboy=tom
ryebeach=ryan? no, that's too easy. his username is named after the town in which he lives, but I don't remember hsi name....

who did I do?

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
No, my real name is andy. I don't remember any other names either. No, wait, MITM-Fan = Dan. But that's all.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
lol allison, you must go by Tess some of the time? Are you honestly telling me that I'm the only one that calls you Tess instead of Tessa?

allison

Yeah, I´m honestly telling you that you´re really the only one. :D I´ve got an e-mail friend who sometimes writes tess, but people around me never call me Tess. Never mind. ;)

Emrysgirl

yardgames said:
Aditi? That's an odd name A nice name, though, why wouldn't you want to be called that?
(I corrected your typo)

I actually don't care. You can call me Aditi if you want to.

It is a nice name and I do like it. I was just a little frustrated and sick of it when I wrote that post.

(EDIT: CAUTION mini-rant(not dirrected at you)). You see, I'd just come back from this orientation thingy where about 20 people had pestered me about how to pronounce my name right even though they're never going to get it. You have no idea how annoying that gets. I mean, just pick a mispronunciation and sitck with it!! Earlier, when people asked my if they were pronouncing my name right, I used to say close enough. But that just encourages them. Why can't they understand that I want them to stop?! Now, even though I tell them that whatever strange pronunciation they pick is correct, they still keep asking me. Nothing works! I've actually had people argue about which mispronunciation of my name was right.
(rant over)

And, it's not really weird. It's Indian. It's not common, but it's not unusual. It's the name of a Hindu goddess. Aditi is the mother of all gods. But the name has several meanings and thankfully that's not the one I was named after. The one I WAS named after is boundless.

Emrysgirl

yardgames said:
Is it Uh-dee-tee?
Sort of. Like I said, close enough. Probably as close as you'll get. I've been in the US for 5 years now and haven't met a single person who could pronounce it right. Uh is right. The d is not hard...there's an h sound...think of the word thee, only with less emphasis on 'ee'. And I can't think of a single english word that contains the last syllable.