Malcolm and the Camera

Frankie'sgirl

Oh. Thats interesting. See, it seemed like in the beginning they were normal. With Reece, he was a bully, but I mean, who doesn't want to be the bullies friend? Malolm had normal friends, but he said that they stopped talking to him. Now they're just soooo lame! What happened!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Frankie'sgirl said:
With Reese, he was a bully, but I mean, who doesn't want to be the bullies friend? Malcolm had normal friends, but he said that they stopped talking to him. Now they're just soooo lame! What happened!
I don't want to be the bullies friend. Since when did he have normal friends? All he ever had were the krelboyens. Except in cliques, but no one was normal in that episode. Even then, the cliques were played up to show these kids wern't normal.

(ps: try spelling the characters name's right next time, Reese with an S and Malcolm with a C.)

allison

MalcolmReeseDewey said:
Malcolms girlfriend in the episode 'funeral' was the same actress as his friend in 'pilot' who said "wow malcolm that's so good"
I think she was supposed to be the same person. :D

CJman327

I agree. I used to love Malcolm taking to the camera!:)

Lol! I don't mean to be nitpicky but Malcolm is spelt "Malcolm".:)

D

Deleted member 1693

"In real life, when a kid starts talking to someone who's invisible, they jack up his dosage of Ritalin. On Fox, they gave me my own show!"

I love that quote. Where did it come from? :thumbup1:

DVF

I like when he talk to the camera, it's one of the many things that makes the show special:)

AlexTheMartian

well as a younger kid, it was more entertaining to see him give side "commentary" on his life. as an older teenager, it did not have the same impact anymore, and was not really interesting enough of a technique to use at that point.

however, even towards the end, it would not have been the same show if i twas not used at least one each episode. so they could never abandon it all together (im talking about the breaking 4th wall technique)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I think there were a few episodes where he never talked to the camera and they were rated relatively low amongst us, weren't they?

DVF

I just most try to talk to the "camera" a whole day, people gonna think that i'm mentaly disturbed. If someone asks why I'm doing that I'll say that my pscychologist told me to do it :lol:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Can you have someone follow you around wiht a camera too and then upload the footage so we can see you look like an idiot? :D

D

Deleted member 1693

That seems like something I would want to try. No one is close enough to me to tag along all day and listen to me ramble about myself and what I just did, though. Unless I taped myself. Now that would be completely ridiculous. I would be an outcast throughout my entire high school life. But for you guys... :D

D

Deleted member 1693

LOL I will actually think about it. Sounds fun. I alienate people anyway. It would be hilarious material for this site.

Don't have any good cameras, but I'll find a way.

DVF

Dammit, i gonna do it! I'll go around in the old town of stockholm and talk to the camera, just got to convince some one to film me... It will be hilarious! Just for fun, i'll talk english with a ireish accent and say that I'm a tourist. Nah, it's damn hard to talk with a ireish accent, I'll just talk regular english. But there's one problem: it's so damn cold outside!

Last edited:

basslime

i think some parts of where malcolm talks into the camera are helpful, however some other times it sort of annoyes me, ect when louis finds out he won the science thing and he said she was embarressing i think that camera talk wasnt really needed, however other parts are so i dont really mind if it's there or not. dosnt bother me.