Please help me identify this still!

Richiepiep

Administrator
Please help me identify these stills! (new addition)

What episode is this still with Hal and Lois in bed from? It's supposed to be from Season 4, where it was listed as from 4x21 Baby (2), but I don't think so.

Malcolm-in-the-Middle-4x21-Baby-2-MITMVC-1.jpg

Rich

Last edited:

PBUNDY

I really wish I could help you out with this Rich, but I have absolutely no idea which episode from season 4 this is from. I don't recall ever seeing this scene in any of the episodes. :confused:

Richiepiep

Administrator
I really wish I could help you out with this Rich, but I have absolutely no idea which episode from season 4 this is from. I don't recall ever seeing this scene in any of the episodes. :confused:

Well, this at least shows that I'm not a newbie, which is comforting ;) I've been watching a number of S4 episodes again, which I thought it might be from, but to no avail.

I don't recall this scene either. Yes, it's a promotional still, but one that clearly ties in with one of the episodes. It's not an artificially posed shot like the Season 7 ones with the minigolf, or the garden scenes of Season 5.

It could be from a scene that was cut at the editing stage. We already have a few of those, either shot when the cast is relaxing between takes, or from some unused shot or scene, like these:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6396

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6395

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=7242

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8050

Last edited:

zachman93

I'll confirm through quantity - definitely not a direct show still. For one thing, the saturation is much subdued compared to the typical Malcolm shot.

As for which episode it could correlate with, I'll have to get back to you. I just thought to myself, "where do we see hal and Lois contemplating things in bed?", and answered, "several times". The object that Hal is holding appears to be a baby monitor, however, so the 4:20 mark seems to be close if not correct - if wrong, possibly an early S5 shot?

"Day Care" comes to mind as a possibility.

PBUNDY

I also thought that Hal was holding a baby monitor so it has to be either 4x21 Baby (2) or 4x22 Day Care because in Season 5 Lois had her hair cut much shorter.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I also thought that Hal was holding a baby monitor so it has to be either 4x21 Baby (2) or 4x22 Day Care because in Season 5 Lois had her hair cut much shorter.

Thanks all for the astute observations - so far! It was definitely part of the original 4x21 'Baby (2)' download folder, meaning Fox classified this as a 'Baby(2)' still. Not that they're infallible, because Fox would sometimes put a still under the wrong header, or got the names of the actors wrong, but this didn't happen a lot.

This leads me to believe that it was from a scene 'left on the cutting room floor'. If nobody comes up with a clear reference, I will put it under the 4x21 stills, with a tag that it was probably from an unused scene.

By the way, there are three more which can't immediately be tied to scenes in various episodes. I will post them later.

Rich

Richiepiep

Administrator
And here is another one I failed to identify, possibly from Season 6 or 7.

malcolm-malcolm-in-the-middle-serie-tv-60-1-g.jpg

I was thinking either Blackout or Hal Grieves, but Hal's jacket and shirt are different in those episodes.

Rich

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
That's from Bomb Shelter. I recognized Hal's Hugh Hefner inspired jacket instantly. :)

Thanks a lot! Huge Hefner? Of Playpen fame? That's an association that would never spring to my mind in a gazillion years! But it's true, it's of the era, and it is what they call a dressing gown (for (permanent/chronic) dressing down) I believe.

Well, thanks a bunny anyway! :p

Rich

Baby oil, anyone?

Last edited: