Frankie Muniz Sets up a YouTube Channel

PeterU

Super Moderator
Front Page Post

I'll let Frankie himself introduce this story:
I just made a YouTube account... Things are about to get ugly. Who wants the first video? https://twitter.com/frankiemuniz/status/11973495129
According to Frankie's girlfriend Elycia Marie, Frankie's new channel was the 12th most subscribed to in the week before April 14th.

Right now there are only three videos - Frankie has so far used the channel to, well, do the Ice Cream and Cake Dance, tell you 'the truth' about Justin Bieber and respond to someone on Twitter (language warning!) who had apparently missed the sarcasm of the mentioned Justin Bieber video.

You can watch those videos on YouTube directly (and subscribe to Frankie's channel there), or view them all here below.

Watch the videos on the Front Page Post

It will be interesting to see how Frankie continues to use his new account!

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
lol, what does everyone think? I think Frankie must be bored.....

I wonder what Frankie has been thinking? Joining in this slagging-off fest that is YouTube vlogging, without having anything to say? I thought that was beneath him. Very uncool! And disappointing.

As for Justin Bieber, why comment? I'm totally unqualified to make any remarks, but I thought that Erik Per Sullivan's tweet ...

The only thing cuter than little kittens... Is Justin bieber! I just ordered my fan pack 2.0.

... was very witty and harmless. I know I've called him Justin Bieberkopf, but that's just my private (?) in-joke.

Let me lecture a little while. When you criticize someone else famous or supposedly famous as just being 'lame', 'gay' or 'crap', or by making a cheap pun on his name, you know what to expect. Especially for former child stars putting down current ones. It's like the Olsen Twins saying they were cool and genuine, while Miley Cyrus is crap. That's kinda embarrassing. You know how fragile fame is. There's no merit or sense in that. Very puerile.

Frankly Loonies! :w00t:

Last edited:

PeterU

Super Moderator
I am bothered by the fact Frankie seems to reply and respond to his detractors way more than he responds to his fans and others who are positive towards him. I'd prefer it if he ignored the 'haters' and spend that time engaging with everyone else a little more.

PeterU

Super Moderator
Let me lecture a little while. When you criticize someone else famous or supposedly famous as just being 'lame', 'gay' or 'crap', or by making a cheap pun on his name, you know what to expect. Especially for former child stars putting down current ones. It's like the Olsen Twins saying they were cool and genuine, while Miley Cyrus is crap. That's kinda embarrassing. You know how fragile fame is. There's no merit or sense in that. Very puerile.

I agree with you on this. Especially when you consider that not too long ago, Frankie was in a similar situation himself -- the big teenage 'star-du-jour' -- it seems a bit unfair and hypocritical for him to be negative towards Justin Bieber, who is in that role now.

Of course, the whole mocking Justin Bieber episode is played by Frankie as being sarcastic and a joke, but I'm concerned that it doesn't really come across as being funny. Perhaps that explains some of the backlash he obviously has been receiving.

Movieye

I agree - he doesn't have to respond to his critics.... there is an irony of him dissing Bieber when Frankie himself was a child star/teen idol of sorts.

MITM_Fan

Whoa, can't believe Muniz likes Justin Bieber, JB has no real talent, sigh...

I'll subscribe to him when he's famous/better on YouTube, don't want another vlogger for now.

Richiepiep

Administrator
It's not really the issue, but I'm a bit better qualified to pass judgment on Bieber than I said. I remember him from the early days on YouTube as the kidrauhl channel (it's still on after three years), and I must say he's a reasonably talented singer and multi-instrumentalist (guitar, piano and drums), although that's not the way he's been produced and marketed.

I know there's heavy pressure on kids and young adults to sound just the way that is supposed to be the 'in' thing and hence profitable, and unless you have an extremely strong personality and have the good fortune of meeting a manager who's a genuine music lover, this type of heavily computerized, watered-down, standard-issue r 'n b is what you're going to get stuck with.

One kid who's Justin's age did a masterful parody of the genre, which I can't help showing here. It deserves at least as many views as the 'real' Justin himself, more than those measly 1,000. That's something creative Frankie should have done! In the meantime, let's hear it for Sam 'WilkoJnr86' Wilkinson! Yes, that's how it works, folks.

Rich ;)