Sons of Tucson - Episode 2

Movieye

While we all had high expectations about Justin Berfield's new series, I was hoping that the flighty pilot would settle down into a good comedy routine.

Well, episode 2 of SOT - The Break In - aired last night and I was again disappointed at how unlikable the characters are.

In last night's episode, Ron (the pseudo-dad) hires a friend to break into the house to scare the 3 boys into letting him move into the house. Ron is currently stuck in an unairconditioned tool shed. And if you've ever been to Tucson in the summer, you know that ain't right!

The episode focused mainly on Ron's friend who happens to be an ex-thief, so this push makes him relapse into his thieving ways.

The 3 bros barely have any lines in this episode - again vastly underutilized.

I really hope SOT gets its comedic legs soon!

PeterU

Super Moderator
I found episode 2 a lot easier to follow than the pilot (my thoughts on that).

While the pace was still fast, it felt less like it was rushed and squeezed to fit everything into the time slot. I thought it was funnier and it seems to be gaining momentum nicely now. The characters still aren't as strong or as well developed as they could be, but there's lots of room for that to get better as the season progresses.

Looking forward to seeing future episodes!

Movieye

LOL - I liked the pilot episode better so far... too early to tell, but once the first 3 episode's ratings come out, we'll see if they've held people's attention or not.