Wee bit of help please...

tg49

Hi, my names tommy im 18 and well im a noob on this forum, as you can probably see with my complete lack of effort towards pictures and whatnot. For you dedicated malcolm fans i apologise...however im stuck with a malcolm related problem so i thought why not try this forum out for help.

Im a big malcolm fan, and was sitting in one night thinking to myself i want to buy a malcolm tee-shirt of some kind..just well..because, well after scouring the net for ageees i found a big fat nothing, and was left disapointed. My next brainwave was i shall MAKE my own malcolm t shirt, through one of these t-shirt making companies. So, deciding on my favourite character (dewey) i thot il dedicate it to him. I picked out a few classic dewey pics and chose the best one, and stuck it on. It turns out tho, 'the image resolution should be no less that 200 dpi', so the quality of printing is decent at least. now i dont know the nitty gritty means of dpi apart from i need a pic with that or higher. All funny dewey pics wer less than that, coming in at 96 dpi etc and werent working. So if you could please help me out in trying to find some funny/classic dewey pics (u no the ones im talking about), preferably of jst him and his upper half or face for space reasons, that have 200dpi or higher that would be SUPERB!

to find out the dpi of a pic...u right hand click on foto that u have saved to my pictures or wot, then go to properties, then details, and you will find it ther.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated :) thanks!

Richiepiep

Administrator
Hi, my names tommy im 18 and well im a noob on this forum, as you can probably see with my complete lack of effort towards pictures and whatnot. For you dedicated malcolm fans i apologise...however im stuck with a malcolm related problem so i thought why not try this forum out for help.

Im a big malcolm fan, and was sitting in one night thinking to myself i want to buy a malcolm tee-shirt of some kind..just well..because, well after scouring the net for ageees i found a big fat nothing, and was left disapointed. My next brainwave was i shall MAKE my own malcolm t shirt, through one of these t-shirt making companies. So, deciding on my favourite character (dewey) i thot il dedicate it to him. I picked out a few classic dewey pics and chose the best one, and stuck it on. It turns out tho, 'the image resolution should be no less that 200 dpi', so the quality of printing is decent at least. now i dont know the nitty gritty means of dpi apart from i need a pic with that or higher. All funny dewey pics wer less than that, coming in at 96 dpi etc and werent working. So if you could please help me out in trying to find some funny/classic dewey pics (u no the ones im talking about), preferably of jst him and his upper half or face for space reasons, that have 200dpi or higher that would be SUPERB!

to find out the dpi of a pic...u right hand click on foto that u have saved to my pictures or wot, then go to properties, then details, and you will find it ther.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated :) thanks!

Hi Tommy,

You're welcome! Well, we have quite a number of high-res pictures in our Gallery.

The best-quality ones are the official stills (made by studio photographers) in the sections Promotional Photos and each subsection below an episode gallery, for instance you go to Season 1, then to '1x01 Pilot', and then to its subcategory 'Set Stills'. Most episodes have a Set Stills subcat, and those are great if you want to see a Dewey 'action pic'.

Because dpi is not the same as size in bytes or in pixels, you have to click or download a few to see what they're like. Look for ones that have 'click for larger image' beneath them, because those are the bigger ones most likely to have high dpi. Remember to click on them and save the large image (right-click and save), because all big images are scaled down for regular Gallery views! Also remember that 'Promotional Photos' doesn't always mean high-quality stills, because some are magazine scans and the like, because we couldn't find the originals.

Just as an indication: these and similar ones of Erik (Dewey) are all 300 dpi:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4439

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4661

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4684

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3530

Rich

Last edited: