Erik Per Sullivan genuine Twitter account?

PeterU

Super Moderator
Erik Per Sullivan genuine Twitter account

Just thought I'd bring to the attention of anyone who hasn't noticed this thread in the Gallery -- http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8462.

Apologies if this isn't an appropriate way to bring this to wider attention on the forum -- but I thought it is worth mentioning here, or it may pass many people by!

UPDATE: Justin has now pretty much confirmed that this is Erik's genuine account. You can follow Erik at http://twitter.com/erikpers.

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
By all means post, this is big news deserves a thread of its own! I'm pretty certain its genuine, well I've tweeted it now, so I better be right!

EDIT: All things seem to add us. 99.9% genuine

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
As for his Twitter profile picture, for those who don't tweet, twit, or twat, look here for the 'big shot':

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8462

Thanks Siobhan!

IMG_8586.jpg

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Movieye

what's Twitter Celeb protocol?

I don't use Twitter - no time for it! So I was wondering what's the protocol about celebrity twitters?

Once you've identified Erik's Twitter account, is it OK to follow him and post tweets? Will he not get annoyed at the sudden inundation of followers? Or do celebs expect this - cuz he could have obviously set up an anonymous account.

I just get the impression that 20 people have tapped into my phone line to listen in to my conversation.

PeterU

Super Moderator
Erik's account was discovered largely because he was following Justin and Justin was following him back and that he had set his name as 'Erik Per Sullivan'. This was picked up by eagle-eyed people such as Siobhan! Once the word was spread more widely, Justin actually announced Erik's presence to all his followers -- https://twitter.com/justinberfield/status/8869517738.

Bearing that in mind, it seems that Erik was happy to have his Twitter account made public and followed by anyone and everyone. If he had wanted to keep things private, he could easily have set up a protected account under a pseudonym and we'd all be none the wiser.

I think the nature of Twitter is very much about sharing. There's an assumption that posting something on Twitter is an act of sharing, rather than just an act of communication. It's like having a conversation in a communal place (just a really big, geographically distributed one!) -- you know people are probably listening to you, so you are inherently aware of that. If there's something you want to talk about that isn't appropriate in that place, then you take the conversation elsewhere -- by direct message on Twitter, or just by using another communication medium.

Erik clearly has only just got started with Twitter, but I think he's well aware of what it entails and seems to be happy and comfortable sharing thus far. In short, I think following him and sending him messages is fair game. :)

Richiepiep

Administrator
Sounds like a great explanation to me, PeterU! :D

I agree, as with Facebook, YouTube etc., the basic nature of these social interaction sites is public, unless you set pages or comments to private.

People shouldn't be surprised if a boss at work, or some half-forgotten relative (or some journalist for that matter) refers to some event shown there (Hey, so you got well pickled Saturday night?!).

I think celebrities, especially young ones, are very well aware of that.

Rich

Dew_Fan

Kinda sad . . .

I have a few things to say on this, 1. Lovin the Jif Hat he has on with smuckers on the back of it. And 2. I know that he is super busy with college and stuff, but it would be nice if he posted something on his Twitter account, I bet he has a lot of fans that would love to see something, but still I understand that school is important to him, I just hope that he still does some acting when he is finished, he would be deeply missed if he didn't.

PeterU

Super Moderator
Yeah, it's certainly a shame that he has not posted for a while. At one point earlier in the year, he apologised for 'disappearing' for so long from Twitter, but has since not posted again! :(

I hope he continues posting, even if just occasionally to let people know what's going on with his life after MITM!

By the way, Dew_Fan, enjoying your contributions across the forum! Thanks for posting and starting and renewing some discussions. :)

Dew_Fan

College, Erik

I just looked at the home page and saw that he graduated in 2009, and if he started college the same year, then he would be a Junior.

Siobhan

I agree with you two about Erik and Twitter, it would be nice to hear more from him. That said, Justin Berfield doesn't update too frequently either any more, aww.

Dew_Fan

I know, it is sad that they don't post anything anymore. It would be so cool if all of a sudden they just started.

Dew_Fan

The one about MITM vs. Home Improvement? If so then yea, i did a little to, don't worry, your not the only one, lol.

Siobhan

Yes, that one! It's nice that Justin and Erik follow each other, but slightly odd that they have nothing to do with Frankie.

Dew_Fan

That is a little bit odd. You would think that all of the malcolm boys would be following each other.

Dew_Fan

Well I am glad that they at least hangout sometimes, good to see some of the cast from MITM hanging out.