Help with a TV Show

APK

While I was in America last summer, I was watching the TV at my grandparents' house, and I managed to watch about half an hour of an episode of a programme called "Strange Days at Blake Holsey High." In the UK, it's known as "Black Hole High", and I think it was aired on the cable channels, which I don't have access to.

Anyway, the bit that I saw really gripped me, and I was wondering if anyone here was a fan of the show and if so, could they give me a little information about the characters, and all the different things that go on, etc.

I've done some research and know the basic plot. I know that it's about five kids, Josie Trent, Vaughn Pearson, Corinne Baxter, Marshall Wheeler and Lucas Randall, who attend a boarding school called Blake Holsey High. They comprise the science club and investigate all the strange goings-on at the school, aided by their favourite teacher Professor Zachary. Apparently, the weird things that happen (such as students getting sucked into vortexes, going back in time, turning invisible, etc) seem to be connected to some accident that happened at the Pearadyne Research Labs 15 years before, and also seem to be connected to Vaugh's father Victor Pearson, who Lucas, Marshall, Josie and Corinne view as the "bad guy." I also know that there's some guy, the Janitor, a purportedly strange individual, who lives in the basement on his own, and seems to know a lot about what's happening, but only ever gives the kids odd little hints about what's going on, never fully explaining things.

So I know the basic story, but I wondered if anyone here who who was a fan could fill me in on the characters and their relationships. I understand in the third season that there was a sort of triangle between Josie, Vaughn and Lucas, is that correct? Also, from things I've read, there's been speculation that Victor Pearson isn't actually the bad guy that Josie, Corinne, Lucas and Marshall think he is. Is there any truth to that? Is the Janitor to be trusted?

I also read that it's on hiatus, so does anyone know if there are plans to make any more episodes in the future?

admin

Retired Administrator
Doc Brown said:
While I was in America last summer, I was watching the TV at my grandparents' house, and I managed to watch about half an hour of an episode of a programme called "Strange Days at Blake Holsey High." In the UK, it's known as "Black Hole High", and I think it was aired on the cable channels, which I don't have access to.

Anyway, the bit that I saw really gripped me, and I was wondering if anyone here was a fan of the show and if so, could they give me a little information about the characters, and all the different things that go on, etc.

I've done some research and know the basic plot. I know that it's about five kids, Josie Trent, Vaughn Pearson, Corinne Baxter, Marshall Wheeler and Lucas Randall, who attend a boarding school called Blake Holsey High. They comprise the science club and investigate all the strange goings-on at the school, aided by their favourite teacher Professor Zachary. Apparently, the weird things that happen (such as students getting sucked into vortexes, going back in time, turning invisible, etc) seem to be connected to some accident that happened at the Pearadyne Research Labs 15 years before, and also seem to be connected to Vaugh's father Victor Pearson, who Lucas, Marshall, Josie and Corinne view as the "bad guy." I also know that there's some guy, the Janitor, a purportedly strange individual, who lives in the basement on his own, and seems to know a lot about what's happening, but only ever gives the kids odd little hints about what's going on, never fully explaining things.

So I know the basic story, but I wondered if anyone here who who was a fan could fill me in on the characters and their relationships. I understand in the third season that there was a sort of triangle between Josie, Vaughn and Lucas, is that correct? Also, from things I've read, there's been speculation that Victor Pearson isn't actually the bad guy that Josie, Corinne, Lucas and Marshall think he is. Is there any truth to that? Is the Janitor to be trusted?

I also read that it's on hiatus, so does anyone know if there are plans to make any more episodes in the future?
From England as well, I don't think I will be able to help you that much but here are some websites regarding the show.

http://www.tvtome.com/StrangeDaysatBlakeHolseyHigh/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337539/

I don't know if they help at all.

If you have SKY I suspect it will be shown on Discovery Kids soon. Sadly i don't have Sky nor sky listing so I can't tell you accurately if that is the case - it may be sold to another broadcaster if it was seen as a ratings winner.

APK

Thanks, admin :D

I don't have SKY, unfortunately, as, if the show did air on Discovery Kids, I'd definitely watch it. But our TV doesn't have it.

On TV Tome, it said that the show has currently finished airing in the UK...but that's not to say that it won't be repeated, of course. I'm holding out hope that one of the "terrestrial" channels might buy it, as it sounds a really good programme.

D

Deleted member 1693

I used to love that show when I was younger! I've watched almost every single episode. It only airs on Discovery Kids in the United States as far as I know.

The janitor was my favorite character. He was so mysterious...