I need some verification...

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
So, it's pretty obvious that switched kids that they use for Jamie, between the 5th and 6th season I think. I love the kid they use for Jamie now, but I digress...

I was watching "Malcolm's Job" (season 5) in which Hal is betting on Jamie (the previous Jamie, not the new one) in all those competitions the fathers are having with their babies, and I swear one of the other babies was the kid that they use for Jamie now. I haven't gotten to watch again to check, though. I could be crazy. But, next time you watch that episode, keep an eye open and check it out for me. I mean, it wouldn't be too far fetched for them to switch to a different baby that they had had on the set before. Anyway, let me know if I am crazy or totally awesome. Those are your only two choices.

admin

Retired Administrator
Garbage Kills Megan said:
So, it's pretty obvious that switched kids that they use for Jamie, between the 5th and 6th season I think. I love the kid they use for Jamie now, but I digress...

I was watching "Malcolm's Job" (season 5) in which Hal is betting on Jamie (the previous Jamie, not the new one) in all those competitions the fathers are having with their babies, and I swear one of the other babies was the kid that they use for Jamie now. I haven't gotten to watch again to check, though. I could be crazy. But, next time you watch that episode, keep an eye open and check it out for me. I mean, it wouldn't be too far fetched for them to switch to a different baby that they had had on the set before. Anyway, let me know if I am crazy or totally awesome. Those are your only two choices.
Hmm, I hadn't noticed that before, I shall go back and check if you are correct. - Very well spotted if you are correct.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
So, I watched the episode again and I'm almost positive that the baby that plays Jasmine in that episode is the baby that they now use for Jamie. Once I get photoshop installed on my computer I'll be able to post a screen shot.

Jimmy Junior

Garbage Kills Megan said:
Maybe the other baby was hard to work with or something, or the parents didn't want to do it anymore. The new baby is way cuter.
In reference to a previous discussion, it may have been because the old Jamie was started to look nothing like the rest of the family (maybe he had ginger hair or something) whereas I reckon 'New Jamie' looks a bit like Hal.

MITM18

The season 5 Jamie was around an infant/1 years of age while the season 6 Jamie was around 2/3 years old.

They did this for story telling reasons than anything.