Bryan Cranston (Hal) as Lucifer in 'Fallen' [Trailer] [Update]

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Front Page Post

As was reported last year Bryan Cranston (Hal) will have a devilish turn this august in the 2nd and 3rd part of ABC's Fallen trilogy. Quite a role change from Hal! But as many will know Bryan has shown he is very much a multi-talented actor. He plays Lucifer alongside Aaron Corbett (Paul Wesley) the half-angel. Check out the trailer and behind the scene clips below.

[See Front Page Post for 2 Videos]

Gallery Images

Airs on ABC Family, August 3, 4 and 5. At 8/7 central.

Official Site

Last edited:

Ryebeach

Thanks for the info, TJ. I'd yet to see the clips. Looks pretty good and it'll be nice to see Bryan in a role vastly different from Hal on MITM. Also, with his upcoming AMC series, he's showing us once again just how versatile an actor he truly is.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Bryan Cranston (Hal) 'Fallen' Extras

Following up on our previous post on Bryan's role as Lucifer on ABC's Fallen: The trilogy has now aired but here is a behind the scenes video of Bryan in a sword fight.

[See Front Page Post for Video]

MediaBlvd> What was working with Bryan Cranston like?
[Paul Wesley who plays Aaron Corbett, the lead] When I first heard that he was going to be playing Lucifer, I was a little bit surprised because he comes across as such a nice, funny, comedic guy. I’m a fan of his work, but I was like, “Okay, that’s a humorous take on the devil.” But then, after working with him, I learned that he’s such a great dramatic actor. It was a pleasure. I really learned a lot from him. I thought the scenes we did were really powerful, and I think he delivered. His approach was really interesting. He didn’t play the devil in a stereotypical way. He was very compassionate as Lucifer. I thought he was very likable. As an actor, he really came through for us. I think most actors would have played Lucifer with that evil grin and that demeanor, and I think it would have been much less interesting.
Source: MediaBlvd

[Author Tom Sniegoski who wrote the book series upon which Fallen is based]“I didn’t really mind it when I was watching it,” he went on to add about the Lucifer portrayal in the films. “It was interesting, it was fun, and I liked the way they wrapped things up. But I felt that by making Lucifer the villain, the whole point of the book series was gone just in that portrayal of that character.” However, Sniegoski was very pleased with the choice of Bryan Cranston (Malcom In The Middle) to portray Lucifer. “I read that in Variety. I kind of sat for a minute and thought about it. It’s obvious that he’s a very good actor from Malcolm.” But Tom did end up having to defend that choice to his friends. “Now that I’ve seen it, I can back it up even more. When you first see the character, he’s very nice and fatherly. I thought that was a wonderful take on the character,” he said.
Source: MediaBlvd

Last edited: