Guest stars in MitM

Malcolm

I have seen Christopher Lloyd, Susan Sarandon and Dakota Fanning as guest stars in Malcolm in the Middle.
What other famous stars have been in the series?

news1w2.jpg

Emrysgirl

Howie Long, Heidi Klum, Terry Bradshaw : they were in the same ep Susan Sarandon was in. I think it's called Company Picnic.

Also, I recently spotted Laverne from Scrubs (although she's not famous).:D

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
Cristina Ricci and Tom Green were also in the Company Picnic episode. I was wondering why that episode had so many guest stars. I found out later that it played after the Super Bowl.

daniel1985

Speaking of Scrubs, the character Ted from that show has just appeared in the new episode "Buseys Take a Hostage". He played the guy from the Homeowners' Association.
But coming to think of it, I can't remember there being very many famous guest stars on the show. I wonder if that's intentional?
I think it's a good thing. If you think about shows like Will & Grace and Ally McBeal where they have a guest star on almost every show. And I'm not talking about any old celebrity guests. I saw an advert for Will & Grace on TV not long ago advertising that Elton John would be on it. I think it really spoils a show to glam it up so much. Not that I really care in this case, I personally think shows like that are awful.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
yes i also realized that Ted from scrubs was in the last episode, but afterwards i wasn't sure anymore...
Thanks for affirming it

Emrysgirl

A bit off topic but, another connection b/w SCRUBS and MitM:
I watched part of a "The Practice" ep where the district attorney was Jane Kaczmarek and the defense attorney was played by the guy who plays Perry Cox.
I'm so glad; I love both shows.:D

Emrysgirl

Oh...I was just looking at the Polly in the Middle thread and remembered...Reggie Jackson (Ok, I lie;). I actually remembered while watching a baseball game today. Well, remembered to post:D)

SaD_bUt_TrUe16

wow, scrubs and mitm r connected... that's awesome cuz i luv both shows...

but idk if dakota fanning counts as a guest star cuz it was before she was famous...but in that same ep there was the kid from joan of arcadia (he plays joan's younger brother)...ummm... i'm not very good w/ guest stars tho... i dont remember that many...

ahelm13

I don't know if these people are really famous but they've been in very famous movies.

Polly is Julie Hagerty was Elaine in Airplane!, which AFI called a top 5 comedy movie

Otto is Kenneth Mars who played Franz on The Producers which has gone full circle from movie to hit Broadway show back to a movie and is the first and probably best work of Mel Brooks

Ida is Cloris Leachman who has been in many Mel Brooks movie including Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety, and History of the World Part I and was a supporting character on the very popular Mary Tyler Moore show.

Two characters from the Golden Girls have been on Malcolm. Betty White, who was also Mary Tyler Moore was on the Victor's Other Family episode and Bea Arthur was on the Waterpark episode.

Merrin Dungey who played Malcolm's teacher in the pilot and then Stevie's mom is a regular on two current TV series, Summerland and Alias.

Laurie Metcalf who played Lois' sister Susan was also Roseanne's sister.

Jason Alexander of Seinfeld fame and currently on Listen Up played the Chess player on Future Malcolm.

Christopher Lloyd of Back to the Future was on the Family Reunion episode.

And of course the whole slew of people on the company picnic episode most of which have already been mentioned.

Emrysgirl

Otto! Of course, you're right. But I didn't really count him as a guest star b/c even though he's listed as one, he appears regularly for 2 seasons. I aslo saw him on an ep of Becker recently (I don't really watch that much TV:D, I just catch odd shows.)