MITMVC 'Fan Video' Contest!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Official MITMVC Contest: Fan Video

How to Enter

Create a MITM based video, it can be about anything related to MITM. It could be clips from episodes, photos and music, original footage, you talking about the show, music-video, lip syncing (!) - anything really.

I don't really want to limit length but as YouTube.com limits to 10mins and as this is the best place to upload (for this purpose) that is the best idea. But if you want to do over 10mins go ahead and we will sort something out.

You can enter as many times as you like (however note below)

Prize

All entered videos will be put to a forum poll. The top 2 videos will win joint first prize. However the same person cannot win twice.

First prize will get you a bunch of reputation points, a forum medal and your video will be featured both in a front page post and have a spot in the front page sidebar - you can see where it will be - go to the front page and scroll down to see 'Fan Videos' - coming soon. It will look like the other videos above.

Even if you don't win just for entering your video will be featured on a special 'Fan Video' page of the site - which will be coming soon.

The front page is view around 200-300 times a day (and rising) so your video will be seem by lots of people.

DEADLINE: extended to October

Notes

You can enter whoever you are - a brand new or long-time member.

You can submit old or new videos you have made.

As I have said I recommend you use YouTube.com for uploading your videos they can then be displayed in the forum. When uploading please put a note in the description "MITMVC Contest"

Even if you are new to making videos it can be pretty simple. You can download seasons 2-4 episodes if you want clips and windows users can use Windows Movie Maker which is simple to use.

Example

Here is a Fan Video I made a while back (more than 2 years) Using Windows Movie Maker - Its not great or very exciting/original but gives you an idea of what can be done quite easily.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask in this thread.

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Really great - well done! But music was Sum 41 - In Too Deep not TMBG. - Oh i see you've noticed that over at youtube description.

reese35

I've made my share over the years, so I'll select my best.

And yes, all 3 of my tribute videos, 2 of which most of you already know.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

m_dro_2007

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WbJzaxsFAyU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WbJzaxsFAyU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Wow, great job everyone. Looks like we have some talent here. I look forward to seeing everyone's videos. This should be a great contest!

I made a tribute to reese video awhile back with most of my favorite Reese moments. I'll go ahead and post it here since this is a fan video thread, but I'm withdrawing it from entry in the contest since I'm a staff member.

Last edited:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Make sure you have the DivX codec installed; I believe movie maker will work with Divx as long as you have the codec and that's how pretty much all the eps are encoded. www.divx.com

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Yep I have that already.

TJ - The files are .avi format.

That's strange. .avi files should open fine in Windows Moview Maker. Can you view the files in the regular way ok (like in Windows Media Player?) When you try to work with them in Movie Maker are you importing them, or just trying to open them? You have to go to "file > import into collections" to work with the clips. If you're doing that and everything else is ok, i'm not sure what the problem could be.. :confused1:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's especially strange since Movie Maker should be able to work with any file Media Player can read. You've boggled me; anyone else have any ideas?

PBUNDY

I hope this isn't completely off topic, but does anyone know of any other programs besides Windows Movie Maker for making videos? I have Windows Movie Maker, but it's really slow and it freezes up on me too much. Eventually I just get frusterated and exit.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Free programs? The only other thing I know of that's free is iMovie, but that's for Mac OS. If you're willing to pay, Pinnacle Studio is my personal favorite. They just put out version 11, which means you can either get a really good deal on 10 or get a few new features in 11.

RaposaNegra

Sony Vegas is also very good... and pinnacle too... but I prefer to work with Movie Maker since it's lighter... Pinacle Studio asks too much from your computer...

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's true, especially the newer versions. If you have an older computer or want to get something even cheaper, check out Studio version 8 or 9. You should be able to find some real good deals on these programs and they really are still much more powerful than anything free like Movie Maker. I've never had success personally with Vegas, but I'm glad some of you are.