Malcolm in the Middle on Family Guy! [Video]

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Front Page Post

Watch the clip HERE

Malcolm in the Middle was featured on the animated TV show Family Guy (which is often referred to as a ‘Dysfunctional Family’ like the Wilkersons). The episode titled I Take Thee, Quagmire aired March 12, 2006 (Season 4 Episode 21) and the Malcolm in the Middle scene was (in usual Family Guy style) unrelated to the rest of the episode and played as Brian (the Family Guy dog) is watching TV.

Bryan Cranston voiced the animated Hal, however Seth MacFarlane the series creator said in the DVD commentary for the episode that Jane Kaczmarek was asked to do the voice as she was the original actor in the series, however she refused. MacFarlane said that he gets a message that Kaczmarek wishes to portray that character as likeable, and does not wish to jeopardize that.

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/2008/03/12/malcolm-in-the-middle-on-family-guy-video/
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone see the new Family Guy that came on earlier? If not, Brian(the dog) was watching tv and, of all things, MITM was on!:D It's really funny, the boys(Malcolm, Reese, and Dewey) and Hal are sitting at the table eating dinner and Lois is standing there yelling at them about something. After a few seconds of it, Hal calmly gets up, goes to the fridge, breaks off the freezer door, walks up behind Lois, and whacks her across the head with it! The boys are sitting there stunned until Hal says,"Boys....were free...WERE FREE!" Hal and the boys then go out the door and walk down the street into the sunset. It was so funny!:D Also, it's really cool because Bryan Cranston was actually doing Hal's voice on the show! I thought that was neat! I wish they got Jane to do Lois's voice, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Re: MITM on Family Guy!

I saw it, it was pretty good. Nice to see MITM recoginsed.

Last edited:

Tyno

Malcolm-France

I didn't see this ep yet, but I watched the video. It's so funny! Anyway, Family Guy is really a great show, so funnier than The Simpsons !

And I was thinking... It could be the actual end of Malcolm in the Middle ! :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator

Great Clip!! :p:p

I think they portrayed MITM very well, and even made a bit fun of Frankie and his pimple problem... :D

samboo1

Cool, thanks for telling us that Tony:) It is good to see MITM being recognized as much to be featured in another show.:cool:

Hal-n-Lois

Hey, I love Lois. Family Guy better step off (leave Lois alone) or I'm going have to put 'em in their place.:Angry: :D Just like Hal and the boys put those clowns in place. :D Seriously, the Hal I know and love is head over heels in love with Lois and he and the boys wouldn't last two seconds without her. :) Their relationship is what got me hooked on the show.:cool: Love my MITM.

Thanks for the info, Tony. :)
Ciao!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Thanks for the info Tony and thanks for the link TJ. I don't really care for family guy, but that was funny. They did a pretty good job with the animation for them too.

Welcolme to the forums Hal-N-Lois! We look forward to reading more thoughts from you. You're right, Hal would never do anything like that to Lois (I couldn't blame him if she was really like the way they made her seem in the cartoon though. :D ) Feel free to pm me, yardgames or J. if you have any questions about anything. :)

Hal-n-Lois

Thanks for the warm welcome, Wildcat. I'm very happy to be here and I look forward to chatting with all of you. :)

Amigo22

Super Moderator

I went to watch the clip but it was taking too long to load so I just closed it.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Here is a screeencap if you're wondering how they looked and don't want to bother with the clip. Everyone looks okay, but Malcolm. He looks kinda weird. :D The background really looks a lot like their kitchen.

fg19qh.jpg

Amigo22

Super Moderator

Thanks for the screencap :) They did a great job of the kitchen background and the family, although Reese and Malcolm should be switched - Reese looks like Malcolm and they've given Malcolm Reese's hairstyle.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

Amigo22 said:
Thanks for the screencap :) They did a great job of the kitchen background and the family, although Reese and Malcolm should be switched - Reese looks like Malcolm and they've given Malcolm Reese's hairstyle.

When I saw this on Family Guy the other night I thought the exact same thing. But still, nice to see MITM regonized on another show!:D And like I said, Bryan Cranston did Hal's voice for that part so that's real cool!

rzombie1988

Which one is malcolm and which one is reese in the screencap? I'm guessing the one with the button down shirt is malcolm and the one in the orange is reese?