The actual house location.

wando

i am going to los angeles on 17th may, so i bought a book on things to do and see there.
after reading the first page, it mencioned the house location.

the house is at:
12334 Cantura Street - "dinky" two bedroomed house sold for $479,000 and the producers pay $3,000 to $4,000 a day to film there. the current owners have earned over $100,000.

so now i have found the address, i am determined to go there, and if i get any pictures i will post them when i return on 1st june.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
LOL so it's actual address is 12334? Now that's interesting. Looking forward to hearing about your vacation--have fun. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
That's cool your gonna see the house! Take a digital camera if you can and snap some shots of the house you can post on here.:)

ReMoss85

Anybody know the name of the city the house is in? I'm trying to see an aerial view of the house at a website but it needs the city name.

ReMoss85

Nevermind, I got it. So it is either the one above or below the dot. I assume the one below because the driveway and backyard look pretty much the same. Cool.

malcolmhouse0hb.png

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
That's cool. Thanks for the aerial shot, Remoss. I agree, I think it could be the house below and to the left of the dot too. That angled area on the back left of the house looks like it could possibly be their patio area like in this screencap from Bomb Shelter. Only, if that is the house, it looks like the roof is a different color in the Bomb Shelter pic and it looks bigger than it seems on TV. (Are they using actual house's backyard or a studio stage in season 7? I think I read that the outside scenes are still filmed on location.)

bs52.jpg

ReMoss85

Now that I look at it closer, I'm not so sure I'm seeing all the trees along the street that are always so visible in the show. But it does almost looks like there are shadows on the street but nothing casting them. And it doesn't look like winter so the leaves should be there. Hmm.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
@ Remoss - the pic could be old; it could have been taken before the other trees were planted.

@ Wando - that's awesome that you'll be able to go and see the house!

@ Sam - yep, it is 12334 - isn't it on the door or something? I can't remember the ep I saw it in but I know I've seen it.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
That is so cool. Im really jelous.

You wont be able to go inside cuase its a privtae house, but at least you can look at it from the outside.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Ok, I changed my mind. I don't think it's the right house. Here is a slightly different sat view (flipped around with more of the backyard) that I got on Google Earth. In addition to all the trees not being there, the shape of the house just isn't consistent with the one we see on the show. And there seems to be a hill in the background in the screencaps. Sorry, I tend to over-analyze things. Must be why I like science. :D I guess Wando will just have to confirm for us when he goes.

house3.jpg

house1.JPG
house2.JPG

simon_4420

Yeah you are so luckly!

From that second picture that wildcat posted, I think it is the second house in on the left. The front matches the pictures with a slight "L" shape. It hard to tell, maybe the new owners have had some building work done..:D So just have to wait for Wando to tell us which one it is:D

Alfista Junior

Mmh, the street could easily be the right one. But it's sure it is not the actual one that google map has marked.

I did some searches last night. I googled the the address, and I got the following information: this house is said to belong to a company which works in the field of movies. I don't remember it, I was too tired I guess..

wando

i am pretty sure that it is a private house, that was rented by the studio. i do hope however that i do find it, as i will be gutted, and i will search all i can to find it!!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
wando said:
i am pretty sure that it is a private house, that was rented by the studio. i do hope however that i do find it, as i will be gutted, and i will search all i can to find it!!

Good luck Wando I hope you find it too--so you will get to see it and so you can clear up this confusion. :D I agree with Alfista Junior, I think it's the right street, but the google map has the house marked wrong. Actually now I'm starting to think that it's the one beside the one that google marked (the 2nd from the right on the sat view above). The shape and roof color are similiar to the screencaps and it has the trees in the front yard. I have no idea what that structure is in the back yard though. Maybe it's just an addition or something that we never saw on camera or that the new owners have added.

Alfista Junior

I'm going to rewatch the pilot, we see the houses along the street. Maybe it could help.

Yardgames, I think it's too big to be the nursery.