Submit Your Farewell Message for the Cast of MITM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Sadly, there’s only a few more months of MITM left. Here’s your chance to tell the cast how much you’ve enjoyed their performances over the past seven years. We have discussed it and decided to create token of appreciation to send to them—much like the birthday card that we sent to Justin. This time, it’s going to be in the form of a booklet, rather than a giant card. Reese35 has created the cover for the booklet, which can be seen here.

Each member will be permitted to submit One half of a standard 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. This way you will not be limited to one or two lines for those of you who wish to write a slightly longer message (because it will be for the entire cast.)

Time is of the essence since the cast is currently in the process of shooting the final episodes of MITM! We have estimated that they will actually only be on the set for about 6 more weeks. Therefore, it is extremely important that you submit your message as soon as possible.

The deadline for submissions is currently February 5

IMPORTANT: The guidelines for submissions are as follows:

• You may submit a message as long as you are an active member with a positive rep count. We consider an active member as someone who has at least 10 quality posts.
  • Your message can be typed or handwritten (if you have access to a digital camera or scanner.) You may also wish to include a favorite quote, verse, or something similiar along with your message. It’s completely up to you what to write/include. As long as...(see next)
  • Your message must fit on one half of a standard 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper (that’s 21.6 by 27.9 cm for you guy on the metric system.) If you just want to say a couple lines that don’t fill up a half page—no problem! It can be as small as you want.
  • Along with your message can submit a small picture or a piece of MITM related artwork created by you (maybe a forum sig., drawing, or something like that?) I would like to reinforce that this is a small picture. Use reasonable judgment. I would also like to request that your actual message has a white background. (Sorry for all the restrictions, but printer ink is very expensive…especially when you’re a poor student. :D )
  • If you do your message in a word processor, send it in either .doc (word document) or .rtf (rich text format) or convert it .pdf format. If it is an image, send it in .jpg format.
Here's an example of something that I threw together in Word in about 5 minutes just to give you an idea of what to do. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Re: Submit Your Farewell Message to the Cast of MITM

Ill be honored to send them a message. Since my scanner and such doesn't work, I would love it if someone can take the message I post here and put it on the booklet/card.

Guys and gals, thanks for the great memories of MITM. Thank you Linwood Boomer for creating the show, and thank you Frankie,Bryan,Jane,Justin,Erik,and Chris for bringing the show to life. Also thanks to the whole crew. It was a great seven seasons. God bless and be with all of you forever.
Love, Tony "tony_montana"

If someone will put my message on the card, it would be appreciated. :)

theblinddevil

First of all, i love the possible front cover :D. A booklet is a great idea too. I will try and get something submitted but half a page seems a lot to fill, but i don't know there is still lots of time for me to think about it. As usual i will probably be one of the last people to submit it. But whatever i do i will definatly try and submit something.

I would just like to say thank you in advance for all the hard work Wildcat and whoever else involved will be putting into it, i'm sure it will be as great as the card :D

allison

Wow, that´s such a great idea and your cards look really good Wildcat and reese35! I don´t know how to do these things (adding a picture and stuff) but I´ll do my best and try to submit something within the next 2 weeks. I´m sure the cast members will appreciate it as you can see that you put a lot of effort into that. ;) :D

Wemboy

Here's mine, i think it's just within the limit. There's so much to say!
EDIT: OK, i just tried to check it, and it's just displaying something from the computer services dept. at uni. Christina, can you let me know if it's readable, and if not, i'll just copy into a post, and then you can print it off or soemthing. It's probably some kind of dumbass security issue, and i don't know how to fix it. Thanks a lot.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Wemboy said:
Here's mine, i think it's just within the limit. There's so much to say!
EDIT: OK, i just tried to check it, and it's just displaying something from the computer services dept. at uni. Christina, can you let me know if it's readable, and if not, i'll just copy into a post, and then you can print it off or soemthing. It's probably some kind of dumbass security issue, and i don't know how to fix it. Thanks a lot.

No, it's not letting me see it. Word asked me to install some kind of special converter, but even then it couldn't read it. All I can make out is The University of Liverpool surrounded by a bunch of computer languange so yeah, it could be a security issue.

Did you close the document in word before you uploaded it? Sometimes I'll get those funny file names (beginning with a $) if I try to upload an open document. If that's the case try it again, if not just try copying it into a post. Hope this helps!

Dear Jane, Bryan, Justin, Frankie, Erik, James and Lukas: You have given us an amazing six years of non-stop fun (Malcolm in the Middle) and this is the least i can give you for giving us all such enjoymemt. We enjoy the program so much, we come to the MitMVC which tells us everything we want to know. All i wan't to say is thank you ever so much for all this and more and i wish you good luck in the future because you never know what it will hold.

From MalcolmReeseDewey

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I'm sorry MalcolmReeseDewey, only members with postive rep can submit a message for the card. If you can increase your rep and get off probation before we send it, your message will be included.

reese35

OK, so what does this make now - 2? 2?! Let me put this as nice and as calm a way as I possibly can. We only got 3 more days, and we still have 2 messages. Not trying to be mean, but we gotta keep this going! If we don't get 8 messages by Saturday, we're done. Now, if you're like me and you don't want this project to get scrapped, we both know what has to happen. But let me make this clear.

WRITE AND SEND IN YOUR MESSAGES A.S.A.P!

Forgive me if I sound mean, but I do want this to happen.

reese35

OK, how's this - Anyone can post their message on this forum or PM me. They can recommend a pic that they want in the message. I'll do their message by PDF or JPEG, but if they don't mention their choice, it's PDF. I guarantee same day service, or you can razz about me until the series is over! :p But seriously, I'll have your message ready in 12 hours or less! Count on that!

allison

@reese35:

Sorry, I really want to submit a message, but I´m (and maybe other members, too) quite busy right now and I thought the deadline is february 5th. I´m sure people want to take part in this project and will submit their messages in time.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Since quite a few members seem to be busy this week, I have decided to lift the 10 sig requirement by this weekend for sending the card. I would really like for us to have 15-20 sigs/messages on the booklet since it is a representation of our community, but even if that is not the case I will put it together and send it anyway. Those of you who sent something in deserve to have your messages heard. The final deadline still stands at February 5th since they will only be on the set until mid-March. So send in your sigs ASAP.

Reese35 has generously offered to liven up and format your text message with a picture. So pm him if you're interested!

Oh yeah, Here's mine! :D

allison

Okay, I wrote my message now. :D I don´t know if it´s good and could somebody please tell me if I made any grammar or spelling mistakes? :eek: :D

Dear Frankie, Erik, Justin, Jane, Bryan and Chris:
Thanks for 7 years of fun and great entertainment! It really makes me sad to see this wonderful show go. You can tell that everyone put so much effort into it and it shows in every single episode. It´s amazing how people on the show developed and how everyone of you made us realize that there is much more to their character than it first appeared.
During the last 7 years we learned that Lois is actually just a caring mother who only has a strange way to show it, that people like Reese who bully other kids all the time maybe are good people at heart and just look for a true friend and that even juvenile delinquents can turn into responsible adults. Thanks for that, Jane, Justin and Chris!
It was surprising to see Dewey become another genius after he had made us laugh for so many years as the mysterious little brother. It was funny to see Hal get obsessed with stuff and Malcolm struggle for a life as a “normal” teenager.
But the most amazing thing was the fact that you managed to show us that each family member (despite their numerous fights) cared for the other ones in their own special way.

I wish you all the best of luck for all your future endeavours!

Tessa a.k.a Allison
Munich, Germany

Reese: I don´t take geography!
Malcolm: Yes, you do. You´ve got a grade in it
Reese: Oh, that can´t be good.

~Tutoring Reese

@Christina:
It´s funny, I wanted to write the exact same quote as you, before I came here and saw that you were quicker. :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Very nice messages Tessa and Ralph! Thanks for submitting them. We have 6 now. That's a start! :)

@Tessa--sorry for taking your quote. :eek: What are the odds that both of us would think of the same one! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.