PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm has been cancelled !

Tyno
Jan 17, 2006, 04:00 PM
fox.jpgBad, bad news... The 7th season will be the last for Malcolm in the Middle. Indeed, the Fox has just announced that the show was cancelled. The Series Finale will be aired May 14th. :(

Wildcat
Jan 17, 2006, 04:03 PM
Awww, man. That sucks. :( I was kind of expecting it though so it's not too much of a shock. At least it will go out on a fairly high note. I think this season has been better than the last. It was great while it lasted! :( Thanks for the info. Moving to news and announcements.

samboo1
Jan 17, 2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, i was expecting it...too bad though, of course ill miss it.:(

Anyway, thanks for the news Tyno.:)

NeCoHo
Jan 17, 2006, 04:07 PM
Don't cry everyone, we all knew it was coming...

At least it's offical now.

theblinddevil
Jan 17, 2006, 04:11 PM
I guess we did know it was coming.. still a bit of a disapointment though. Well atleast we can still hope for dvds.

simon_4420
Jan 17, 2006, 04:59 PM
I'm not upset about this, I was kind of hoping this would be the last Season. I know that sounds bad, so let me explain.

I would really hate to see the show that I love become something that I can't stand to watch anymore. Season 7 (from what I've watched) is going so well and I would be much happier if MITM went out still being a hit show, rather than something that just drags until eventually its pulled in the middle of a series. When you think about it, it's good for the cast too. Each one of them has got lots out of MITM and I bet they are kind of relieved at FOX's decision to cancel the show, as they can now look back at watch they have created and venture into new projects (which they kind of are).

Also out of the 7 seasons (so far) there has been lots of storys lines and events happening to each of the characters. Should they have got another season I would imagine we would start to see things repeated, just with different characters. That would just make the show harder to watch and still enjoy it.

I have to admit that even though I had expected it and kind of wanted it to end, I am abit sad. I just hope they hurry up and bring out a boxset soon after season 7 ends. And I hope they end season 7 really well!:D

yardgames
Jan 17, 2006, 05:11 PM
OH MY GOD You scared me here!!!! I thought you meant it was canceled and Bride of Ida was the last episode we would ever see. Woo, ok over that now. :D I too have been assuming that season seven is the last for MITM. I guess it's probably for the best, but it's still sad. Never again will we have the thrilling season premiere after a 4 month hiatus. I'm certainly going to miss it, but I think there's lots we can all still take away from it. And I'm glad to have found other people who are just as big of fans of series as I am. (meaning all of you who post here everyday. :))

Just because new shows are done doesn't mean the show will just end, either. We'll have, what, 150 episodes (?) that we can watch and enjoy for the rest of our lives. Sooner or later, they'll release the DVDs. :D (we can hope.) The last episode is going to be a very, very sad evening.

Wildcat
Jan 17, 2006, 05:26 PM
I guess it's probably for the best, but it's still sad. Never again will we have the thrilling season premiere after a 4 month hiatus. I'm certainly going to miss it, but I think there's lots we can all still take away from it. And I'm glad to have found other people who are just as big of fans of series as I am. (meaning all of you who post here everyday. :))

Just because new shows are done doesn't mean the show will just end, either. We'll have, what, 150 episodes (?) that we can watch and enjoy for the rest of our lives. Sooner or later, they'll release the DVDs. :D (we can hope.) The last episode is going to be a very, very sad evening.

Damnit Sam, don't go getting all sentimental on me. I'm going to be really mad if you all make me cry on May 14. :D

yardgames
Jan 17, 2006, 05:28 PM
I'm sure we'll all be crying on May 14th. :D It's like, I've been guessing since late season 4 or season 5 that seven would be it. And it's been a great run--the best show that ever has been or will be on TV. But, still, it's like, when you know for sure it's ending. There's a strange sense of nastalgia.

I think on May 14 I'm going to have an MITM marathon. Actually I'll prolly need all weekend, beginning Friday night. I'll watch every single episode and conclude with the finale. (actually, it would take approximately 54.6 hours to do that. Almost 2 and a half days. Maybe I won't do that after all.)

yardgames
Jan 17, 2006, 05:30 PM
And I'm sorry, but it is just goofy to have two threads discussing the exact same thing, except one is closed. I'm going to merge David's press release with this thread. Especially since they're both in News and Announcements. :)

admin
Jan 17, 2006, 05:46 PM
The point of mine was an important sticky with an actual press release which appears on the front page of our website. Tut tut.

yardgames
Jan 17, 2006, 05:57 PM
Yeah, yeah, tut, tut. Tyno's was already on the front page, and his gets more to the point anyhow. You read the concise info, then see Fox's long pretty version. Works great.

You undermine my moderation. Sometimes you're so weird David. :)

reese35
Jan 17, 2006, 06:14 PM
We all had a feeling it was coming. All we can do is pray that

It gets the send-off it deserves for seven glorious seasons, and
that the damn music rights get settled and we can finally get the DVDs we deserve. If there's one thing I won't live with after Mal's demise, it's second-rate episodes!Anyway, all I can say is, God bless Malcolm in the Middle.

Amigo22
Jan 17, 2006, 06:18 PM
OH MY GOD You scared me here!!!! I thought you meant it was canceled and Bride of Ida was the last episode we would ever see.

That's what I thought too from the thread title. Indeed it sucks that this is the last season, but we were all expecting it to be the last, and at least it's official now.

If they were to have more Seasons, though, they'd have to create whole new subplots for Malcolm and Reese, with it being their last year in High School this season - Malcolm would go to College so he would not be at home any more, and I don't know what they'd do with Reese. And then there's Jamie - it's a shame we won't get to see his character develop and him get subplots of his own. Because that would have been interesting, especially with the show being one subplot short with Francis having been written out except for the occasional episodes he appears in. Plus, the actors are getting older too, and the producers would have to take into account things like Dewey's voice breaking.

I have really enjoyed MITM and I will still continue to watch the episodes I've got after the show finishes. The show has done really well to make it this far, and it's great that it will end while it is still entertaining to watch. It will be interesting to see what they do for the Season Finale.

rzombie1988
Jan 17, 2006, 06:20 PM
This is horrible news.

Malcolm deserves to be kept on tv. MITM is THE best show on tv today. Theres not even anything that comes close to it.

For me MITM is more than just another show to me. It's a show I can relate to and even though it has outrageous stuff, it still makes more sense to me than other shows. I think there are so many more things that could be done with this show even though the actors are getting older. To me, it doesn't matter if the people on MITM are grown up or not, just the whole point of the show in general could go on forever if they wanted. It's really just not fair.

What are we going to do when MITM finally ends?:( :( :(

Wildcat
Jan 17, 2006, 06:20 PM
Tyno's was already on the front page, and his gets more to the point anyhow. You read the concise info, then see Fox's long pretty version. Works great.

I put this one in News and Announcements. Move it back to the Wilkerson Times if it bothers you having two similar threads here. :)

I kinda see David's point though. He wants his thread to stay stickied to the top as general info for visitors after this one gets pushed down when the hype is over. Plus that's just info, this is discussion. Not that I'm questioning your amazing mod skills or anything. What do I know? :D

Tyno
Jan 17, 2006, 06:21 PM
Well, one thing to say : the Series Finale better to be great ! :D
The 7th season is very good, so I hope that the last episode (a double-episode I guess) will be as great as the rest of the season (and the show ?).

MITM18
Jan 17, 2006, 06:34 PM
The award-winning comedy MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE, currently in its seventh season, will celebrate its series finale Sunday, May 14 on FOX. The penultimate episode will mark the series' milestone 150th.

MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE premiered Jan. 9, 2000, and catapulted this dysfunctional family into television history. The show, cast and crew went on to receive countless awards, nominations and accolades, including the prestigious Peabody Award, six Emmy Awards and a Grammy.

"FOX is proud to have been the home of this groundbreaking comedy," said Peter Liguori, President, Entertainment for FOX. "From its innovative production values to its exceptional writers and cast, this series has helped shape the modern sitcom. We'll miss this hilariously loud and manic - yet somehow relatable and admirable - family."

MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE revolves around five brothers hell-bent on causing trouble for their parents. Middle child MALCOLM (Frankie Muniz) is a regular high school kid trying to navigate his way through his home life and social life. Although Malcolm has a genius IQ, he can't seem to make sense of his family, which includes his outspoken, opinionated mom LOIS (Jane Kaczmarek); his dad HAL (Bryan Cranston), who's just a bumbling, big kid at heart; deviant brother REESE (Justin Berfield), who has a penchant for cooking up trouble; FRANCIS (Chris Masterson), the oldest brother, who's willing to move anywhere - as long as it keeps him from moving home; covertly sly DEWEY (Erik Per Sullivan); and toddler JAMIE (Lukas and James Rodriguez), the youngest member - and scapegoat - of the family.

MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE continues to feature the signature elements that made it a hit, including talking to viewers, single-camera lunacy, flashbacks and no laugh track. Over the years, the series has hosted numerous award-winning guest stars, including Cloris Leachman, Bea Arthur, Susan Sarandon, Bradley Whitford, Rosanna Arquette, Heidi Klum, Magic Johnson, Christina Ricci, Howie Long, Terry Bradshaw, Jason Alexander and Jesse Jackson.

MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE is a Regency Television production created by Linwood Boomer and executive-produced by Matthew Carlson. Gary Murphy, Michael Glouberman, Alex Reid, Rob Ulin, Eric Kaplan and Jay Kogen serve as co-executive producers and Linwood Boomer serves as a consultant.

reese35
Jan 17, 2006, 06:37 PM
Well, no one can say it won't be a triple-episode, like "Reese Joins the Army"/"Reese Comes Home." Only then, it was a 5th season cliffhanger, 6th season return.

tjpeople
Jan 17, 2006, 06:48 PM
Sorry MITM18 your too late, thats allready posted!

I had the same shock as sam - i was happy or not so happy more like on the edge of my seat wathcing the 3 ep of new 24 and up popped an email with the title fox cancels malcolm. and i thought the worst! it had crossed my mind they they potentially could, but would not have thought they would mid season - but its been done.

Sad but not unexpected.

1 question im sure off how far in advcane do they film episodes?

NeCoHo
Jan 17, 2006, 07:07 PM
One more question:

Will we still have these forums after MITM is cancelled?

yardgames
Jan 17, 2006, 07:21 PM
Well, I have my own question. Someone mentioned the last ep is a 2-parter. 2-parter as in hour-long send-off or split into two separate weeks?

And I have an answer to J's question. David's subscription on the Cybersplat servers ends every November. He barely had enough money to pay the bill last year and no longer needs the domain for his web-design business, as he's going to concentrate on school when he moves to university next fall. Therefore, for the forums to survive, you all need to keep them active and perhaps donate a bit here or there to good ol' Davey Boy.

tjpeople
Jan 17, 2006, 07:22 PM
Thats a silly questions - yes we will!

(david has said in the past)

tjpeople
Jan 17, 2006, 07:33 PM
Well, I have my own question. Someone mentioned the last ep is a 2-parter. 2-parter as in hour-long send-off or split into two separate weeks?

And I have an answer to J's question. David's subscription on the Cybersplat servers ends every November. He barely had enough money to pay the bill last year and no longer needs the domain for his web-design business, as he's going to concentrate on school when he moves to university next fall. Therefore, for the forums to survive, you all need to keep them active and perhaps donate a bit here or there to good ol' Davey Boy.

- if i remeber rightly money wasnt an issue last time - ok he wanted to make some money but it wasnt a huge deal - also since when did he stop needing cybersplat for webdesigns? he just launched a new site.

If have allready offered bandwidth/webspace for the site so things like that shouldnt be a problem. The only reason the forums would die is if people stopped visiting.

tony_montana
Jan 17, 2006, 08:54 PM
Well, this is certainly sucky news. But to be honest, Im not sad at all. I think its great the show is going out with a great season. What you guys rather have-a show which goes on and on until people are really tired of it and it is cancelled OR a show that will end on a very high note with a great final season? I know my pick.
Alot of people get sad at the end of a show because they think that they will never see those actors they love so much. Thankfully for MITM, that is not the case. Frankie is a big actor in movies, so we know well see him. Bryan Cranston is now producing/directing, so well see him again. Justin Berfield will certainly keep acting and he even has his own damn production company (Justin's on a roll, if you ask me:D ). To tell you the truth, I am worried about what Jane Kazmarek is going to do. She was always one of my favs.
Im not going to lie, it sucks to see Malcolm go, but we were all expecting it and I am not sad about it at all. Im thankful we got to see seven great seasons. God be with all the cast and crew.:)

Wildcat
Jan 17, 2006, 10:43 PM
One more question:

I hope so. Even though the forum is for discussing MITM, the people here make it so much more than just a place to talk about a tv show. We've all sort of bonded and I would hate to think it will just be gone when the show ends. (Great, now I'm getting sentimental. :D )

samboo1
Jan 18, 2006, 02:57 AM
Do you think, that if the DVD's come out, that the other seasons wont have as many extras or anything? Coz if they do, like put them in talking about season 3 or something, it would be better if they actually looked as if they were from season 3...or maybe they have done that to save it for when they do come out...:confused:

cranstonfan
Jan 18, 2006, 03:32 AM
Speaking of the ensuing seasons 2-7 DVD sets, those will at least give us further MITM topics to discuss even if the series has ceased production, especially since FOX seems to be so slow in releasing them. Just a thought.

admin
Jan 18, 2006, 05:11 AM
One more question:

To answer the question, the forums will remain until November/December at least. If at that point there appears to be little interest in the forums and they are gradually dying off then they'll be closed, if they remain as active as they are now then they will remain open for as long as I can be bothered to fund them. At current advertising on the main VC is going extremly well, and my current projection is that it will easily earn enough for the forums. Since most of you are poor students, the way you can help is not to grumble when we have advertising campaigns! :D

We may find that since we are the larger of the MITM fansites, and the possibility of the FOX MITM forums closing, we will still gain members. Remember that it is only in the US that MITM has been cancelled. Many countries have not seen some of the later seasons, and many people will get hooked on reruns!

Amigo22
Jan 18, 2006, 06:07 AM
Remember that it is only in the US that MITM has been cancelled. Many countries have not seen some of the later seasons, and many people will get hooked on reruns!

Here in Australia they are airing Season 6 at the moment, I'm not sure when Season 7 will be shown but at least it will be a while before it ends here :)

NeCoHo
Jan 18, 2006, 06:11 AM
Lucky... :D

You have reassured me Davey Boy, thanks.

allison
Jan 18, 2006, 06:24 AM
I was expecting it, too, but still I´m a little sad. :( It´s good that the show will end on a high note, but I think I´ll miss it anyway. Malcolm in the middle 2000-2006 looks so sad...:( :rolleyes:
But I think it had a great run and we can always watch the old episodes.

Malcolm_Lover<3
Jan 18, 2006, 07:02 AM
I was expecting it to... but still i will miss it!
It's like when friends got canceled i was also happy that it ended in a high note but still...!:(
Its sad but i do hope the forum stays so we can still talk about it :)

Dabney
Jan 18, 2006, 09:25 AM
One word: Crap!

Okay, we all already expected this, and it is better if the show is canceled on a rather high niveau, but anyways this makes me totally sad. I mean, there are only few days left on which you look forward to seeing a brand new episode the whole day long...
Another cruel fact is that the day after the final show i'll have to do my A-levels in economics. I hope I'll be able to concentrate :(

ReMoss85
Jan 18, 2006, 10:46 AM
Sentimental time. How many people here have been with the show since January 9th, 2000? I remember watching on that Sunday and then being happy that they were re-airing it the following Tuesday so that I could tape it.

Also, when was Jesse Jackson on?

Kratos
Jan 18, 2006, 11:20 AM
That's both good and bad news, 7 seasons is the norm for most TV shows lately. Its got loads to look back on and enjoy. Frankly this last season is one of the worst so far, and its because they are older, lack of storylines. etc. So glad they arent gonna risk another season which could kill it.

We had a awesome 7 years and that's something I dont think any of us will forget. :)

Movies are always a option too you know...

Malcoholic
Jan 18, 2006, 11:54 AM
I'm more relieved than sad. The show is going to end with the dignity it deserves. I'm sure everyone involved in the show has accepted that this is the last season, and they are ending it on their own terms, with superbly written episodes and a deep commitment to qualilty from the directors and the cast. It's also time for the younger cast members especially to move on--I look forward to great things from these immensely talented guys.:)

han_keep_smilin
Jan 18, 2006, 12:26 PM
Hopefully there will be more coming from the actors maybe not togeather though:(

yardgames
Jan 18, 2006, 12:35 PM
Since most of you are poor students, the way you can help is not to grumble when we have advertising campaigns! I can tell that was aimed right at me. Maybe if you didn't have such distracting advertising campaigns! :D Anyway, I agree with most of you that it's good the show goes out on a high note. But it's like, it's like, you've known it was coming, but when it's confirmed, it's still sad and it still takes awhile for it to sink in. Doctors can say your father is dying in six months, but when he dies, it's still going to be hard to manage, and I think that's what we're experiencing right now. We can be glad and sad at the same time, and enjoy the last few episodes as much as we can. :)

reese35
Jan 18, 2006, 03:12 PM
Here in Australia they are airing Season 6 at the moment, I'm not sure when Season 7 will be shown but at least it will be a while before it ends here :)

What channel? Last I heard, Nine Network got it until they put it out.

theblinddevil
Jan 18, 2006, 03:28 PM
To answer the question, the forums will remain until November/December at least. If at that point there appears to be little interest in the forums and they are gradually dying off then they'll be closed, if they remain as active as they are now then they will remain open for as long as I can be bothered to fund them. At current advertising on the main VC is going extremly well, and my current projection is that it will easily earn enough for the forums. Since most of you are poor students, the way you can help is not to grumble when we have advertising campaigns! :D

We may find that since we are the larger of the MITM fansites, and the possibility of the FOX MITM forums closing, we will still gain members. Remember that it is only in the US that MITM has been cancelled. Many countries have not seen some of the later seasons, and many people will get hooked on reruns!
Ah, i'm glad the site will still be up. I would love to donate but "poor student" is exactly me. I guess i can help by clicking the ads... after unblocking them :D

Hey you removed them from the forums atleast. I think you should put google ads on (didn't you have those before?)

NeCoHo
Jan 18, 2006, 03:31 PM
Doctors can say your father is dying in six months, but when he dies, it's still going to be hard to manage, and I think that's what we're experiencing right now.

Well, what a nice comparison... :D

admin
Jan 18, 2006, 03:37 PM
Ah, i'm glad the site will still be up. I would love to donate but "poor student" is exactly me. I guess i can help by clicking the ads... after unblocking them :D

Hey you removed them from the forums atleast. I think you should put google ads on (didn't you have those before?)

We don't currently use google ads, its a mixture of hype council ads, which are the beautiful people/scrubs type campaigns and AdBrite ads found on the main VC. This are much better than Google as they produce more income per click.

yardgames
Jan 18, 2006, 03:41 PM
Well, what a nice comparison... :D
Sorry, the father of a friend of mine just passed away after a long fight with Lou Gehrigs Disease, so it was fresh in my mind.

simon_4420
Jan 18, 2006, 04:33 PM
I was justing thinking that as everyone has said some great things about the show and its cast, wouldn't it be kind of cool if we could pass it onto them. We could do a card in the same way as we have with Justin's B'day. Except that we all do a short message that thanks each cast member ( I was thinking of just the main 6 characters excluding Jamie). It could be a card per charactor, or just one big one for everyone, full of our sig's on behalf of the MITMVC. It/ they could be sent out after the 150th episode airs on 14th May. What does everyone else think?

I personally think it would be hard, but worth it, as there are plenty of members from the main VC aswell as from the forum that might be interested.

rzombie1988
Jan 18, 2006, 04:41 PM
Sentimental time. How many people here have been with the show since January 9th, 2000?

I've been hooked since that day.

tjpeople
Jan 18, 2006, 04:55 PM
Good idea Simon, maybe we could make a video or something as well a sorta video card cuase 1. it would be easier to send, and 2 wouldnt cost alot to porduce. 3 it would be easy to the share the final thing with the forums.

simon_4420
Jan 18, 2006, 04:59 PM
Good idea Simon, maybe we could make a video or something as well a sorta video card cuase 1. it would be easier to send, and 2 wouldnt cost alot to porduce. 3 it would be easy to the share the final thing with the forums.

Great idea TJ, what ideas does every else have as a way to thank the cast for their hard work in keeping us entertained??:D

yardgames
Jan 18, 2006, 04:59 PM
The only thing with a video card is we're then saying, "Look! We illegally used your copyrighted work! Thanks!" It's a good idea, indeed, Simon.

Amigo22
Jan 18, 2006, 05:55 PM
It's back on Nine except it's now on Saturday nights 6.30pm - 7.30pm.

osoq
Jan 18, 2006, 07:22 PM
Very sad news indeed allthough it came at an appropriate time. Seven seasons is ALOT of seasons, for one thing, and it's a pretty safe bet it will continue to run in syndication on other channels (and hopefully still at FOX's 12am and 1am timeslots :) )

But here's a cheers to MITM and the good it has done us. From the very first line of the first episode of the very first season through good moments, some low points, but we know it will end on a very high note! CHEERS!

--

And of course the news came just when I decided to rejoin the board.

Wildcat
Jan 18, 2006, 08:36 PM
And of course the news came just when I decided to rejoin the board.

That's okay, osoq. If you go back a couple pages, you'll see that we plan on still being here long after MITM is over. :)

Originally Posted by yardgames
Doctors can say your father is dying in six months, but when he dies, it's still going to be hard to manage, and I think that's what we're experiencing right now.

Well, that's just depressing. It already seems like someone has died every time I see MITM 2001-2006. It's like a tombstone. :(

I was justing thinking that as everyone has said some great things about the show and its cast, wouldn't it be kind of cool if we could pass it onto them. We could do a card in the same way as we have with Justin's B'day. Except that we all do a short message that thanks each cast member ( I was thinking of just the main 6 characters excluding Jamie). It could be a card per charactor, or just one big one for everyone, full of our sig's on behalf of the MITMVC. It/ they could be sent out after the 150th episode airs on 14th May. What does everyone else think?

Nice Idea, Simon. I think that we should try to do that. We would probalby want to send it out before May 14th because by then filming will be long over so the set will be gone. We have a good 2-3 months to pull it together if you all want to do it.

reese35
Jan 18, 2006, 09:48 PM
I created a banner for the occasion. I wanted to try it out on you guys first before using that as my sig come May.

yardgames
Jan 18, 2006, 10:39 PM
Man, where do you find the time to do this? :) And you used one of your logos. :) It's great, really is. Why not add a few more rows and have a picture of each actor from each season?

phatcorns
Jan 19, 2006, 07:53 AM
This is absolutely a good thing. Just look at what the Simpsons has become. It has ten more seasons than Malcolm, but guess what? Only the first 8 are good!

So don't fret, there will be lots more good shows like this. We just gotta enjoy the 7 we got. DVD's will come soon enough too, I'm sure.

Malcoholic
Jan 19, 2006, 11:18 AM
We have a good 2-3 months to pull it together if you all want to do it.
I wonder if we even have that long. Over on Justin Berfield's official message board, Justin posted a message on January 4 saying they had just six episodes left to shoot. I think they average about one episode per week; so, unless someone has more specific information, I don't think we should assume that the cast and crew are going to be together much longer than another month or so. I think the idea of sending something is great--at least, it would make us feel better! What I wonder about is how to make sure whatever we send gets into the right hands.

yardgames
Jan 19, 2006, 01:32 PM
Well, we send it to the same place I sent Justin's birthday card, which is right to the Malcolm in the Middle set. But instead of addressing it to Justin, we address it to The Malcolm in the Middle Cast. I'll make a thread if you guys wanna submit your sigs (again) and we can work through how we want to create this, unless someone has an idea better than a card.

theblinddevil
Jan 19, 2006, 04:02 PM
I created a banner for the occasion. I wanted to try it out on you guys first before using that as my sig come May.

Wow, i thought tjpeople's sig was big. Very nice though, i like it :D

reese35
Jan 19, 2006, 05:56 PM
Variation #2 - I added pics from season 1.

Wildcat
Jan 19, 2006, 07:40 PM
The attachment needs to be approved. ;)

yardgames
Jan 19, 2006, 08:36 PM
Sorry, taken care of now. When it shows up for you you don't always realize it says "Pending Approval." You just look at it. :D

SilentZ
Jan 20, 2006, 01:02 AM
I just found out today, and immediately wrote about it on my site:

http://www.jasonbrzoska.com/2006/01/albany-ny-nooooooooooo.html

I'm pretty bummed. I really hope DVDs are coming soon; I'm going to need my fix!

-Jason

osoq
Jan 22, 2006, 01:18 PM
That's okay, osoq. If you go back a couple pages, you'll see that we plan on still being here long after MITM is over. :)

Yup I know it's just that we're not going to be able to discuss new episodes or anything of that sort any more. All though there WILL be lots of other things to talk about, it's now been one of my favorite things about MitM episodes...to discuss them here!

The Coldwood
Jan 22, 2006, 04:46 PM
Someone ought to slap some sense into Rupert Murdoch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdock).

simon_4420
Jan 22, 2006, 05:12 PM
Just reading about Rupert Murdoch, maybe slapping him wouldn't be such a good idea, lol, what a powerful man!

The Coldwood
Jan 22, 2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah, but to cancel a perfectly good show like Malcolm in the Middle is just wrong.

simon_4420
Jan 22, 2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah, but to cancel a perfectly good show like Malcolm in the Middle is just wrong.

Don't get me wrong I totally agree with you:D . Welcome to the forum btw.

osoq
Jan 23, 2006, 07:26 PM
Welcolme also! But in my opinion, the show is growing old and it's IN MY VIEW not be cancelled, being concluded...Shows like Friends & Everybody Loves Raymond ended, allthough they could have very well still been around today because the producers didn't want to pull a later-generation Simpsons..."Keep the show around for ratings even though the episodes aren't as top-notch as they used to be".

I don't know if the producers are running out of ideas, and I doubt they are, but I think they want to wrap it up and send if on a high note before it begins to completely bomb for FOX and has to end mid-season one year.

cranstonfan
Jan 24, 2006, 04:59 AM
From TVGuide.com

Friday, Jan. 13, turned out to be a truly bad-luck day for Malcolm in the Middle (http://online.tvguide.com/NewSearch/detail.aspx?id=1938624&tvobjectid=100283&sourcetype=S&progseriesparentid=1938624&keyword=Malcolm+in+the+Middle&referrer=search1). That's when the cast members learned that the Fox sitcom, now in its seventh season, had gotten the ax.
"There was some sadness," Bryan Cranston (http://www.tvguide.com/redirect?keyword=bryan+cranston), aka Malcolm's bumbling dad, Hal, tells TVGuide.com, adding that he and his TV wife, Jane Kaczmarek (http://www.tvguide.com/redirect?keyword=Jane+Kaczmarek), shared an embrace and a few tears upon learning their fate. "We realized it's about how much fun you have along the way," philosophizes the actor, who felt that Malcolm could have easily gone on creatively for another year. "But I can't complain. We'll have done 151 episodes. It's been fantastic. It's going to be good to see what else we can do."

Kaczmarek will remember Malcolm as the show that allowed her to break out of the serious lawyer roles that she'd been cast in for so many years. "I couldn't even get auditions for comedies," says the former Yale University School of Drama student. "I played very unfunny people."
Frankie Muniz (http://www.tvguide.com/redirect?keyword=frankie+muniz), as the show's title character, took the news a bit better than his TV parents did. "I wasn't upset," he muses. "I was sad, of course. But we knew it would eventually be coming to an end."

The Agent Cody Banks star says that Malcolm is set to wrap production in mid-March, which will give cast and crew time to bond and commiserate before they officially part ways. "We didn't find out three days before [our] last day," notes Muniz. "That would have sucked!

"I've had such an amazing, lucky life," the grateful actor continues. "I'm ready for a transition. Life is about starting new chapters. This is definitely one of them for me."

Thanks to her popularity as one of the sitcom genre's more memorable moms — will somebody just hand this woman her Emmy already? — Kaczmarek and her real-life husband, Bradley Whitford (The West Wing), successfully established in 2002 Clothes Off Our Back (http://www.clothesoffourback.com/), a charitable organization that unites designer duds from award-winning actors with fans who buy them.

"Mike Farrell [M*A*S*H] told me that you have a certain 'currency' when you become a celebrity and that it's up to you as to how you're going to spend it," Kaczmarek explains. "The first year, we sold Jennifer Aniston's [Emmy] dress for $50,000, which allowed 50,000 children to be immunized against measles. It's opened so many doors for me to say to people, 'Hello, can I have your shoes and your dress?'"

<TABLE align=right valign="top"><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- BEGIN: AdSolution-Website-Tag 4.1 : TvGuide : W=news S=insider P=inline I=00/07/19/40 --><SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript>dcsAdViewCount(document.location.pathname,'inline' );</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>Ads_kid=0;Ads_bid=0;Ads_xl=0;Ads_yl=0;Ads_xp='';Ad s_yp='';Ads_opt=0;Ads_wrd='';Ads_prf='';Ads_par='' ;</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=javascript src="http://a.as-us.falkag.net/dat/cjf/00/07/19/40.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://a.as-us.falkag.net/dat/bjf/00/10/21/40.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><!-- END:AdSolution-Tag 4.1 : TvGuide --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>What might not end up on eBay is a purple jewelry box you may have spied in Lois and Hal's bedroom. "I might take that," hints Kaczmarek. "I've often thought that it must have been a pretty box before it ended up on Malcolm. I'll put it next to Brad's artificial Nobel Prize [from The West Wing]."

Cast members are already making future plans. For one, Cranston is directing a Christopher Titus pilot for Comedy Central, and has "a few ideas" he wants to pitch to HBO, too. While Cranston's glad to be available for pilot season, he's not going to grab the first Bob Patterson that comes along. "I'm very fortunate," he says. "Having the 'thank you, anyway' money means I can be choosy."

Muniz is completing postproduction on his role as Swink Sylvania in the thriller Stay Alive (costarring One Tree Hill's [B]Sophia Bush and The O.C.'s Samaire Armstrong, and due for a Mar. 26 release), and next year he is set to associate-produce the movie Choose Conner. Kaczmarek, meanwhile, wouldn't mind getting a call from pal J.J. Abrams for her next gig. "I love Lost!" raves the actress, adding that she was the first performer whom Abrams directed on the series Felicity.

And what about someday doing a Malcolm reunion? (After all, series creator Linwood Boomer, who played Adam on Little House on the Prairie, is no stranger to those!) "Oh, sure," says Kaczmarek. "I love these people."

In announcing Malcolm's fate, Fox said that the comedy's swan song will air May 14. Will the dysfunctional clan go out with a bang? "I think a mass explosion would be great," chuckles Cranston. Adds Kaczmarek, "We were just talking about that. Linwood would like to see an episode with absolutely no conflict. Everybody would be nice. We'd all be having a nice day." The actress laughs. "How scary would that be?"

Muniz hopes that his TV family's surname — only hinted at once, in the pilot, where Francis' school uniform bears the tag "Wilkerson" — is not at last confirmed in the series' final episodes. "That's something that's always been really cool about the show," he says of Malcolm's many mysteries. "Nobody knew how old the boys really were or where they lived. It made the audience think that they could be in any town." (A genuinely frightening thought.)

While a pink slip is nothing to be happy about, Cranston is grateful that Fox is handing Malcolm in the Middle one bit of good news. "They're giving us our original time slot for our finale — Sunday at 8:30, after The Simpsons," reports the actor. "We're really happy that we're going to end the show that way."

Wildcat
Jan 24, 2006, 09:00 AM
From TVGuide.com

Kaczmarek, meanwhile, wouldn't mind getting a call from pal J.J. Abrams for her next gig. "I love Lost!" raves the actress, adding that she was the first performer whom Abrams directed on the series Felicity.

And what about someday doing a Malcolm reunion? (After all, series creator Linwood Boomer, who played Adam on Little House on the Prairie, is no stranger to those!) "Oh, sure," says Kaczmarek. "I love these people."

In announcing Malcolm's fate, Fox said that the comedy's swan song will air May 14. Will the dysfunctional clan go out with a bang? "I think a mass explosion would be great," chuckles Cranston. Adds Kaczmarek, "We were just talking about that. Linwood would like to see an episode with absolutely no conflict. Everybody would be nice. We'd all be having a nice day." The actress laughs. "How scary would that be?"

Muniz hopes that his TV family's surname — only hinted at once, in the pilot, where Francis' school uniform bears the tag "Wilkerson" — is not at last confirmed in the series' final episodes. "That's something that's always been really cool about the show," he says of Malcolm's many mysteries. "Nobody knew how old the boys really were or where they lived. It made the audience think that they could be in any town." (A genuinely frightening thought.)

While a pink slip is nothing to be happy about, Cranston is grateful that Fox is handing Malcolm in the Middle one bit of good news. "They're giving us our original time slot for our finale — Sunday at 8:30, after The Simpsons," reports the actor. "We're really happy that we're going to end the show that way."

Thanks for posting Cranston Fan. It's nice to hear the actors' thoughts about it.

Random thoughts:

That would be awesome if Jane got a role on Lost! That's my second fav. show. It would be wierd seeing her in a drama though. I'd be waiting for her to start yelling at somebody. :D

It would be cool if they confirm their last name, ages and location in the finale. But then, what would we debate about? :)

It's nice that fox is giving them their original time slot, kinda sentimental.

MalcolmReeseDewey
Jan 24, 2006, 12:16 PM
It's really sad to see such an amazing show end like that. The other bad think is, Friday the 13th of January was my birthday (even more unlucky). I know it wouldn't have gone on much ;longer because the cast are getting a lot older but it is a great shame to see one of the best programs of all time ending so suddenly!! Look on the bright side, there are DVD's and books out there bout MitM and i've got a book!! Also on sky one there are back to back episodes all the time so that's the good point!!

tony_montana
Jan 24, 2006, 06:22 PM
That is really good news that they will have their original timeslot for the finale. I hope it gets a buttload of viewers so it will go out on a really high note. Also, I propose from now on we have one member of the community be a kind of lookout guy. That means whenever he/she hears of individual projects the cast is doing, they will post the news asap so we can all check the projects out.
God bless the cast and crew of MITM.:)

han_keep_smilin
Feb 6, 2006, 03:27 PM
It is everywere that it has been canceled! the other day it was on the news and it is not even that popular in england!!:D

Tyno
Feb 7, 2006, 01:35 PM
About the projects of the actors :
- Frankie Muniz will star on Stay Alive (In theatres March 26th) and will product the movie Choose Conner.
- Bryan Cranston will realise a plot for a comedy.
- Chris Masterson will star on Intellectual Property.

Nothing new from Justin, Jane and Erik. ;)

han_keep_smilin
Feb 7, 2006, 03:57 PM
About the projects of the actors :
- Frankie Muniz will star on Stay Alive (In theatres March 26th) and will product the movie Choose Conner.
- Bryan Cranston will realise a plot for a comedy.
- Chris Masterson will star on Intellectual Property.

Nothing new from Justin, Jane and Erik. ;)

thanks! now i know were to look for them:D

tommy666
Feb 9, 2006, 12:48 AM
maybe it`s not that bad at all ???
as i know, it`s the best to leave the stage, when you are at top of the list, when you are the best !!
it`s sad, but it`s the truth.
i`m the biggest fan of the MitM in estonia.... :)

NeCoHo
Feb 9, 2006, 05:06 AM
Welcome to the forums tommy! You can PM myself, Wildcat, yardgames, or admin if you have any questions about the site. Have fun! :)

Great El Foldo
Mar 16, 2006, 02:53 PM
Hi, I hope you lot will accept me in here :)

Please sign my save MITM petition: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/smitm
I apologise for the long post in advance.

It is with deep sorrow that I join this forum. Malcolm in the Middle has always been a special programme for me; for the past 5/6 years it has entertained me as I grew up (I was 13 when I started watching). It is certainly one of the greatest programmes around and occupies for me an area which I can safely say, will not be filled by any other shows.

To explain my first statement “It is with deep sorrow that I join this forum”. I rarely check the Internet for news regarding MITM. Mainly because I fear I might discover something that I would have rather remained ignorant about (i.e. The impending departure of a cast member e.t.c.).
It was only the other night that I typed “Malcolm in the Middle axed” into google for a joke, I expected announcements regarding an Eighth Season, but to my dismay I found out that this would be the Seventh and Final Season ( my actions sound strange, but I typed it hoping to find articles that disproved the shows cancellation rather than proving it). I must admit, I was dumbstruck at first, I never expected this news and I certainly never expected it to have such a profound effect on me. I knew the show had to come to an end, (with Malcolm coming of college age) but I was expecting a future season Eight or Nine to be the last and to be billed as the Final season from its onset. It was as if the world had fallen out of love with my favourite TV family, rather than give them the send off they deserve (a Proper/Planned final season).

I will miss the family for their crazy antics and have a few words about some if the characters:

Lois - I will miss her for her overbearing demeanour and the fact that she attempted to to discipline her kids yet was the focus and cause of much of their mischievous behaviour.

Hal – How could anyone not miss Hal? I have to say I really really liked Hal. His compassion and care for his family was endearing, but I mostly liked him for the zeal in which he perused any task, always going off in wild tangents; Building Robots, Bowling, Dancing, Skating, Looking after Jelly Bean, Race-Walking (one of the best Hal moments) and building war memorials amongst his many adventures.

Francis – Francis' adventures are absolutely hilarious. What is best about Francis is he always finds somebody else to blame and finds a good way to justify all the trouble he causes. His stance on military school was so amusing, rather than be thankful for his parents sacrifice he used it to justify all his extreme behaviour.

Reese – What can I say about Reese? Reese is great just for being Reese. Seeing this unbelievably dumb kid grow up is so funny; blellow, the way he treats girls he likes, joining the army have and trying to mail himself to China have all been pure Reese moments.

Malcolm – Malcolm seems the hardest to write about, I guess what comes to mind are his ongoing caustic remarks and his continuous cynical views on everything he encounters. (I guess I will just have to write more about Malcolm as I post in the forum)

Dewey – Dewey is one awesome character. Seeing him growup and learning to master manipulation is one of my favourite arcs in the show. Some of my favourite Dewey moments: pretending to be orphaned in“Evacuation”, Selling Candy Bars in “Experiment” and preforming as “Great El Foldo”.

It is a shame that the conclusion on MITM is getting ever closer. I really believe it would have been possible to produce one extra season, which could have been billed as the Eighth and final season. One should be thankful that is has imparted us with seven seasons of unique entertainment. I wish all the Cast, Crew and Fans the best of luck.

PS – Please sign my save Malcolm in the Middle petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/smitm

I know most people are sceptical regarding petitions (especially on-line ones) but it is the least we can do,let us prove there are still lots of loyal fans out there.

Oh and before I forget a future reunion episode would be great a Christmas or Summer Vacation episode.

Malcolm in the Middle Rules

Wildcat
Mar 16, 2006, 04:23 PM
That's a very nice post El Fodo, welcome to the forum. Yes, all of us know exactly what you're going through. Only we knew the minute it was announced so it's had a few months to sink it. Still doesn't make it any less painful though. I really don't think a petition is going to do much good though seeing as how they are wrapping up filming for the final episode within the next week or two. It's a nice gesture, but I'm afraid it's over. :( Maybe it will help by talking to fellow MITM fans. We look forward to seeing more posts from you. Feel free to pm me, J. or yardgames if you have any questions.

yardgames
Mar 16, 2006, 04:58 PM
As if this thread wasn't sad enough. :) I know how you feel Foldo. When I first joined this forum, I was doubtful that I would find any place here. But the great thing about this forum is that everyone is passionate about the same thing: Malcolm in the Middle. It's a great show that's carved a spot into our hearts for the rest of our lives.

I know it's hard to move on, but we need to find closure at some point, somehow. We've had seven absolutely amazing years and the show has reinvented the sitcom--no to mention the family sitcom. Not only were the characters great, but each actor brought a little something special to the set. Frankie and his unique expression of emotions; Justin and the complex feelings built into Reese; Eric's mischiviousness; Jane's life experience; Bryan's love and passion for the show. On the same token, we see that each character indeed has a corresponding actor in the real world and as nice as it would be if the show continued indefinitely, we need to let the admittedly superbiuos cast and crew of MITM move on to newer things--even if they'll never be as good as Linwood's original "Fighting in Underpants." (now think about it...if they had actually kept that name, would it have lasted seven years?) :D

Great El Foldo
Mar 17, 2006, 05:30 AM
Thanks yardgames and Wildcat, your posts made me feel very welcome.

Yes Malcolm has provided us with 6 years of great TV and a family that I think all people could relate to on some level. It is also nice that the cast are getting a chance to move on, I guess they have been doing this comedic acting for so long they want to move on to other projects.

Does anyone know what projects Erik has lined up?

On the petition I really expect it to have little if no effect. I just thought it would be a nice gesture. The final clause reads:
I the undersigned would like to thank The Cast and Crew of Malcolm in the Middle, for providing fans all over the world with the best entertainment offered on television. I would also like to wish them all, the best of luck regardless of what happens to the show.

It would also be cool to see how many fans we can get to sign it around the world.

Amigo22
Mar 17, 2006, 06:39 AM
We recently sent a farewell card to the crew, which arrived a few days ago as mentioned in this thread:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1362&highlight=Farewell+card

Pictures of the card and our messages are here:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1216&highlight=card+created

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1224&highlight=Farewell+card

And this thread was discussion of the project:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1220&highlight=Farewell+card

Wildcat
Mar 17, 2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks for posting the info on the card Amigo, but you missed one. :) Here's thead where you can see the pics of the finished card:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1258&highlight=farewell+card

The first one you posted for the pics is actually Justin's birthday card, which we sent in January. After hearing from Bryan that they all saw the farewell card, I'm guessing there's a pretty good chance Justin saw his card too!! :)

Great El Foldo
Mar 17, 2006, 02:25 PM
The card was a beautiful gesture

Thanks for posting the links Amigo and Wildcat22. It is nice to see there are such good people on this forum. That card was testament to the fact that MITM is so much more than a TV show, more like an extended family:).

I wish I could have been part of this community before the card was sent, it would have felt good to take part by thanking the MITM personally, but I congratulate you all for doing such a stellar job.

Bryan is such a nice guy, it is just heart-warming to see he actually takes time to reply to his fans personally (many people do not even do that with their own friends, relatives and acquaintances).

NeCoHo
Mar 17, 2006, 03:42 PM
It's Amigo22 and wildcat, but never mind, we forgive you. Welcome! You'll find your niche here, trust me, if I can find a spot here, anyone can. :D

yardgames
Mar 17, 2006, 04:57 PM
Unfortunately, though, J hasn't found his spot yet.... :D

NeCoHo
Mar 17, 2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah... Right... I'm only a super mod... :D

Great El Foldo
Mar 18, 2006, 05:10 AM
Before I manage to derail this thread, I must ask for some advice. I am a UK fan and the last episode on sky was Malcolm's Money. Are there any threads in this forum that I should avoid, due to spoilers?

NeCoHo
Mar 18, 2006, 06:39 AM
Oh, no, you didn't derail it, Sam and I fight all the time. If you couold call that a fight, they are more like arguments. :D

The mod. team (yardgames, me, wildcat) are pretty good at keeping stuff in spoiler tags, so you have to click the spoiler tags to see what in them, example: If you don't want to see what's in here, don't click it. :DSo you can go anywhere, the Season 7 forums are probably the place with most/all of these things.

tjpeople
Apr 16, 2006, 09:42 PM
Welcome Foldo. Long Posts are cool dont worry about doing them :D

I really find it hard to type thinking about it ending...............

danny vs dewey
Apr 24, 2006, 07:02 AM
it'spretty sad that mitm has been cancelled! but i'm ok with it now. At least there's repeats on sky

Wildcat
Apr 24, 2006, 08:43 AM
Hi Danny vs Dewey. Welcome to the forum. I hope you have fun posting. Feel free to pm me, yardgames or J. if you have any questions. :) Yes, Malcolm being cancelled is very depressing, but we've come to accept it now. At least there will always be repeats and hopefully they'll release all the DVDs soon too.

han_keep_smilin
Apr 24, 2006, 11:50 AM
a show has to end sometime it cant go on forever:D

tony_montana
Apr 24, 2006, 06:56 PM
Ive already got some cash put away for the day season two (or whatever,maybe the finale) comes out, which Im hoping will be this summer!:D

jetcombo15
Jun 21, 2006, 02:48 AM
For some reason, I still can't get over the fact that the show's over.
The reruns even make it worse, because it keeps on reminding me of the times it was still airing new episodes. Kind of like losing a loved one and keeping pictures of them around the house so you can never get over them. Maybe that analogy is a bit exaggerated, but you know what I mean.
I almost lost sleep over that, just thinking and getting sad about the fact that it actually ended.
Help?

tjpeople
Jun 21, 2006, 08:56 AM
Nothing we can do it make it better sorry, we all are dealing with our loss. Wathcing re-runs should be fun tho. :D

tony_montana
Jun 21, 2006, 12:20 PM
Im with Tj on this one. I have reruns to thank for getting me hooked on MITM.:) In fact, Ive seen 3/4 of the show through just reruns. Anyway, yeah it sucks the show has ended, but we have to go on. And like Tj said, watching reruns SHOULD be fun, as they remind you of how great of a show Malcolm was(and still is).:)

Deweyrules!
Jun 21, 2006, 06:36 PM
I guess, I'm kind of postponing the inevitable, I tried to watch less then half of season 7 during the marathon, and avoided Graduation- at least now I still have some new episodes left

tony_montana
Jun 21, 2006, 06:44 PM
Deweyrules-Come on, man. There's no sense it that. And believe me, your missing some great episodes, especially Graduation, which was a great end to the show. Personally, I suggest you go watch them and end your agony.:)

Deweyrules!
Jun 22, 2006, 07:31 AM
Sorry, reading back that did sound a bit weird, I forgot to add that I am getting the episodes sometime this week, so I thought I'd leave it until I could watch them at higher quality, rather than Internet stream :D

tony_montana
Jun 22, 2006, 10:25 AM
Oh...now I feel like a jackass.:rolleyes: :D

Lozart
Aug 16, 2008, 02:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYcs-x4FSdU

I almost cried when I saw this :blushing:
It brings back so much memories when watching it.

Amigo22
Aug 16, 2008, 03:20 AM
They should have had a clip sequence like that at the end of the last episode.

MITM_Fan
Jan 15, 2009, 06:54 PM
They should've remake S07E22 or something like it.

Cancelled, why? what went wrong? I didn't get it.