Siblings

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I was wondering how many (if any) brothers and sisters everyone has. Are they younger, older, or are you the Malcolm of the family (in other words, "in the middle") Are you always doing stuff together that ends up getting you in trouble like the Wilkerson boys?

I have one sister who's 10 years older than me. So since I'm the baby of the family, I can relate with Dewey the most (yeah, I know Jamie's the youngest, but he's too young to relate to :D ) We were never really close or did much together because of the age difference so I may as well have been an only child. Sometimes watching MITM makes me wish that I had siblings who are closer to my age, but other times it makes me glad I don't. :D So what about you guys?

samboo1

I have a 1/2 brother, who i think is 16 now, but i dont see him at all! The last time i saw him was about 6 months ago, and the next time will probably be in about 4-5 years.
Normally if someone asks i say im an only child, because since i never see him, i dont count him. There's not a point counting him, when have probably only seen him about 6 times in my whole life! ;)Anyway, since this is a sibling thread i guess it does count.:)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I'm an only child... but I have 9 cousins, so it's almost like I have a brother and sister. :D

simon_4420

I've just got a sister who is 3 years older. We are close, but we fight way to much. Sometimes I think that we just go out of our way to have a fight over something, mostly over who is going to clean up the kitchen before parents get home from work, lol:D . Good thing is we share the same taste in films and music (well mostly, she hates MITM!:confused: ) so rarely have to fight over who's music can be loader, or who gets to watch a film on the cinima centre downstairs. :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I'm like Malcolm, i'm the middle child. I have one older sister (1 year older than me) and one younger sister (3 years younger).
Both of them are quite annoying most of the time, but it's okay. Very often I wish that I had a brother/brothers, especially when I watch MITM, because I think you just have a very special relationship to your brother, and I definitely do not have something like that with my sisters.
Well, it's not up to me to change it:D, so I guess i'll have to accept it.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
samboo1 said:
I have a 1/2 brother, who i think is 16 now, but i dont see him at all! The last time i saw him was about 6 months ago, and the next time will probably be in about 4-5 years.
Normally if someone asks i say im an only child, because since i never see him, i dont count him. There's not a point counting him, when have probably only seen him about 6 times in my whole life! ;)Anyway, since this is a sibling thread i guess it does count.:)
Good to know you have such a great relationship wiht your brother. :D Where in the world is a 16-year-old, that you seem him so seldomly?

I have a ten-year-old brother; annoying dumbbutt, for lack of a better (appropriate) word. :D

There's actually quite a few times I wish I had a brother who was a year or two older than me, just someone I could look up to, like the boys do to Francis. Or to have more of a bond with, like Malcolm and Reese. I guess that's sort of part of the reason I like MITM. The storylines are always funny and entertaining, but I also like seeing the relationships in the familiy. It's supposedly dysfunctional, but that family is a hell of a lot more functional than mine; just with a bit less money. :D In fact, I often marvel at how well they do get along, especially they are so, to use Hal's word for lack of a better one, poor. I mean, my family's always been pretty well off, but sometimes it feels like we express our love more with material possessions than with true emotions. So if I ever have a family, I'd aspire it to be like the Wilkerson's; I'd rather have a closely knit family with a bit less money than a family that's not as close, but has more money. And the bonus there: I get to be obsessive like Hal. :D:D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I have a twin sister and a brother who's 3 years younger but thinks he's 3 years OLDER... despite still being in the ####stirring stage :rolleyes:

allison

I have a sister who´s 5 years older than me. I don´t think we have much in common, but we do get along ok (sometimes). :D I wish I had a brother, though. I think I have some "male" interests like playing video games, doing karate and stuff and I think I could share these things rather with a brother than with my sister. :( I also have the impression that she thinks I´m weird. When I was younger I had kind of a brother, though. He was my neighbour and we really had a great relationship. We´re still in touch and have a brother/sister relationship, but it´s not the same anymore.
When we were younger we did a lot of things that remind me of the Wilkersons now. It was a great time.:D

samboo1

yardgames said:
Good to know you have such a great relationship wiht your brother. :D Where in the world is a 16-year-old, that you seem him so seldomly?
I dunno if you were asking me where he lives (i didnt get the seldom bit:eek: ) but if you were, he is in London.:)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by yardgames
samboo1 said:
I dunno if you were asking me where he lives (i didnt get the seldom bit:eek: ) but if you were, he is in London.:)

She sees him so seldomly because he's her half-brother and he probably lives with his other parent. Pay attention Sam! :D

D

Deleted member 1693

My brother's name is Sterling and he's ten. He's very mischevous and always wants to bend the rules.

PBUNDY

Thanks for digging up all these old threads Lucky! I have an older sister, who's 23 and a younger brother who's 17.

Last edited: