Big Words, a Town in Wales, and a Crazed Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnymonster

If Craig were here, I bet he'd be able to finish it! Hmm, wonder if Craig is a kind of proto Malcolm that didn't achieve critical IQ?

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Re: I have a question about Craig

I'm a trumpet player, you can't say big words around me anymore... :D:D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

No, never say those again... never... my brain almost exploded. :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

How about

pneumonoultramiciroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis--a form of lung disease caused by living around volcanoes. Or...

floccinaucinihilipilification--the act of deeming something worthless. Or...

antidisestablishmentarianism--opposition to the disestablishment of the church of England. Or...

Llanfairpwllqwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllantysiliogogogoch--A town in Wales

Did it explode yet, or shall I go on? :D

BTW, how in the world do they fit that on street signs and return address labels? Maybe TJ would know since he's form Whales. :)

(Edit--they don't have spaces. I copied and pasted and the forum keeps messing them up. You don't really think I know how to spell those, do you? :D)

MOD EDIT: See what I can do? hehe I can twist words into what I want them to say...
Or I can just say: Whales is now Wales.

vinnymonster

Wildcat said:
Llanfairpwllqwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllantysiliogogogoch--A town in Wales

I think it was deliberately renamed when the welsh gianed their own national language back, done for tourism, I think, the town, not the welsh language :D

simon_4420

Wildcat said:
Llanfairpwllqwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllantysiliogogogoch--A town in Whales

Don't let someone from Wales see that you refered them to a whale, lol :D

I've seen the sign for that its huge...

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Here's another one for you J:

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

85 letters, no spaces. It's the name of a hill in New Zealand and officially the longest name of a place in the world. Good luck figuring out how to pronounce that one! :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

vinnymonster said:
I think it was deliberately renamed when the welsh gianed their own national language back, done for tourism, I think, the town, not the welsh language :D

I bet a lot of people who live there weren't too happy about it! Was this a long time ago or recently (forgive my lack of knowledge in English history.) I was reading that they usually just shorten it to Llanfair.

simon_4420 said:
Don't let someone from Wales see that you refered them to a whale, lol :D

LOL! I finally figured out what you meant by that. I didn't even notice the H. I'm a little slow sometimes. ;) Sorry TJ!!:eek:

vinnymonster

Wildcat said:
I bet a lot of people who live there weren't too happy about it! Was this a long time ago or recently (forgive my lack of knowledge in English history.) I was reading that they usually just shorten it to Llanfair.

I think it was sometime in the mid 20'th Century, maybe the 50's or early 60's, don't quote me on this though :D

Either way, I'd hate to have a pen pal who lived there, the address on the envelope'd be longer than the letter. :eek:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Re: J's Inability to Use Big Words

No... Stop... please? Stop, I need my brain... for playing the trumpet...:Guns: :Guns: :Ouch: :Ouch: :BigGrin: :Dead: :Dead: :Dead: :Guns: :Guns: :Shocked: :Guns: :Confused:

But I'm the mod. I can do stuff you've never imagined to your account. sigs, pics, posts, threads, reps, all editable to me. HA! HA! About the only thing I can't do is ban Sam or David. HeheheHeheHeheHe... Watch yourselves.......

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
So fundamentally what you’re saying is that there will be inauspicious repercussions if we persevere in our endeavor to beleaguer you? :D

vinnymonster

Re: J's Inability to Use Big Words

J. said:
No... Stop... please? Stop, I need my brain... for playing the trumpet...:Guns: :Guns: :Ouch: :Ouch: :BigGrin: :Dead: :Dead: :Dead: :Guns: :Guns: :Shocked: :Guns:

You use your BRAIN to play a trumpet? I thought you used your lips!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
@Wildcat- Yes.

@Vinny- Yes, you must read the music, send impluses to your lips, from your brain to buzz your lips and blow air through the mouthpiece, ytou must know what valves to press to make the proper tone and pitch also.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
To start, trumpets are silly.

Wales is good,

Im not offened i cant spell either.

Mods on this forums are getting very crazy.

Its shortened to Llanfair PG

oh and i can say it - just about.

Status
Not open for further replies.