Your Favorite Movie Sequels

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
After member Dewey made his "Favorite movie" thread, I started thinking...what about sequals? SOME(I do say SOME) sequals are very very good movies, sometimes surpassing the first movie. So what is everyone's favorite movie sequals? I will list some of mine and beside I will say wether I think it is better than the original or just as good.

1)Godfather:part 2-Just as good as the first. Some say it actually surpasses the first movie.
2)Batman:Returns-Just as good as the first in my opinion.
3)Spiderman 2-Better than the first movie in my opinion.
4)Superman 2-Better than the first movie in my opinion.
5)Xmen 2-ALOT better than the first movie in my opinion.

So what are all of yours?(Note that I listed alot of superhero movies. Your list doesn't have to consist of these, these were just mine.)

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Re: Your Favorite Movie Sequals

I can't think of many, but here are some:

Scary movie 3; I think it's even better than part 1, and of course better than part 2
Hot shots 2; Better than part 1
Blues Brothers 2000; I know most people don't like it, and surely it's not as good as part 1, but it's still a great film

han_keep_smilin

I LOVE scary movie 3 its is one of my all time favourite films
I also think shrek 2 is good because most seqals are not very good
I will see the second part of pirates of the Caribbean when in comes out. Not sure it will be ay good thoough:D

simon_4420

I Like the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but they were all filmed together so its more of a 3 part film than sequals. I can't think of many sequals that I liked as I've always found that they are never as good as the first, but here are some I can remember liking:

Bourne Supremacy- Just as good as Bourne Identity

Batman Begins- Really liked this batman film thought it was much better than some of the first, plus i got a tour round the studio where they filmed it and my dad the git got a ride in the new bat-mobil as it was all filmed where he was working...

Mission Impossible 2 - was good, but not as good as the first

admin

Retired Administrator

You guys are all forgetting Terminator 2, perhaps the only film i've seen where the it was substaintly better then its predecessor! :D

simon_4420

Oh yeah I remember that one. That is a good sequal although I didn't like Terminator 3 that much was ok, but T:2 is definatly the bests of the 3

samboo1

Let me think...erm...
-Spiderman 2 was just as good as 1 i think...
-Dunno 'bout anyone here but i love the 'Back To The Future' films and i think the 2 sequels to that are as good as the first.
-Indiana Jones! The first was the worst out of them in my opinion and the 3rd, the best.
-Yeah, scary movie 3 is brill...really funny...that's a favourite of mine, wonder if the 4th will be any better...

I cant think of anymore ATM...ill edit if i do.;)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

I really like the Back to the Future series too. The first two are really good. I didn't like #3 as much, but it still wasn't bad. Spiderman II is just as good as the first and Batman II is good as the first one also. The Batman films really started to go down hill after the second one though (I haven't seen Batman Begins). Also, I'm not a Star Wars fan, but IMO the last movie (episode III) is the best one of the series. I haven't seen episode II though.

samboo1

Wildcat said:
.I really like the Back to the Future series too. The first two are really good. I didn't like #3 as much, but it still wasn't bad
I thought 3 was the best lol, 2 was my least fav though...anyway...

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Ok, people, I'm sorry. I can't help it. Sequels is spelt with an e, not an a. I'm sorry, seriously, I try to ignore the spelling and grammar mistakes, but it drives me nuts every time I see it.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
A little obsessive-compulsive, are we? :D That's okay, I'm the same way. Not so much with spelling/grammar mistakes (because I make them all the time myself!), but with a lot of other things. Thanks for setting us strait (incorrect usage of the word strait on purpose, just to bug you!) :D

Sorry, OT, carry on...

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
O yeah, i forgot Star Wars. If you take the original 3 films, i think the second one was the best one.