Brands in the United States

simon_4420

I have been thinking recently where I would like to live when I'm older. At the moment I am really thinking that I would like to move to the USA, but I'd like to know if you purchase any of the following in USA:

Marmite
Ribena
Fosters
Marlboro Lights/Gold (I'm sure you can)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Re: Can you get any of these in the USA (pointless thread)

I don't know, I don't smoke. :)

But I know you can get Marlboros.

simon_4420

I'll smoke anything (legal, I might point out!lol)

Its the marmite and Ribena that are the most important, ever since I was a kid I've always known them to be in my house...

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Are all those cigarette brands? I've never heard of the first 3, but I know you can get Marlboros. I hear they're really expensive though.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

Techniclly, we don't condone smoking here on the forums, you could burn out a circuit or something. :D

Never mind. I just wanted to crack a joke.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Maybe moving to the United States would be the perfect remedy to help you quit smoking?

simon_4420

Re: Cigarette Brands in the United States

No lol, they are not all brands of cigarettes.

Marmite is a spread for sandwiches

Fosters is a beer &

ribena is a drink that you add water

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Sorry, I guess I made you sound like quite an addict when I changed the thread title. :D We have Kool-Aid instead of Ribena; whatever-the-hell-that-mayonaisse-brand-is-called (Hellmans??) for sandwich spread; far too much for beer, and apparently Marlboro for cigarettes, although more and more areas are adopting smoke-free resolutions.

simon_4420

yardgames said:
Sorry, I guess I made you sound like quite an addict when I changed the thread title. :D We have Kool-Aid instead of Ribena; whatever-the-hell-that-mayonaisse-brand-is-called (Hellmans??) for sandwich spread; far too much for beer, and apparently Marlboro for cigarettes, although more and more areas are adopting smoke-free resolutions.

Was funny tho it really did make me sound like an addict! (well I kinda am)

I found out that some places sell marmite, but you can order it from the UK from lots of websites, same with Ribena.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Oh yeah, I've heard of Fosters now that you mentioned what it is. "It's austrailian for beer." At least that's what they say on the commercials. :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Foster's... in my opinion one of the most disgusting beers in the world ;)
But maybe that's just because everytime i drank it, it was warm...

simon_4420

I'm not surprised since Germany has the best beer around. I want to go to the Munich Beer Festival this year as its on my birthday!:D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
ahhh, drinking did a little too much last nite but hey, its a new year! I laughed utload when christina and sam and j all though marmite was a cigerette!!!!!!

I driink foster when i have no money, otherwise its stella.

airbikecop

They should lower the drinking age to 18 in the states. And yes you can get Fosters, but it's actually not made in Austrailla.

I've never drinked much of anything outside of american beer, and I drink underaged.

simon_4420

Ahhh that would explain why Dutch people are alittle....... well strange, lol since they can drink at 13!!

( No offense intend if your dutch)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Apparently we're not responsible and mature enough to drink until we're 21. At 18, we're old enough to choose our leaders and go off to war where we could possibly die for our country, but we're not old enough to drink. :rolleyes: