Google earth

samboo1

Anyone here besides me have Google Earth? The UK's map used to be really blurry but it's not that bad any more. I found my school and house on it :D Ive attached them :) My outlines on them make it pretty obvious where i am talking about ;) What do you guys think of Google Earth, if you have been on it?

han_keep_smilin

Yes i have it the clear bits are the most famous parts of the country(s) like in england london is a clear bit. I like it its a bit hard to work out at first though.:D

simon_4420

Ive got it too, it's really good for looking at big cities, but not that great for smaller towns and villages. I can spot my house tho, as I live next to a big lake:D .
If you haven't got it yet it's fun to play around on when you are bored!:D

samboo1

Yeah it is lol. I just like looking at my town and places i know.
The images are nearly 5 years old though since it still shows a supermarket, in my town, which was knocked down ages ago, on it.

han_keep_smilin

You have to check this out its great fun seeing all the places were you live and you can find out almost anything, i found my hotel that i stayed in on holiday last year too!:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Some areas are newer than others. Google puts the images together, but they don't take the images. That's up to NASA and the other space agencies that have satellites up there.

simon_4420

theblinddevil said:
I downloaded it once.. and it crashed too much so i just use there online version. I went on it ages ago and looked up my house.. Canada is much better than the uk though, as when i tried to locate my old house, all i got was a far zoomed out green picture. But i guess they may have imporved the uk one now.

It is better now when you zoom in on rural areas of the UK, i can almost make out my house, I can just about see the street I live down.

simon_4420

I imagine in a year or two years you would be able to see almost anything, maybe you would be able to see your front door, who knows??

simon_4420

samboo1 said:
But it's from an aerial view. Can you have it other ways then?

You can tilt the view to look at it from a different angle, it's one of the options at the bottom on the right (i think)