Forum Diversity

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I was sitting here thinking of how cool it would be if we were all in a room talking to each other with all of our different accents. I mean, we have Americans from the North, South and West (which all speak very differently), people from the UK, Germany, France, Australia, India, Sweden--am I forgetting anybody?

It's as much fun learning about everyone's different cultures, climates, and ways of life as it is talking about MITM. Like just this week I learned that it rains all the time in the UK and what a dual carriageway is. And I'd never heard of Bonfire night before I came here. I also think phrasing that you guys in the UK sometimes use is interesting. Like you say "clever" instead of "smart" and "mates" instead of "friends" and "brilliant" when you think something is "good." But I also find it amazing just how much alike we all are despite our different nationalities and cultures.

I just think it's really cool how we have people from all over the world here. This is truly the only forum that I've ever been to with such a diverse mix of people! Just a random thought that popped into my head...:)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I agree. It's amazing that essentially the only common denominator between such a large and diverse group of people is a television show. And it's rather amazing how well we can all get along. After all, we're not only from all sorts of different countries and continents, but we're all different ages, as well. People from ten all the way up to however old Rye is, and we can all manage to get along and share and respect each other's feelings and ideas. The community that we've built is definitely something to be proud of and every single person is an integral part of it.

Jimmy Junior

Wildcat said:
I was sitting here thinking of how cool it would be if we were all in a room talking to each other with all of our different accents.

I was thinking the same thing the other day - maybe not necessarily in a room as such, more a conference call on skype or something.
The problem with that would be trying to get everyone on at the same time due to time differences, trying to understand each other, and censorship.

Reesegurl

I agree to, I'm still kind of new here but when I first joined I couldn't believe how much different countries people on here are from! I thought it would be mostly americans but theres loads of others here to!!
I really like that to, because you do learn alot more when theres so many other nationalities on. :)

admin

Retired Administrator
We do have a wide range of cultures and countries here, yet we all seem so similar in my opinion, depsite these continental divides and interest differences MITM has brough us together as a group of people who get along like they've known each other for years.

We've had members from Austria, Norway and Canada as well. Many other countries as wel visit the site on a regular basis. :D

Reesegurl

Yeah, Its hard to believe that one little show like Mitm can bring the 'world' together, (kind of) Its a good way to make friends to, because everyone here has at least 1 thing in comman, we all like Mitm!!!!:D

I heard something rip, and if it wasn't my pants, it was inside of me.
*Craig*

han_keep_smilin

Reesegurl said:
Yeah, Its hard to believe that one little show like Mitm can bring the 'world' together, (kind of) Its a good way to make friends to, because everyone here has at least 1 thing in comman, we all like Mitm!!!!:D

never thought of it like that. :D

Kratos

Its cool. :D You do learn a lot of things that normally would hardly be worth talking about... the whole "Pants" instead of jeans thing annoys the hell out of me still. (Just in case... Pants here are Boxers lol)

Its all good, and better than having only one culture being talked about. The power of the internet huh. Its quite something.