Heir of MitM

arach

Do you think there will be a successor of MitM? A TV-show that is really alike MitM, since it was so successful?

I started thinking about that yesterday, when there was the first episode of Desperate Houswives :)rolleyes:) on German TV, and they said that it was the successor of Sex and the City.

Maybe there is already something out there, and I just don't know, because we get to see those new TV-shows years after they first air in the USA or the UK.

Of course no copy could reach the original, but it would be really nice if there were more such great TV-shows out there. :eek:

EDIT: Oh, this should be in the Wilkerson Times. I don't know why I posted it here. Please move it.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Desparate Housewives has also recently started here. I don't watch it and do not intend to either, because its popularity has forced the channel that MITM was FORMERLY on that between the cancellation of MITM and now, has been showing one of my other favorite shows, has now kindly decided to cancel that show too, because it was on at the same time as Desparate Housewives and they think more people would watch that. So they just take the easy road and cancel it instead of doing what MIGHT be the NORMAL thing to do - changing the timeslot! TV Channels SUCK.

admin

Retired Administrator
The closests I've seen is perhaps 2 and a Half Men, but thats really nothing like MITM. I think really MITM was the real life version of the Simpson, so maybe MITM is the heir.. :D

Thinking of what could happen after the show, they could have a spinoff...

Perhaps Malcolm going to college, or The Parents, Dewey and Jamie still at home. Or even Francis and Piama starting a family...

There is lots of comedies out there that resemble familes with badly behaved children, Fresh Prince, but thats totally different, My Wife and Kids, although I've never watched it. 8 Simple Rules, there are many family home based sitcoms, I am sure one will come along similar to MITM

yardgames

Retired Administrator
MITM was really the first show to make use of a family, let alone a dysfunctional family, except for a show or two like the Simpsons. I think shows like 8 Simple Rules have tired to follow suit with MITM, but it doesn't work out quite as well.

There have been numerous shows on Fox even (seen Quintuplets anyone?) that resemble MITM in many ways, but I'm surprised if any of them manage last more than a couple of episodes. It's just not possible to duplicate the original.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
On the DVD, they said Fox took a great chance when they put on MITM. No other station wanted it. MITM is like a "once-in-a-lifetime" TV show.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
And now I think it's fair to say all the other stations wish they would have taken it. It was risky. The whole scene in the Pilot with Lois and her lack of bra almost go it pulled. But even with its lower ratings in the last couple of seasons, it's still one of Fox's best shows, and I commend them for taking a chance. Even if they shouldn't have on, say, Life on a Stick.

Wemboy

I've only watched bits of the show, so i'm not sure, but I read that the charcater of Oliver beene was a child genius? If that's true then it's kind of ripping off the MITM idea. None of the shows discussed above even come close to MITM by the way. One thing that sets MITM apart from alot of American shows i've watched is that it doesn't shy away from being "controversial", like the thing with the bra etc. Shows like 8 Simple Rules always seem to be trying to make sure they don't offend anyone, which is just lame in my opinion, comedy has to be free to do that sometimes.

although they did the classic "add the baby" to try to keep the show going (this never works), I would like to follow the boys a little farther. The scripts on a whole are very original and humorous, and Bryan Cranston makes me crack up. I was a fan of the Alaska stuff with Francis, the chick he worked for was over the top.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, they didn't really have a choice to add the baby. Jane got pregnant again, so they could add a baby or try and make it invisible like they did in season 1. :)