Christmas

han_keep_smilin

As christmas is coming and i feel in a festive mood i decided to do a thread about it.

For christmas i am getting ( Hopefully:D) an Ipod Nano, CDs ,a freeview box ( like sky but not as good) for my TV and loads of other things i cant name them all i have too much:). what is everyone else getting? i would like to know.

Also i wondered if people in america celebrate it as much as we do in England we make a BIG fuss about it and it is more important that our own birthday ( I do see why though) I cant wait i am so exited.

samboo1

Yeah, christmas has gotta be my favourite national holiday:D
Infact i just put my christmas tree up now;)
I dunno what im getting at all really, except i know Han is getting me body sprays lol. I didnt ask for much at all as well this year. Normally i have a huge list but this year i just wanted a microphone for my computer :cool:

I have one and only one negative thing about christmas...the shops turn it into a great opportunity to make money and really over do it! They will start the christmas things october and that's really rediculous!

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
We put our christmas trees up only on december 24th. I never know beforehand, what people will give me. But normally my parents let me choose two DVDs or one DVD box. But this year all I want to have is money. Unfortunately this lowers the special mood of christmas a bit, in my opinion.
By the way, does anybody else get his/her present on christmas eve? I remember that in the USA you normally get them in the morning of 25th of december. How about you guys in England?

samboo1

I am allowed one on christmas eve but it's tradition here to have them on the morning of christmas day.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Dabney said:
We put our christmas trees up only on december 24th.

That seems like a lot of work to only have up for a such a short time. :eek: We've alreay had one of our trees up for two weeks. I say one because we actually have four of them. Each one has a different theme. We used to only have two, but my mom went a little crazy buying ornaments on sale one year so then she had to buy more trees to put them all on. I'm really over it by the time we get around to putting the third one up. :Curved:

I didn't ask for anything special so I don't know what I'm getting this year. BTW, we exchange one gift on Christmas eve and the rest on Christmas morning. Everybody's traditions are different though.

samboo1 said:
They will start the christmas things october and that's really rediculous!

I actually saw some stores with Christmas stuff out in September this year. You're right, it's starting to get rediculious. And you would think that Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) is some kind of holiday or something the way they hype it up now. :rolleyes:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Wildcat said:
I actually saw some stores with Christmas stuff out in September this year. You're right, it's starting to get rediculious. And you would think that Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) is some kind of holiday or something the way they hype it up now. :rolleyes:

My aunt lives for that day...

On the 24th, my 9 other cousins and I all go to my grandparent's house, and we all exchange gifts there. It's about 40 people in a house ment for 10 at it's most. It's so fun though, all of my cousins and I all hand out in the game room (ok, so it has an Nentendo 64, PC, Super Nentendo and Xbox, and 2 tvs)Then on the 25th, I get to open all my presents from my parents and stuff. But I love Christmas, it's the only thing that makes me happy (other then band, The Fourms, and MITM)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Watching MITM doesn't make you happy? :D

That sounds like fun though. I wish I had a big family like that. The few cousins that I have are way older than me and we hardly ever get together even on hollidays.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
samboo1 said:
Yeah, christmas has gotta be my favourite national holiday:D
Infact i just put my christmas tree up now;)
I dunno what im getting at all really, except i know Han is getting me body sprays lol. I didnt ask for much at all as well this year. Normally i have a huge list but this year i just wanted a microphone for my computer :cool:

I have one and only one negative thing about christmas...the shops turn it into a great opportunity to make money and really over do it! They will start the christmas things october and that's really rediculous!
It's a shame when people just look forward to the presents, but don't care about any other part of the holiday.

You're asking for a scanner so you can sign Justin's card, remember? :)

In my immediate family, we go the theatre to watch a movie because no one else does, then we exchange gifts. Christmas morning is for "Santa." We used to go to my grandma's house on Christmas Day, and my grandpa's house a week later. My grandma's house is pretty much what Justin described, except no one comes anymore because that side of my family doesn't get along. And my grandpa's house is also like J's grandparents', but no game room, half the size, and double the people :D So this year, we're trying Christmas at our house. A few less people, and a bit more space. :)

And it's good to know these forums are such a great form of therapy for you, J. :D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
We're much more alike then I thought Sam. :D

And I'll have you know I only thouht of murdering someone 4 times so far this month (1 person twice) :D That's something you probably shouldn't
joke around with, but I will anyway. :p

I do have a sick sense of humor though, people bleeding to death and people exploding make me laugh so much...

On our way to the Championships, we were watching 'The Longest Yard' and this guy bursts into a ball of flames and dies. I was the only one laughing (let alone laughing hysterically) on the bus...:Bomb: :eek: :Bomb: :D

Lovely thing to talk about in a Christmas thread, isn't it?

I will correct myself before I go to yet another tagent...

Another thing I love about Christmas is the music. For some reason Christmas music makes me forget about world domination/doom/death/sadness/pain/explosions/other sick stuff and makes me happy and nice.

My life is horrible, now, isn't it?

What I'm trying to say is:
I like Christmas music.

samboo1

yardgames said:
You're asking for a scanner so you can sign Justin's card, remember?
Actually, ive always wanted a scanner and you have just reminded me:D I could ask for the for christmas :) Where would i put it though? *looks around* lol.

yardgames said:
It's a shame when people just look forward to the presents, but don't care about any other part of the holiday
Did i say that i only looked forward to the presents and not the holiday anywhere? Please tell me if i did, b/c i dont want it to sound like that!:(

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
samboo1 said:
Actually, ive always wanted a scanner and you have just reminded me:D I could ask for the for christmas :) Where would i put it though? *looks around* lol.

Ask for a printer/scanner/copier, it is what it says it and they are really nice to have around. I have one.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
No, samboo, my comment wasn't directed at you or anyone here. It was more of a general sort of comment for the entire world.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Wildcat said:
That seems like a lot of work to only have up for a such a short time. :eek: We've alreay had one of our trees up for two weeks. I say one because we actually have four of them. Each one has a different theme. We used to only have two, but my mom went a little crazy buying ornaments on sale one year so then she had to buy more trees to put them all on. I'm really over it by the time we get around to putting the third one up. :Curved:

Sorry, I didn't express clearly, what i wanted to say. I actually meant that the day on which we put up our christmas trees is the 24th. We normally keep our christmas trees 2 weeks or something. :D

han_keep_smilin

Dabney said:
I actually meant that the day on which we put up our christmas trees is the 24th. :D

I put my christmas tree up about a month before christmas!

I am not allowed to open ANY of my presents untill christmas day. but i am alowed to open friend presants though :)

Also on my high school homepage it is counting down the days untill christmas. Just shows how much the teachers cant wait to get rid ouf us :D

what other name do you call christmas? i call it crimbo sometimes x-mas :p

Amigo22

Super Moderator
han_keep_smilin said:
I put my christmas tree up about a month before christmas!

We do too.

wildcat said:
my mom went a little crazy buying ornaments on sale one year so then she had to buy more trees to put them all on.

We used to have HEAPS of decorations - when we bought our current house, the previous owners left us a lot, in addition to what we already had, but somehow we seem to be missing a lot this year. Unless there's another bag somewhere in the back of the hall cupboard buried under all the crud in there.

han_keep_smilin said:
I am not allowed to open ANY of my presents untill christmas day. but i am alowed to open friend presants though :) :p

That's the same in our house. Every time I was bought something that I know what it is, I always asked to open it early but got the standard response "you'll have nothing to open on Christmas Day" (even though we got multiple presents).

What about present opening on Christmas morning? I have always just wanted to open mine as soon as I get up since I get up a few hours before everyone else, but Mum demands that everyone else has to be up, dressed, eaten breakfast etc first. And everyone else takes soooo long to get ready. :mad:.

I have no idea what to ask anyone else to get me this year... since January when I started work I've bought everything I want with the exception of the Season 1 DVD which will hopefully be shipped here soon (got an e-mail this morning saying the woman in charge of selling the DVDs is in hospital, so could be a while yet).

samboo1

Amigo22 said:
I have always just wanted to open mine as soon as I get up since I get up a few hours before everyone else, but Mum demands that everyone else has to be up, dressed, eaten breakfast etc first. And everyone else takes soooo long to get ready. :mad:.
Ooooooo. That would annoy me so much!! Lol. My parents give me a standard time that im allowed to wake them up, normally 7.30 am but i can turn it into 7 ;)
I dunno why i get so excited for christmas presents....if you think about it, it's not a big thing, getting new things...when you go shopping you get new things but, i dont know about you, but i dont get excited for shopping:cool: lol.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I'm an only child, so i just turn on the tv really loud to wake up my parents, or play really loud christmas music. They get up, and I run to the presents. :D I don't have to wait for other siblings to get up. :)

I think the reason we get excited for Christmas presents, because, samboo, your right with it being just like going to the mall or something, except that they are wrapped up, and that gets people excited, (same thing with birthday presents), and you enjoy it more then going to the store and picking out a whatever-you-want.

Anyone here make Christmas cookies? mmmmm... Chocolate chip, oatmeal, sugar cookies... My mom makes them at my grandparents house starting now, until christmas, because we (rest of aunts, uncles, cousins) all come over and snack on them until Christmas. and that brings me to.....*trumpet fanfare*...... COOKIE DOUGH!! I love cookie dough, how about anyone else? I could eat it all day and all night.